Maryland Gameday... | Page 8 | Syracusefan.com

Maryland Gameday...

You have no idea what the teams mindset was or is you sound ridiculous. Just stop
If a team loses a game that it appeared they could of won, criticizing the coaches is not out of bounds. I don't think Gait or Petro would think it's out of bounds either.

Hiltz, Spalinna & Dordevic 2022-2033 surely has to be the best attack in country right?

I dont think Dordevic coming back is a sure thing. He has an extra year but that would be his sixth year of college. Would be huge if he did come back.

For what it’s worth, Buttermore, Quinn and Birtwistle were all coming back from injury. They combined to score four goals. Have to imagine they’ll be better going forward and that’s a pretty good performance regardless.

No sign of Clary or Caccomo this week, I thought the later might be back this week. So they were down two starters and still played pretty well.
Quinn looked real good defense was good even without cacc which is a great sign. D is much better then last couple years

For what it’s worth, Buttermore, Quinn and Birtwistle were all coming back from injury. They combined to score four goals. Have to imagine they’ll be better going forward and that’s a pretty good performance regardless.

No sign of Clary or Caccomo this week, I thought the later might be back this week. So they were down two starters and still played pretty well.

Yup all 3 still working there way back. Birtwistle likely to see big minutes once fully healthy. Lack of dodging hurts a guy like Buttermore who is best when being fed the ball for a look but he should come around.

I dont think Dordevic coming back is a sure thing. He has an extra year but that would be his sixth year of college. Would be huge if he did come back.
Yea that’s fair. Good point. I thought next year was gonna be his 5th. That’s unfortunate

If a team loses a game that it appeared they could of won, criticizing the coaches is not out of bounds. I don't think Gait or Petro would think it's out of bounds either.

You said the players mindset, criticize the staff all you want but your making stuff up as you have zero idea what there mindset was. Nonsense like that isn't going to last long here

What’s your guys opinion on finlay thomson? I believe he’ll start or end up starting next year. He looks way too sweet in his highlight tapes

You said the players mindset, criticize the staff all you want but your making stuff up as you have zero idea what there mindset was. Nonsense like that isn't going to last long here
The coaches are responsible for all variables in regards to preparation for games.

Curry dodges to shoot every time was just hoping his game would of evolved more if he learns to pass it helps everyone

The problem is SU lacks above average dodgers space for Dordevic and a lesser extent Curry, that's why the ball gets stuck. Attack was pretty much Dordevic and 1 goal from Berkman late. This team isn't going to beat anyone when 2/3rds of the attack and Curry are MIA. Birtwistle needs to play more, the Cook revival is already dead in the water.

Curry dodges to shoot every time was just hoping his game would of evolved more if he learns to pass it helps everyone

The problem is SU lacks above average dodgers space for Dordevic and a lesser extent Curry, that's why the ball gets stuck. Attack was pretty much Dordevic and 1 goal from Berkman late. This team isn't going to beat anyone when 2/3rds of the attack and Curry are MIA. Birtwistle needs to play more, the Cook revival is already dead in the water.
Cook is god awful, it’s AMAZING that he was a 5 star recruit

Curry runs hot and cold, has his entire career here, not surprised one iota he struggled today. Again keep in mind with no Hiltz and No Rehfuss and multiple guys working back from injury someone has to initiate and most weeks that's gonna be Curry and Dordevic

I think our attack for next year will be nuts. This year is more of heart then it is skill. We have a really good goalie I think in gavin and our defense looks really solid. Offense is the only struggle for us this year. Next year it won’t be. I hope nobody here is worried about us. I think we played well. Having hiltz hurt for possibly entire year kills us but I really DO think we’ll have a MUCH BETTER YEAR THEN LAST

Curry runs hit and cold, has his entire career here, not surprised one iota he struggled today. Again keel in mind with no Hiltz and No Rehfuss and multiple guys working back from injury someone has to initiate and most weeks that's gonna be Curry and Dordevic
It’s too bad we’re short on offense because rest of team is super solid.. man

This was the type of game where one team has a lot to lose and the other almost nothing. In games like that the team with nothing to lose usually plays free and easy and the favorite has to really dig deep to avoid an upset. The Orange went into the game with a poor mindset, I guess that's on the coaches.

This is patently absurd. This isn’t h0t. It’s not contrarian. It’s completely unfounded. It’s plain dumb.

Disappointed I had to miss this one but it sounds like the lads acquitted themselves pretty well.

Looking forward to catching a replay.

Maryland has a team built for Memorial Day weekend.

Next year we will too.

Gait estimated three years. I assume this is year one.

Maryland has better players, particularly at close d and Ssdm. They had more depth. They’ve been out recruiting us for years. What did people really expect?

I thought the kids did fine today. It was a competitive game which is more than we could say for 4-5 games last year.

I think Seebold and curry are going to have an impact off the dodge against most teams. MD 1v1 d, makar especially, is about as good as it gets. I think we need to try to get a couple speed demons like corsi going. Someone who definitely has a step on a slower short stick. What a luxury last year was where a dodger of trimbolis caliber would often go against a short stick.

I think Seebold and curry are going to have an impact off the dodge against most teams. MD 1v1 d, makar especially, is about as good as it gets. I think we need to try to get a couple speed demons like corsi going. Someone who definitely has a step on a slower short stick. What a luxury last year was where a dodger of trimbolis caliber would often go against a short stick.

I’d like to see Ferris and Corsi start getting Cook’s minutes. He just offers nothing offensively - like a golfer with the yips. He rides great, but just can’t contribute on O for some reason.

Tucker Dordevic was going crazy today. People were saying he couldn't shoot in his early years and now he is ripping perfect shots lefty on the run. I love having him on the field the entire game. He will only get better as a feeder/attack dodger.

just frustrated as it is always next year when so and so gets here or whatever. I know I should be happy about today for competing but thought by now we would see more on offense. This is what year 3 for March. Losing Hiltz hurts but even last year with him there was not a lot of great ball movement and production for many of the games. Maybe it is a hot take and a reactionary one to a tough loss in a game we never led. Just how I feel

Go ask him. He’s downtown with his parents right now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cusethunder

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom