Marrone Situation | Page 6 | Syracusefan.com

Marrone Situation

That's a little sad, considering corner turned, ACC, his recruits, etc. I understand his fustrations if they are what I think they are but he needed to get in a posistion to state his case for SU football - which he is now in.

Agree, this thing is ready to take off. Strange timing. We would have been what, the 3rd or 4th best team in the ACC THIS year?

Suddenly everything is gloomy.

I just don't get it. I think he just wants an NFL job because that's what most football coaches want. And you can't say no to the opportunity, you may not be asked back for interviews.

Agree, this thing is ready to take off. Strange timing. We would have been what, the 3rd or 4th best team in the ACC THIS year?

Suddenly everything is gloomy.

I just don't get it. I think he just wants an NFL job because that's what most football coaches want. And you can't say no to the opportunity, you may not be asked back for interviews.

Agreed. For the first time ever in Marrone's tenure the program has legitimate, sustainable momentum.

If he leaves because an NFL franchise offers a HC gig, then I can't blame him.

If he leaves for anything else then I'd be pretty damn disappointed. Something that isn't talked about much is that it's not like hiring Marrone wasn't a risk. Guy had zero HC experience and hadn't been in the college game for a long time. I get it if he's frustrated by the lack of "support", but it's not like we hired Tressell.

is anyone else exhausted trying to keep up with this stuff?

Malik Brown is having Tennessee in for a visit this week. Arcienega and Wilson have already stated their concerns if Marrone leaves. I really hope this drama ends in the next couple of days before things start falling apart.

I do not see any way that Marrone returns to Syracuse next season and do not believe that he is posturing/leveraging. If he does not get an NFL head coaching position (I am convinced he will get one), I do believe that Marrone will selectively interview for collegiate HC positions and I do not believe it will take a ND / Oregon / SEC job for him to make the jump. Remember that there were rumors floating around several years ago (unverified) that Marrone was close to leaving SU for a comparable collegiate HC position after the first Pinstripe Bowl victory. It is a shame because this is a staff that is so strong from a scheme, player development and game planning perspective.

This comes at an awful time for Syracuse. While Marrone has rescued this program from disaster, he has done so through superb game planning, attention to detail, precise execution and player development (similar to UCONN's BCS run under Edsall) as opposed to high level recruiting and stockpiling of talent. While the program is absolutely turning the corner - it is also at a very fragile state - and at risk of slipping back to mediocrity.

With the move to the ACC - it is time for Syracuse to decide whether it wants to allocate resources to make a run towards being a program that competes regularly for BCS appearances. I really think that the next two weeks are going to shape the future of the program for the next 10 years. Very interesting times ahead.

Where art thou, Jersey Orange. And what are your thoughts on Dino Babers? The Syracuse world wants to know.

(For what it's worth, this post, made four days prior to Marrone taking the Bills job, is dead on accurate even five years later.)

Malik Brown is having Tennessee in for a visit this week. Arcienega and Wilson have already stated their concerns if Marrone leaves. I really hope this drama ends in the next couple of days before things start falling apart.

Things fell apart

Where art thou, Jersey Orange. And what are your thoughts on Dino Babers? The Syracuse world wants to know.

(For what it's worth, this post, made four days prior to Marrone taking the Bills job, is dead on accurate even five years later.)
Jersey Orange will forever be a legend.

Anyone know what happened to him? I can’t recall seeing a post from him in a long time.

Jersey Orange will forever be a legend.

Anyone know what happened to him? I can’t recall seeing a post from him in a long time.

I think he probably just got tired of all the nonsense.

You read his posts from that era and they have aged really, really well. Look at what he wrote about Schiano in the NFL. Dead.Spot.On.

Guy was clearly plugged in and knew his stuff.

Then compare that with the drivel in a thread like "Devito Time" that clearly did NOT age well.

Or some of the absolute nonsense being posted in the "Saint Dougie" thread.

At times he must have felt like a math PHD being lectured by some clown who insists that 2 + 2 = 5.

Real shame because he was true value-added.

You read his posts from that era and they have aged really, really well. Look at what he wrote about Schiano in the NFL. Dead.Spot.On.

Then compare that with the drivel in a thread like "Devito Time" that clearly did NOT age well.

At times he must have felt like a math PHD being lectured by some clown who insists that 2 + 2 = 5.

His username doesn't appear to exist on this site anymore, so he must have deleted his account entirely.

JerseyOrange was a great asset for NJ recruiting info back in Coach P’s days.

I recall a few posts of his from prior board iterations detailing the anger and vindictiveness of NJ high school coaches (piasans of Coach P) over the way SU canned P.

Reactions: CIL

I'm going to go ahead and assume that Jersey Orange did not stop posting because of an apparent posting increase of what Forza Azzurri considers to be nonsense.

I'm going to go ahead and assume that Jersey Orange did not stop posting because of an apparent posting increase of what Forza Azzurri considers to be nonsense.

I missed this because I don't see your posts anymore and just happened to be browsing without signing in..

Are you sure you want to climb in the online octagon with me?

Considering that the only thing that ages worse than some of your posts is a bottle of bordeaux with a bad cork, I would think you would prefer to let sleeping dogs lie...

How about I keep you on ignore and you put me on ignore and we can each pretend the other doesn't exist...

I missed this because I don't see your posts anymore and just happened to be browsing without signing in..

Considering that the only thing that ages worse than some of your posts is a bottle of bordeaux with a bad cork, I would think you would prefer to let sleeping dogs lie...

How about I keep you on ignore and you put me on ignore and we can each pretend the other doesn't exist...
giphy.gif

U7ezHEp.gif

I feel like my posts age about as well as a Vietnamese hooker and I'm guessing a few have me on ignore as well. Too bad you can't get an ignore report and find out how insignificant you've become.

I feel like my posts age about as well as a Vietnamese hooker and I'm guessing a few have me on ignore as well. Too bad you can't get an ignore report and find out how insignificant you've become.
It takes a special kind of psychologically fragile to ignore a long-time message board poster simply because you happen to disagree with his/her viewpoints about a certain former coach. I thought the purpose of message boards was to express opinions, which generates discussion and friendly banter. We've all been wrong and right about things. It's meant to be fun. If Forza had his way this place would be a morgue with no traffic.

Truer words

Ha.
GoSU you may be my doppelgänger. I've given you a like for almost all of your posts. You are the only one on the board who matches my admiration for FHCDM.

GoSU you may be my doppelgänger. I've given you a like for almost all of your posts. You are the only one on the board who matches my admiration for FHCDM.
Awww how sweet!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CuseVegas

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom