Marrone out | Page 2 | Syracusefan.com

Marrone out

I don’t know a single fan that wanted to keep him. We want a clean slate. Hire a new GM and let him get his coach in. And no Meyer please

I mean from his perspective. I know fans won't care.
My "eh" was more that he was chips in on Bortles when his contract was up.

Does this mean that Dougie is back to eating bologna? :rolleyes:

He should coach OL in the NFL for the next 10 seasons and then retire.

He's a good coach, and I'm sure he has an NFL job for life at the coordinator or position level, given how that good ol' boy network operates. Not sure he'll get another HC chance again. I guess it's possible, but he's going to be a realllllly tough sell to a fan base. He got a good run in Jacksonville by NFL standards, and it didn't go well at all.

He's a good coach, and I'm sure he has an NFL job for life at the coordinator or position level, given how that good ol' boy network operates. Not sure he'll get another HC chance again. I guess it's possible, but he's going to be a realllllly tough sell to a fan base. He got a good run in Jacksonville by NFL standards, and it didn't go well at all.
It's hard to say regarding the HC. How many shots did Wade Philips get?

It's hard to say regarding the HC. How many shots did Wade Philips get?
I get it. Freakin' Mike Mularkey got multiple jobs, the good ol' boy network is stronger than titanium. It'll just be a hard sell for Marrone.

I get it. Freakin' Mike Mularkey got multiple jobs, the good ol' boy network is stronger than titanium. It'll just be a hard sell for Marrone.
He's not flashy, but if he's respected in coaching circles, it wouldn't surprise me. It also wouldn't bother me. A lot of things have to come together for a football team to be good. If the HC doesn't also have complete control over personnel, he probably gets too much credit for success and too much blame for failure. When is the last time Jacksonville was good? It can't all be the HC's fault.

He's not flashy, but if he's respected in coaching circles, it wouldn't surprise me. It also wouldn't bother me. A lot of things have to come together for a football team to be good. If the HC doesn't also have complete control over personnel, he probably gets too much credit for success and too much blame for failure. When is the last time Jacksonville was good? It can't all be the HC's fault.
1-15 will be a tough sell to an NFL fanbase.

We will gladly take him in Cincinnati to coach our Bengals terrible O-Line and add on the tag "Associate HC"

The way Zac Taylor is going he could take over 4 games in next year!

Marrone came within 6 minutes and a blown call away from beating the Pats and going to the superbowl
I was saying when you win in the playoffs you get multiple chances. Why Wade kept getting opportunities.

1-15 will be a tough sell to an NFL fanbase.
You're right. As others have said, he'll have to reestablish his rep as an assistant, if he is going to get another shot. Maybe it never happens. I wouldn't be surprised either way.