Marrone tweet | Page 2 | Syracusefan.com

Marrone tweet

Marrone also said he'd be remiss if it didn't hurt a little to not see Cuse players go yet.

Makes up for the cold comments on Mike and Mike this am.

Just business, if u suck u get fired

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

What a jerk this Marrone character is. He should've taken Pugh at 16. Nassib at 41, Shamarko at 46 and Lemon in the 3rd. Who got him the Bills job? Not Manuel, Woods, Alonso and Goodwin. He's a meanie and will probably go to the Boeheim Gala to punch Jim in the face, kiss Julie, **** in the punchbowl and burn a Syracuse flag while he leaves yelling "Marrone Out!"

I'm not jumping on the Marrone bandwagon, but there were a lot of people on this boards previous incarnation that wanted Casullo gone...most of the fan base that was paying any attention to special teams.

Lots of negative comments about his antics on the sideline during games.

At the time I thought it was the right move...and I have friends who know Casullo and say he's a nice guy.I just thought special teams were a disaster...but I've got to admit he was working with depleted roster depth.

Bills head coach Doug Marrone clearly had a special relationship with his Syracuse players. When asked near the end of day 2 of the NFL draft if he was surprised that his college QB Ryan Nassib was still on the board as round three came to a close.

Marrone was visibly disappointed that Nassib had yet to be taken by an NFL club after the first three rounds.

“I’m extremely surprised,” said Marrone. ”I think the world of Ryan. He has a strong work ethic. He’s a tough kid with a very good arm and I think he’ll be a great addition to whatever team selects him. He has the skill set to be successful. I wish him the best of luck. I think he’ll be successful in this league and I really believe a team will select him soon.”

Marrone went so far as to admit that Nassib’s fate as well as that of Syracuse S Shamarko Thomas pained him.

“You look at it and you’re coming from a team with players that you recruited,” said Marrone. ”There are still some players that are on the board. You love those kids and you love what they’ve done for you. There are great qualities. Prior to taking this job I’ve talked to multiple teams in the league about those players. I’ve had nothing but great things to say about all of them.

“Shamarko Thomas is still out there. It is difficult because you care about those players. You have feelings for those players. Those players helped me get me where I am right now and we’ve been through a lot. Human nature you take a job and you do what you have to do. You do what’s best for the organization that you’re at. At the same time the human side, the feelings that you have. It’s hard, but you’re making decisions for what’s best for your organization. I would be remiss if I didn’t tell you that it does hurt. That’s the human side of it.”

Though he by no means was obligated to pick Nassib...f off Marrone, you really screwed over a kid who helped get you where you were.

Nassib is not WHY Marrone is there, but he's certainly a big reason. He took talent that didn't compare to that of WVU's, USC's, FSU etc. and is now widely considered the 2nd best QB in the draft.

Marrone's not disloyal, he's disappointing.

This is so ridiculous, I thought/hoped it was sarcasm.

This is the freakin NFL, not little league. You don't use first round picks as favors. You pick who you feel is the best guy. One of the highest stakes jobs in the world, and you guys are going nuts because apparently it's Nassibs right to be picked by the Bills since he played for Marrone. "screwed over"? Seriously?

And this "Nassib is the reason he got to the NFL" is ridiculous too. He was one of many players who played well and worked hard. Why arent you all crying about Marrone not picking Shamarko? Why wasn't it Pugh's right to go to Buffalo? Oh yeah, half of you only care about QB's which is why there were so many temporary Eagles fans here, but very few Titans or Colts fans, when McNabb, Freeney, Harrison, and Bulluck were all among the best in the NFL at their positions. Are the Eagles obligated to pick all Oregon players because of Chip Kelly?

This is so ridiculous, I thought/hoped it was sarcasm.

This is the freakin NFL, not little league. You don't use first round picks as favors. You pick who you feel is the best guy. One of the highest stakes jobs in the world, and you guys are going nuts because apparently it's Nassibs right to be picked by the Bills since he played for Marrone. "screwed over"? Seriously?

And this "Nassib is the reason he got to the NFL" is ridiculous too. He was one of many players who played well and worked hard. Why are you all crying about Marrone not picking Shamarko? Why wasn't it Pugh's right to go to Buffalo? Oh yeah, half of you only care about QB's which is why there were so many temporary Eagles fans here, but very few Titans or Colts fans. Are the Eagles obligated to pick all Oregon players because of Chip Kelly?

You should read Marrone's comments. He said it was hard because those players helped him get to where he is.

Ridiculous? Nope.

Bills head coach Doug Marrone clearly had a special relationship with his Syracuse players. When asked near the end of day 2 of the NFL draft if he was surprised that his college QB Ryan Nassib was still on the board as round three came to a close.

Marrone was visibly disappointed that Nassib had yet to be taken by an NFL club after the first three rounds.

“I’m extremely surprised,” said Marrone. ”I think the world of Ryan. He has a strong work ethic. He’s a tough kid with a very good arm and I think he’ll be a great addition to whatever team selects him. He has the skill set to be successful. I wish him the best of luck. I think he’ll be successful in this league and I really believe a team will select him soon.”

