Marrone v Rahme | Syracusefan.com

Marrone v Rahme

Cuseman78

All Conference
Another testy Marrone in tonights presser. Him and Rahme got into a little back and forth at the beginning of the presser. He is holding things REALLY closely to the vest, thats for sure.

That can't be a good thing no matter how you look at it

Maybe he's just getting his game face on

I have no idea but Marrone was not in the mood from the get-go. Sounded annoyed at Rahme that he even inquired about injuries.

I have heard the atmosphere up there compared to nazi Germany... That should tell you enough.

It should also be pretty telling when admins (who have inside knowledge) are deleting threads.

Rahme was an a$$ for even asking the question. For christ sakes he asked the reporters yesterday to not ask any questions about injuries so he breaks Marrone's balls right out of the box. Marrone looked like he wanted to punch him in the mouth.

Maybe Rahme can go over to Storrs and write another story about the legendary Coach P like he did on Big East media day.

I'm sorry, but the university and madrone Absolutely did it to themselves by releasing the press release, retracting, and then not explaining. Rahme is doing his job. Marrone needs to handle it his (by being the leader) mistake much better.

hope Rahme doesn't get Donnie Webb-ed.

Exactly. We're very lucky to have him. It certainly seems that they've tightened things up since last year. Last year, it seemed as though Rahme had Doug's ear. He would write the Monday after articles that had info about the previous weeks game plan etc. Was highly entertaining. I don't see anything like that this year. I wonder if something happened to change that. Lets hope Doug is just being cranky.

After that question I am sure he won't get anything out of Marrone in the future. I hope he likes field hockey and softball because his days of covering SU football are numbered.

I love the way Marrone is preparing for this game. He knows its the biggest game of the year in terms of recruiting and they have a legit shot at being 5-1 going into the WVU game. The less Schiano knows the better!!!

That was awkward. Rutgers week is becoming annoying. Should just shut down the media like they did before Wake and then maybe everyone can settle down after the game, especially if we win.

After that question I am sure he won't get anything out of Marrone in the future. I hope he likes field hockey and softball because his days of covering SU football are numbered.

I love the way Marrone is preparing for this game. He knows its the biggest game of the year in terms of recruiting and they have a legit shot at being 5-1 going into the WVU game. The less Schiano knows the better!!!

What was wrong with the question exactly? Marrone came in pissed off to start. Rahme was doing his job (and he does it very well by the way).

Hey Gocuse, does Rahme work for Marrone or his readers?? I've said it before but Marrone doesn't want to make enemies with the paper. They don't have to write that there are good seats available. They don't have to give much coverage. Just say the Head coach won't cooperate, we'll write about someone that will. I like marrone as a coach, a lot. The way he handles the media, is a joke. Coach Mac knew how to do it. Marrone doesn't. Asking about injuries is the reporters job. He just doesn't have to answer the question.

That was awkward. Rutgers week is becoming annoying. Should just shut down the media like they did before Wake and then maybe everyone can settle down after the game, especially if we win.

Tend to agree. This is tiresome, and its only Tuesday.

Saturday can't get here fast enough.

Agreed, I dont see anything wrong with Rahme's question, he's just doing this job. That was an awkard moment for sure.

What was wrong with the question exactly? Marrone came in pissed off to start. Rahme was doing his job (and he does it very well by the way).

Marrone usually has a lead in statement to his pressers. This time he didn't, he just looked around at everyone wondering if anyone was going to ask a question. So Rahme said anything you can say about practice? Thought it was fair given the lack of the standard statement. I think it was so weird when Marrone said be more specific that Dave probably wasn't sure where to go with it. My take anyway.

I want to know who asked "what do you have to do to avoid the overtime games in the Dome". Marrone answered it diplomatically but you could see in his eyes, he wanted to say "outscore the opponent in regulation, or don't outscore them in regulation".

Hey Gocuse, does Rahme work for Marrone or his readers?? I've said it before but Marrone doesn't want to make enemies with the paper. They don't have to write that there are good seats available. They don't have to give much coverage. Just say the Head coach won't cooperate, we'll write about someone that will. I like marrone as a coach, a lot. The way he handles the media, is a joke. Coach Mac knew how to do it. Marrone doesn't. Asking about injuries is the reporters job. He just doesn't have to answer the question.
My opinion of the reporters is they are a bunch of a$$holes and what Rahme did tonight proves it. Marrone said yesterday that he was not going to answer any questions about injuries this week because they were playing Rutgers (but he would answer there questions next week) and Rahme has to bust his balls by asking who practice, were there any injuries, etc. Rahme doesn't work for the university but without SU the newspaper goes out of business. The Post Standard is losing money and employees are being forced to take unpaid leave so they can keep their head above water.

I guess you would prefer that Marrone tells Rahme who is injured, the nature of the injury, and whether they will be playing on Saturday so Schiano has four days to prepare. Marrone is just trying to win an important football game. He could give a crap about the covragein the Post Standard.

Rahme owns. Asks good questions, his stories are a pleasure to read, and really understands and explains football well. He's not a hack, and even suggesting he's going to do his job differently because of one exchange really sells him short. Get a grip.

Marrone has been pretty damn good with the public relations, and he obviously wants it out there that he's concerned about this game and upset with the circumstances leading up to it.

Marrone knows the deal-Rahme has to ask the question. He is the HC of a BCS football team. If he doesn't want to answer that, he can just say that. No offense to Nolan, but with Webb off the beat, Rahme gives by far the best SU Football coverage. If Marrone gives Rahme issues like he allegedly did to Webb, that's a real problem and should be addressed.

My opinion of the reporters is they are a bunch of a$$holes and what Rahme did tonight proves it. Marrone said yesterday that he was not going to answer any questions about injuries this week because they were playing Rutgers (but he would answer there questions next week) and Rahme has to bust his balls by asking who practice, were there any injuries, etc. Rahme doesn't work for the university but without SU the newspaper goes out of business. The Post Standard is losing money and employees are being forced to take unpaid leave so they can keep their head above water.

I guess you would prefer that Marrone tells Rahme who is injured, the nature of the injury, and whether they will be playing on Saturday so Schiano has four days to prepare. Marrone is just trying to win an important football game. He could give a crap about the covragein the Post Standard.
Wow dude.

Marrone's kinda acting like the ACC bid is on the line this weekend. Winner takes all.

I am confused how him closing the practices to the media and not disclosing injury information to Rahme shows that he is concerned and upset about the Rutgers game. He is preparing for the biggest game of the year and does not want to give Schiano one bit of information. I completely understand what Marrone is doing. He is trying to win a Big East Championship.

Rahme should call Schiano and ask him the same question. I bet he gets the same response.

Enough about the media. Lets talk some football and get fired up for the Rutgers game !!!!

I am confused how him closing the practices to the media and not disclosing injury information to Rahme shows that he is concerned and upset about the Rutgers game. He is preparing for the biggest game of the year and does not want to give Schiano one bit of information. I completely understand what Marrone is doing. He is trying to win a Big East Championship.

Rahme should call Schiano and ask him the same question. I bet he gets the same response.

Enough about the media. Lets talk some football and get fired up for the Rutgers game !!!!

So does this trend continue the rest of the year? Because this certainly is not the biggest game of the year by any stretch. Marrone shouldnt be asking for "help" from the media as he did yesterday.

Why did Marrone even have a presser if he isn't going to answer questions? I think Dave R can ask any question he wants because he works for the PS, not SU - he's got to do what his bosses want him to do. Coach should just call off all press conferences for the week to avoid any mishap.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DizzyNY

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom