Marsh or other Cbball diehards - Any scouting report for Wake? | Syracusefan.com

Marsh or other Cbball diehards - Any scouting report for Wake?

JeremyCuse

Renowned lacrosse analyst
Gotta be honest, I dont know that much about Wake this year. They seem to be a pretty good team this year and obviously playing at home will be a much tougher game.

Interesting to hear the thoughts from some people who have seen them play.

Gotta be honest, I dont know that much about Wake this year. They seem to be a pretty good team this year and obviously playing at home will be a much tougher game.

Interesting to hear the thoughts from some people who have seen them play.

Here was something I posted earlier in the week

Just some quick Wake Forest thoughts. Semi-concerned with this game.

If we were playing Wake at home I would say no problem but Wake is a different team at home. They have won 13 straight at home and that includes a perfect 12-0 this season. This game is much tougher than playing at BC or Miami, Wake is a better team and plays better at home. I like their mix of athletes. It will be absolutely critical for Rak/BMK to play well against Devin Thomas inside. He killed Notre Dame.

I think we can score on Wake and must attack them inside and get to the FT line. Wake defends the 3 pont line well so we must attack in the paint. They surrender lots of FT attempts. Wake will turn it over so we have to capitalize. Also if we can keep them in a halfcourt game and prevent their fast breaks we should be able ok but it wont be a cakewalk. Few ACC road games are. See BC and see Miami. Foul trouble could be big and we cant get into foul trouble. Wakes games always have many fouls on both sides.

I really hope we are not looking ahead to the Duke game.

I would agree with Marsh. They are a totally different team at home than they are away. They have been blown out on the road several times this year and have beaten UNC and ND at home. Last year they beat Miami when they were headed to the ACC title. they rely on thomas and Mcintyre a lot so containing them is everything. With the exception of Thomas, they are not a good rebounding team ... especially on their defensive end. This is also a strength ours ... offensive rebounding. If Rak and Grant are active, we could score a bunch on second chance points. Other than that, they are pretty nondescript ... not a great defensive team so we should score. Ken Pom has them in the 120s for offensive efficiency which isnt good. Key is take the crowd out of it early and don't let up.

Here was something I posted earlier in the week

Just some quick Wake Forest thoughts. Semi-concerned with this game.

If we were playing Wake at home I would say no problem but Wake is a different team at home. They have won 13 straight at home and that includes a perfect 12-0 this season. This game is much tougher than playing at BC or Miami, Wake is a better team and plays better at home. I like their mix of athletes. It will be absolutely critical for Rak/BMK to play well against Devin Thomas inside. He killed Notre Dame.

I think we can score on Wake and must attack them inside and get to the FT line. Wake defends the 3 pont line well so we must attack in the paint. They surrender lots of FT attempts. Wake will turn it over so we have to capitalize. Also if we can keep them in a halfcourt game and prevent their fast breaks we should be able ok but it wont be a cakewalk. Few ACC road games are. See BC and see Miami. Foul trouble could be big and we cant get into foul trouble. Wakes games always have many fouls on both sides.

I really hope we are not looking ahead to the Duke game.

Thanks should be an interesting game. Wish we were playing at 7pm just not a huge fan of the 9pm start time. I am anticipating another nail bitter, really hope we can have a Vatech type game where we maintain an 8-10 pt lead the entire second half but thats probably unrealistic based on what we have seen the past few weeks and our lack of depth.

Thanks should be an interesting game. Wish we were playing at 7pm just not a huge fan of the 9pm start time. I am anticipating another nail bitter, really hope we can have a Vatech type game where we maintain an 8-10 pt lead the entire second half but thats probably unrealistic based on what we have seen the past few weeks and our lack of depth.

Man I love these late starts. Gives me time to get home and get situated.

I expect a game where we may fall behind early once again and then grind out another 7-8 point win. Pretty much been our road games blueprint so far this season.

I would agree with Marsh. They are a totally different team at home than they are away. They have been blown out on the road several times this year and have beaten UNC and ND at home. Last year they beat Miami when they were headed to the ACC title. they rely on thomas and Mcintyre a lot so containing them is everything. With the exception of Thomas, they are not a good rebounding team ... especially on their defensive end. This is also a strength ours ... offensive rebounding. If Rak and Grant are active, we could score a bunch on second chance points. Other than that, they are pretty nondescript ... not a great defensive team so we should score. Ken Pom has them in the 120s for offensive efficiency which isnt good. Key is take the crowd out of it early and don't let up.

How are they as a three point shooting team? Weaknesses defensively?

Man I love these late starts. Gives me time to get home and get situated.

I expect a game where we may fall behind early once again and then grind out another 7-8 point win. Pretty much been our road games blueprint so far this season.

Yeah I like that it allows time to get situated but I hate having that additional two hours to think about the game and how it might play out. Plus if we ever lose one of these 9pm games Its goign to take me hours to get to sleep, lol.

How are they as a three point shooting team? Weaknesses defensively?

They make about 5 per game (similar to us). They only have one guy who makes more than one per game ... Williams and he comes off the bench. Mckie can shoot it and Tyler Cavanaugh (JD) can make them too. It's definitely not a big part of their offense.

Defensive weaknesses seems to be that they give up a lot of points off turnovers and a lot of points in the paint (ND had 44 and Kansas had 50). My guess is we try to pound it inside or Ennis penetrates.

They make about 5 per game (similar to us). They only have one guy who makes more than one per game ... Williams and he comes off the bench. Mckie can shoot it and Tyler Cavanaugh (JD) can make them too. It's definitely not a big part of their offense.

Defensive weaknesses seems to be that they give up a lot of points off turnovers and a lot of points in the paint (ND had 44 and Kansas had 50). My guess is we try to pound it inside or Ennis penetrates.

Sounds like Grant could have a big game inside. Would be nice to get Keita and Grant 10-12 pts combined and 10 boards+

Sounds like Grant could have a big game inside. Would be nice to get Keita and Grant 10-12 pts combined and 10 boards+
Hopefully you mean Baye and Rak. Grant could have a big game (14-16) on his own.

I hope you meant Rak & Keita. I'd like to see Grant getting 12-15 on his own.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FbBarbie

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom