Marrone planned on taking Hackett all along | Syracusefan.com

Marrone planned on taking Hackett all along

Interview:

You in? How do you want to BS this with the University? Let's grab lunch.

Clearly someone is lying when it comes to the "agreement" surrounding Hackett. Either DM or Gross. With DM's quote above, then there is no way he said that to Gross unless he was completely lying to his face. I find that hard to believe.

Gross either misunderstood him, is outright lying about DM's "promise" or was blatantly lied to. Big game of finger pointing?

Clearly someone is lying when it comes to the "agreement" surrounding Hackett. Either DM or Gross. With DM's quote above, then there is no way he said that to Gross unless he was completely lying to his face. I find that hard to believe.

Gross either misunderstood him, is outright lying about DM's "promise" or was blatantly lied to. Big game of finger pointing?

After all that has transpired I'm gonna go with DM blatently lied, but thats just me

:rolleyes:

...really kinda sad that DM built a good foundation here and then scorched-earthed his rep with the school on his way out the door.

I don't think we'll see him honored at halftime or the like at any game in the near future w/o some bridges being mended.

...really kinda sad that DM built a good foundation here and then scorched-earthed his rep with the school on his way out the door.

I don't think we'll see him honored at halftime or the like at any game in the near future w/o some bridges being mended.

He burned the bridges on the way out unrepairable

Dude!!! The break up is over and we have moved on to the next! Some BIG time kids are on campus lets be excited about that!! WOW... I happen to like the new faces around and from what I can gather the TEAM LOVES HCSS... So lets move on!!!!! PLEASE!

Why would they make up a contract for Hackett if this was the case? I wonder if Marrone was trying to help Shafer get the job

Beating Ped State is all I want.

Its over. Marrone did a good job. Marrone isn't some miracle worker or anything though. Each of these seasons he should have won 1-2 more games than he did (especially considering we might have had the first QB that is going to get picked.)

The truth is there are a few possibilities for why Hackett didn't leave immediately, and they are all understandable, and thus people need to grow up and not care about these specifics.

Think about it.

1. DM had a couple options he'd prefer as OC who turned him down and he fell back on Hackett.

2. Hackett thought he was going to be named HC here so told Doug to wait and see if he was gonna get offered the head gig from Dr Gross.

It could be deeper. (Probably not.) For all we know Hackett thought he was staying but didn't get a raise that made him happy. So he asks DM for a position coach job, and DM offers him OC.

We're in a good place the offensive staff looks pretty good and Shafer is out of the Harbaugh tree which is the hottest name in football. Lots of winnable games against shitty ACC schools next year. Get to smack an overrated Ped St down in the meadowlands to make a statement that we are back.

No reason to dwell on Doug Marrone. He was a good coach but he's not worth crying over.

I really hope that Gross didn't take Marrone's statement at his introductory press conference as a promise not to take Hackett, because what people are alledging he said, he didn't say.

According to Hackett the guys on the offensive staff were guys he wanted.

I really hope that Gross didn't take Marrone's statement at his introductory press conference as a promise not to take Hackett, because what people are alledging he said, he didn't say.
I take it then that Gross and Marrone have different definitions on what it means for a coordinator to have "thorough" NFL experience then.

No reason to dwell on Doug Marrone. He was a good coach but he's not worth crying over.

Not crying at all, just pointing out we had an alumni HC who did a decent job here and through a unsavory exit, he won't and shouldn't be welcomed back here.

It's too bad, but parting isn't always sweet sorrow.

I take it then that Gross and Marrone have different definitions on what it means for a coordinator to have "thorough" NFL experience then.

"Obviously, with the coordinators, we want people that have thorough NFL experience, as far as especially on the defensive side of the ball," Marrone said Monday. "Offensively, we want people with NFL experience. For our coordinators, we want to make sure they've been in this league.

If Gross relied on this statement, and I'm saying if, that's entirely on him.

If Gross relied on this statement, and I'm saying if, thats on him.

He didn't.

Sent using my Commodore 64 on Tapatalk 5.3

"Obviously, with the coordinators, we want people that have thorough NFL experience, as far as especially on the defensive side of the ball," Marrone said Monday. "Offensively, we want people with NFL experience. For our coordinators, we want to make sure they've been in this league.

quality control = been in league

cool beans

Hey Go...Marrone was an asswhole to the program and lied to it. OK?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
newmom4503

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom