Maryland Game Day Thread - 11/27/17 | Page 17 | Syracusefan.com

Maryland Game Day Thread - 11/27/17

Battle can shoot but you've got to think Howard and Brissetts threes will fall at a higher clip moving forward. Their shots both look very good.

They will...i thought most of their shots looked pretty good for the most part just wasn't falling tonight. And besides huerter torching us from half court it wouldn't of been close. We have a very talented young group who love to scrap and hustle and aren't afraid to get on the floor for the ball and get after the glass. I REALLY like this group we have! Tyus played great the 2nd half at probably 60% and frank Howard was FANTASTIC! 7 steals I think he had?

Cuse shot 44.4% for the game
Maryland, a poor shooting team supposedly, shot 45%. 48% from 3. Huerter was incredible. Single-handedly kept them in the game. Frank was great except for his shooting, 6-17, 1-7 from 3. 10 assists, 7 steals, 5 rebounds. A win is a win. Would have been a loss last year. Congrats to the team for a solid, hard-fought victory.

Great confidence building win. Game was up for grabs at the end and our guys grabbed it. When Tyus missed the front end of the one and one I thought we were in trouble. He wasn't himself. But he comes back and makes two huge plays -- hitting that 3 and then making 2 pressure free throws. Plus he makes the smart foul with 3 seconds left to deny Maryland the chance for a trey. Great win. Lots of positives all around ... Brissett, Sidibe, best game Frank has played.

This is the most enjoyable team we have had in years. I include last final four team.

Enjoy the effort more than anything
Agree, to me effort is everything. It makes up for a lot of mistakes. This team has shown a lot of heart and want to. Add this to their talent and they can only get better. It will still be a tough year with so much youth.

This is the most enjoyable team we have had in years. I include last final four team.

Enjoy the effort more than anything

This was the first time since the 2016 Sweet 16 that I spent the day at work somewhat nervous/excited for a game. Best part is that we’re scratching the surface of how good we’ll be.

I have a good feeling about Saturday night.

Very impressive gutty win for such a young team! What jumps out to me is how much more cohesive this team is. Everyone seems to know and understand their roles. The defense is much improved, and the hustle and effort are there too.

Frank really elevated his game. Tyus turned it on in the second half. He does have a tendency to push off a lot on offense, sometimes when he doesn't need to. He's so talented though. O'Shae just oozes talent and athleticism. I'm sure with as young as we are there will be ups and downs. But for tonight...

Sweet win! Let's Go Orange!!!!!

Last edited:
I love this freshmen class. They have some attitude. Love Sidibe getting angry over that BS 4th foul.

Did people notice Sidibe talking strategy wit Frank and Tyus coming out of that last timeout? Got to love that, a freshman giving insight to the two uperclassman. We got a good one here for sure

Even still at his size, he can make that pass. He just doesn't look.

For a team that plays PNR so much, it's always 'amazing' how poorly we actually run it.

Got to have shooters to space the floor in the corners. Otherwise the defenders cheat in to the help on the roll.