Marrone went so far as to admit that Nassib’s fate as well as that of Syracuse S Shamarko Thomas pained him.

“You look at it and you’re coming from a team with players that you recruited,” said Marrone. ”There are still some players that are on the board. You love those kids and you love what they’ve done for you. There are great qualities. Prior to taking this job I’ve talked to multiple teams in the league about those players. I’ve had nothing but great things to say about all of them.

“Shamarko Thomas is still out there. It is difficult because you care about those players. You have feelings for those players. Those players helped me get me where I am right now and we’ve been through a lot. Human nature you take a job and you do what you have to do. You do what’s best for the organization that you’re at. At the same time the human side, the feelings that you have. It’s hard, but you’re making decisions for what’s best for your organization. I would be remiss if I didn’t tell you that it does hurt. That’s the human side of it.”

He must have read the heat he was taking about his performance this morning on Mike and Mike.

Sent using my Commodore 64

He must have read the heat he was taking about his performance this morning on Mike and Mike.

Never too late to do the right thing. Especially if the Bills PR people give you a nudge.

And this "Nassib is the reason he got to the NFL" is ridiculous too.

This isn't meant to bash Marrone. No doubt it was a team effort and good coaching that got Marrone positive exposure. No one player is responsible, but do you honestly think that Marrone would have been considered for an NFL head coaching job coming off that sorry end of the 2011 season...five losses in a row...without Nassib?

You should read Marrone's comments. He said it was hard because those players helped him get to where he is.

Ridiculous? Nope.

Huh? So it's NOT ridiculous to say Marrone screwed over Nassib, because Marrone said it was "hard"? What?

It's ridiculous to say he "screwed over" anyone by not picking them. He's not even the friggin GM by the way, is he "shopping for all the groceries" to quote Parcells?

It's also ridiculous the way it's all about Nassib to some people. 8th pick talk was absolutely insane, obviously...and there's people legitimately mad that The Bills didnt take him 8th!

This isn't meant to bash Marrone. No doubt it was a team effort and good coaching that got Marrone positive exposure. No one player is responsible, but do you honestly think that Marrone would have been considered for an NFL head coaching job coming off that sorry end of the 2011 season...five loses in a row...without Nassib?

Nassib had a great year. So did many others. The programs improvement as a whole over the last 4 years was much bigger than Nassib, though he was obviously a good and important player.

Would we have lost 5 in a row in 2011 if Nassib played better in that stretch? Nassib, and many others all improved greatly in 2012.

Given that Pugh was obviously our best NFL prospect, why weren't people going nuts about the Bills not taking him? It was a much more realistic thing than reaching for Nassib in round 1.

Never too late to do the right thing. Especially if the Bills PR people give you a nudge.

True dat.

Is it possible that:
1. Marrones just doing his job and thought Manuel was the guy with the most upside
2. Didn't want people to connect himself and Nassib for Nassib's whole career. Letting him make his own career kinda thing. M

Nassib doesn't get half the exposure he got without Marrone hyping him at 8.

44cuse

I don't think he did. I think the fact that Nassib dominated the #1 prospect three years in a row and in a bowl game on the national stage, dominated bridgewater (a top 5 pick next year), and rewrote SU's passing records should have been enough for him to go in the first 3 rounds. Or at least justify Buffalo taking him in one of there second round picks.

I don't think he did. I think the fact that Nassib dominated the #1 prospect three years in a row and in a bowl game on the national stage, dominated bridgewater (a top 5 pick next year), and rewrote SU's passing records should have been enough for him to go in the first 3 rounds. Or at least justify Buffalo taking him in one of there second round picks.

Ugh. Really? If you take off your Orange fan glasses and think back to what you saw on the field...do you believe Ryan Nassib is a better QB than Geno Smith? Trust me, I want to believe Nassib is the better QB...but there is no way what I saw from Nassib was better than what I saw from Geno Smith or Matt Barkley.

So to have people being all frustrated for Marrone not taking Nassib is pretty ridiculous. And BTW...Nassib did not Geno Smith. Our defense dominated WVU.

Why would Buffalo take 2 QB's? Because Marrone was his coach?

44cuse

Fired Dan Conley two days before Christmas. Just saying.

fired casullo after thanksgiving

Bills coaching staff shouldn't be feeling too comfortable until after New Years Eve.

That is one of the most bizarre tweets ever. How many times has Doug passed on Ryan? This is in the category of... "He protests too much."

He's supposed to take two QB's?

Ugh. Really? If you take off your Orange fan glasses and think back to what you saw on the field...do you believe Ryan Nassib is a better QB than Geno Smith? Trust me, I want to believe Nassib is the better QB...but there is no way what I saw from Nassib was better than what I saw from Geno Smith or Matt Barkley.

So to have people being all frustrated for Marrone not taking Nassib is pretty ridiculous. And BTW...Nassib did not Geno Smith. Our defense dominated WVU.

Why would Buffalo take 2 QB's? Because Marrone was his coach?

44cuse

I saw OK QB's throwing to 1st round talent. Nassib outplayed them both with lesser weapons over and over again.

I don't think the Bills should take him. He'll sit behind someone for a year or two somewhere else and end up better than both.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
newmom4503

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom