Marrone to BC | Page 3 | Syracusefan.com

Marrone to BC

bill obrien is an excellent coach--marrone was a good hire to build with. i would not underestimate this.

Marrone had the best offensive lines for the most part. However, there was the “weak link” at RT, Michael Hays and Sweet Lou Alexander being the 2 that come to mind, curse Sean hickey’s knee injury

I cant picture Doug strolling the halls of an inner city HS in Jersey going up against our staff for a kid.

Correct in conference realignment you make your own house as attractive as possible. The ACC is being tested and we want Pitt and BC clearly behind us this decade.
i disagree. i think there's no scenario where a life raft is sent out for Syracuse and not Pitt and/or BC. We're going to end up somewhere together at the end of this nonsense. My position is we want all 3 schools doing fantastic. Whether it means we lose a few to Pitt and/or BC on any given year so be it.

The northeast schools need to present themselves as a region of teams that need to be involved in college football longterm.

We are so lucky to have the guy we do. He may seriously have been the only candidate to ever get us back to fighting for top 30 recruiting classes.
i understand all the excitement but let's be real and not overblow the expectations. first year coach walking into somewhat of a train wreck. i don't expect miracles right away. lets just give him a chance to get this train back on the tracks and rolling in the right direction.

i disagree. i think there's no scenario where a life raft is sent out for Syracuse and not Pitt and/or BC. We're going to end up somewhere together at the end of this nonsense. My position is we want all 3 schools doing fantastic. Whether it means we lose a few to Pitt and/or BC on any given year so be it.

The northeast schools need to present themselves as a region of teams that need to be involved in college football longterm.
Pitt is being mentioned a lot to the Big 12. Cuz of WVU.

Cuse isn't getting a lot of internet love as a Big 12 candidate.

I'm not saying the ACC will crumble but we do need to be as attractive as possible to the other P4 conferences.

Big 12 would take SU in a second
As a fan I agree...but lots of ignorant narratives out there.

Among most non fans Cuse is thought as a BC. Frustrating

Being honest this sort of sucks. I'd love for him to be working as an analyst for Syracuse. No two ifs ands or butts about it the guy did more with less here because he was so good at scheming and game planning. He's probably an exceptional analyst.

I'm a little teapot...
short and stout...
Here is my handle...
Here is my offensive gameplan from the big guy with the baloney sandwiches...

Pitt is being mentioned a lot to the Big 12. Cuz of WVU.

Cuse isn't getting a lot of internet love as a Big 12 candidate.

I'm not saying the ACC will crumble but we do need to be as attractive as possible to the other P4 conferences.
that's what you want us positioned for???? eh no thanks. stay where you are. I thought you guys were referring to the SEC/BIG level. Everything else will be kid's table. If that's the case i'd rather be at a kids table east of the mississippi.

i understand all the excitement but let's be real and not overblow the expectations. first year coach walking into somewhat of a train wreck. i don't expect miracles right away. lets just give him a chance to get this train back on the tracks and rolling in the right direction.
Agreed, I never spoke about this seasons expectation. Simply, not one other realistic candidate could that quickly produce on the recruiting trail. It’s amazing what Fran has done to upgrade talent in a few months. We were dreaming of top 40 classes and Fran did that in 2 months.

Being honest this sort of sucks. I'd love for him to be working as an analyst for Syracuse. No two ifs ands or butts about it the guy did more with less here because he was so good at scheming and game planning. He's probably an exceptional analyst.

I don’t see FB and DM being a great personality fit for one another. DM would be valuable but we will be ok without him.

His ability to coach the oline here was a big part of his success. Coincidentally, Alabama fans don’t have any love for DM because they think their offensive line was terrible under him

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jc824

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom