Marrone out | Page 3 | Syracusefan.com

Marrone out

I was saying when you win in the playoffs you get multiple chances. Why Wade kept getting opportunities.
No it wasn't. He's 1-5 in the playoffs over the course of 3 different fulltime jobs (I'm not counting the interim jobs). His only win came in 2009 in his second to last playoff game that he coached with his 3rd franchise. So Marrone has twice as many playoff wins.

No it wasn't. He's 1-5 in the playoffs over the course of 3 different fulltime jobs (I'm not counting the interim jobs). His only win came in 2009 in his second to last playoff game that he coached with his 3rd franchise. So Marrone has twice as many playoff wins.
You got me:)

If I had an NFL team looking for a OL coach, I’d hire him. I’d hire him as a a college HC, but I don’t think he would go back to a college gig.

Nothing surprises me in the coaching carousel. NFL coaches are recycled more than paper..

The Jags dumped a young and talented team that nearly beat the Pats in the AFC Championship Game a few years ago.

Too many good players let go.

It's never been clear to me what happened down there.
TC went full on old man nuts.

The Jags dumped a young and talented team that nearly beat the Pats in the AFC Championship Game a few years ago.

Too many good players let go.

It's never been clear to me what happened down there.

They followed that year up by massively underachieving. And then, it just seemed to self dismantle.

Great situation for the new coach.

I would think he would've had some say in the process
I would too, but we don't know. It wouldn't be the first time we've heard about jead coaches being overruled by a GM or owner.

I think that when this story is written Marrone is going to get credit from people in the league for basically carrying on with his job and not causing a scene when the Tom Coughlin experiment was destroying the culture. I think his next job is in a front office - he has a good eye for talent.

Tom Coughlin destroyed that team by thinking he was still coaching in the 80's and 90's and berating players. They had tons of NFLPA complaints too.

Maybe Marrone needs someone to pick his next job for him, since he seems to be constantly putting himself in lousy situations. SU wouldn't give him resources, Buffalo had an ownership change, and the Jaguars are an ongoing front office dumpster fire. He should use a matchmaker or something, because he's awful at picking spots.

Maybe Marrone needs someone to pick his next job for him, since he seems to be constantly putting himself in lousy situations. SU wouldn't give him resources, Buffalo had an ownership change, and the Jaguars are an ongoing front office dumpster fire. He should use a matchmaker or something, because he's awful at picking spots.
Maybe he should win some games. Not that he’ll ever have the chance to do that as a HC again.

He left some of the best current owners in the NFL on his own accord. He’s a dope.

Maybe he should win some games.
It's funny that the Pats made him (his 9-7 "winning" year in Buffalo was only because the Pats tanked the last game of that season since they had nothing to play for) and the Pats broke him (Marrone vomited all over himself in the 2nd half of the AFC Champ game).

But yeah, I think he's a good coach, who has a well-defined ceiling.

Maybe he should win some games. Not that he’ll ever have the chance to do that as a HC again.

He left some of the best current owners in the NFL on his own accord. He’s a dope.
Do you really think they would have kept Marrone as coach?

Do you really think they would have kept Marrone as coach?
Absolutely... the Bills had just gone 9-7 (by far their best season in 10 years) and had one of the best defenses in football.

I think that when this story is written Marrone is going to get credit from people in the league for basically carrying on with his job and not causing a scene when the Tom Coughlin experiment was destroying the culture. I think his next job is in a front office - he has a good eye for talent.

His ego won’t allow that to be the end to his story

It's funny that the Pats made him (his 9-7 "winning" year in Buffalo was only because the Pats tanked the last game of that season since they had nothing to play for) and the Pats broke him (Marrone vomited all over himself in the 2nd half of the AFC Champ game).

But yeah, I think he's a good coach, who has a well-defined ceiling.
The Pats cheated in that game just like they did for all the rest of their championships. The PI at the end of the first half and the fumble returned for a TD by Jville called down, how obvious it was fixed.

That would probably be cool as well

I suggest he spend a year here giving back to his old school