Maryland Fans turning into WVU Fans | Page 6 | Syracusefan.com

Maryland Fans turning into WVU Fans

Ha! As I thought, you have no real idea. Charles Town is far and away different from most other parts of WV. You must head over there for the gambling. Try turning left at 81 and head south down to Inwood, WV or even worse, further west.

As for downtown Hagerstown being depressed, I agree, the outlying cities have been harder hit by the Recession, but revitalization has been going on, and in that respect, it isn't much different from many cities downtown's, Syracuse included.

It is laughable to compare almost anything to Bethesda, one of the highest median income cities in the entire country. (#5 on at least one list)

I won't bother to try to convince you that a rural location is a great place to live, as you are obviously a city oriented person. As you likely could never live in my area, I detest the area you live in. (I worked in Gaithersburg for over 20 years, so I know the area very well.)

Being WV does not just mean living in a rural area. It is more a state of mind (and body) do more research before you throw stones.

I do agree the UMD fans are poor fans. The support in central and western maryland is disappearing as mediocrity rules. Baltimore has always been a pro town, so UMD support in recent years has been confined to the DC burbs. Ped St. & WVU have about as much interest as people move from those states to MD for jobs. VT also has some support, to a lesser degree.

Antiprodigy ... Peace, brother.

I didn't say living outside of an urban area is awful.

I just said --- or intended to say --- that there were a lot of similarities between WV and much of Maryland.

Drive on 68 from 70 and tell me where Maryland ends and West Virginia begins. Hard to do right?

And I'm not comparing the Western part of WV to Maryland either. I have done a lot of skiing at Canaan Valley and the population there is flat scary.

My point is that a lot of Maryland is very rural. Would you disagree with that?

There are plenty of VT fans in the DC market, probably more than any other school. However, they are more interested in playing video games than reading The Washington Post.
C'mon Bayside.

More VT fans than any other school? You gotta know that Maryland is #1 by a wide, wide margin.

Antiprodigy ... Peace, brother.

I didn't say living outside of an urban area is awful.

I just said --- or intended to say --- that there were a lot of similarities between WV and much of Maryland.

Drive on 68 from 70 and tell me where Maryland ends and West Virginia begins. Hard to do right?

And I'm not comparing the Western part of WV to Maryland either. I have done a lot of skiing at Canaan Valley and the population there is flat scary.

My point is that a lot of Maryland is very rural. Would you disagree with that?

No problem with you personally or your comments. This is purely in the context of talking about the typical WVU fan idea, as this thread was originally referring too. Since you have experienced the flat scary that I was referring too, you can understand that despite UMD fans being fair weathered, and some questionable reactions, they are still a far cry from the typical WVU fan.

WVU fans are a breed (or in-breed as the jokes go) of their own.

As I stated previously in this thread, I agree with your above assessment about VT fans. There are definitely NOT more of them around this area than UMD fans.

It really is a shame we lose UMD. I count a number of their fans as friends, and the move to the ACC was going to be extra special. I was really looking forward to expressing my enjoyment when the 'Cuse waxed UMD regularly.

Not on my side of the river.

You are no doubt correct on that. But on the Maryland side, the Terps dominate including a good piece of the District. They have always recruited well locally including getting a huge share of the DeMatha players.

I have nothing to add to this thread. Just had to post something on the fball side because reading the bball side was making me feel stupit.

I have nothing to add to this thread. Just had to post something on the fball side because reading the bball side was making me feel stupit.

Well, we are a football school after all.

Down, down the field goes ol' Syracuse,
Just see those backs hit the line and go thru...

That sure as s*** isn't about Lawrence Moten.