Maryland Gameday... | Page 7 | Syracusefan.com

Maryland Gameday...

they didn't play to that standard but the opponent has something to do with that. besides some sloppiness (it's early), if i'm cuse i want the film to show me better off ball movement on o and better decision making on d. the latter has been an achilles heel and needs to get fixed.

Yes. Terp D very good but a lot of the turnovers didn’t involve them. Maryland had a similar number of turnovers but most seemed caused by SU. Maybe SU a little jittery with all the festivities. Told myself I’d be happy if they kept it within five, but I find myself still frustrated with the sloppy play.

Offensively it seemed like they wanted Curry to run the show and when he struggled they didn’t have a plan b except for Tucker to take over. But you can’t rely on one guy. There needs to be more than just the dodge and shoot approach. Better quicker passes. Just not up to it today.

Curry Cook and Buttermore were terrible today March’s offense is JV zero ball movement stuck in sticks all day
And they only lost by four to the best team in the country. Chin up, bub.

The whole team played poorly at times, very poorly. And they only lost by four to the best team in the country. Calm down. They’ll be fine.

Yes. Terp D very good but a lot of the turnovers didn’t involve them. Maryland had a similar number of turnovers but most seemed caused by SU. Maybe SU a little jittery with all the festivities. Told myself I’d be happy if they kept it within five, but I find myself still frustrated with the sloppy play.

Offensively it seemed like they wanted Curry to run the show and when he struggled they didn’t have a plan b except for Tucker to take over. But you can’t rely on one guy. There needs to be more than just the dodge and shoot approach. Better quicker passes. Just not up to it today.
A lot of people talked the Syracuse team to go into this game scared. They could beat Maryland if they went in and played a decent game.

Overall, good game. Lots of Goals given up in transition. I thought tucker was unbelievable. D looked good in 6 on 6. All but one of Logan’s goals came in transition, khan scoreless. Can’t ask for much more. Need to limit turnovers, get your stars to score and bench cook. There’s hope. Back at it next week

Little early in the season to be calling Maryland the best team in the country unless you put that much faith in polls remember Syracuse beat UVA and hung with Duke early last year before the wheels on the bus came flying off

I think you could argue it's to early to be calling anyone the best team but if we have to I'd say it's either between Maryland or Georgetown based on results.

A lot of people talked the Syracuse team to go into this game scared. They could beat Maryland if they went in and played a decent game.
I agree with your second sentence.

The first? Silly.

Getting a kick out of a couple of these H0T Takes, thanks for the laugh. This game was lost more on some sloppy play than anything else. Give credit to Maryland, ranked number one and for good reason. Easy to look in mid season form when offense has a top player at each position and a top notch goalie.

SU showed they are still a couple offensive pieces short and as someone else already mentioned the defensive communication is still lacking. The offense seemed to revert back to the old bad habits of poor shot selection and iso ball. They needed to settle down and pass around more. Seemed like they rushed the offense in fourth trying to score. Hiltz and his passing would have made a huge difference today.

I kept hearing Maryland was going to steamroll SU, easily double them up and being playing reserves by the fourth. Granted most of that talk came from people with a deep hatred for SU but they hung tough and were just a couple sloppy turnovers from maybe getting the win.

You never put ideas like that in your players heads. This is Syracuse not St Bonaventure lax.
Nobody put that thought in their heads.

Only yours.

Some disappointing hero ball on O at times. Some impatient shots. But it does not take a couple weeks to find the perfect replacements for Rehfuss Scanlan Trimboli and now Hiltz. The main thing I was missing was having that 5th guy who can burn a short stick. Cook not getting it done in that department.

These are the things you need to consider before trashing Pat March like we just put up 10 on Holy cross and not a high quality D! Furthermore I thought we often got a quality look with the shooting/finishing letting us down. Is that on March? Slop, replacing personnel, shooting, it will all get better with time. I very much have my head up today and I think we have to be feeling FANTASTIC about our improvements on defense from last year. Anyone being negative today I just cannot see eye to eye with.

Nobody put that thought in their heads.

Only yours.
This was the type of game where one team has a lot to lose and the other almost nothing. In games like that the team with nothing to lose usually plays free and easy and the favorite has to really dig deep to avoid an upset. The Orange went into the game with a poor mindset, I guess that's on the coaches.

Curry Cook and Buttermore were terrible today March’s offense is JV zero ball movement stuck in sticks all day

The problem is SU lacks above average dodgers space for Dordevic and a lesser extent Curry, that's why the ball gets stuck. Attack was pretty much Dordevic and 1 goal from Berkman late. This team isn't going to beat anyone when 2/3rds of the attack and Curry are MIA. Birtwistle needs to play more, the Cook revival is already dead in the water.

This was the type of game where one team has a lot to lose and the other almost nothing. In games like that the team with nothing to lose usually plays free and easy and the favorite has to really dig deep to avoid an upset. The Orange went into the game with a poor mindset, I guess that's on the coaches.

No they didn't, just stop and save this stuff for the fball and bball board, we don't need or want it here

it's cuse defense, goalie and dordevic so far.
passing sloppy, taking some weak shots. giving up too much transition. running into doubles.

good news is they can clean it all up, but they've been playing with fire. finally moving the ball well late.
Yea gavin played really well.defense gave up a couple bad plays
Maryland has a team built for Memorial Day weekend.

Next year we will too.
Agreed. Hiltz, Spalinna & Dordevic on attack with a good midfield too & great defense… we are absolutely stacked on offense next year and defense is really strong

Hiltz, Spalinna & Dordevic 2022-2033 surely has to be the best attack in country right?

Edit: Finaly might get moved to attack and Dordevic back to middie but Dordevic Is playing out of his mind at attack so that would be a tough thing to do

For what it’s worth, Buttermore, Quinn and Birtwistle were all coming back from injury. They combined to score four goals. Have to imagine they’ll be better going forward and that’s a pretty good performance regardless.

No sign of Clary or Caccomo this week, I thought the later might be back this week. So they were down two starters and still played pretty well.

Hiltz, Spalinna & Dordevic 2022-2033 surely has to be the best attack in country right?

Edit: Finaly might get moved to attack and Dordevic back to middie

I wouldn't count on Dordevic For next year.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cusethunder

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom