Maui Invitational | Syracusefan.com

Maui Invitational

MSOrange

2020 Cali Award Winner, Regular Season Record
This is usually one of my favorite tournaments, but I got so into Chiefs-Rams last night, I didn't watch a second of it yesterday, Anyway, here are the scores if anyone wants to discuss it.

Monday, Nov. 19

Game 1: Auburn 88, Xavier 79 (OT)
Game 2: Duke 90, San Diego State 64
Game 3: Arizona 71, Iowa State 66
Game 4: Gonzaga 84, Illinois 78

Game 5: Xavier vs. San Diego State, 2:30 p.m. ET on ESPN2
Game 6: Iowa State vs. Illinois, 5 p.m. on ESPN2
Game 7: Auburn vs. Duke, 8 p.m. on ESPN
Game 8: Arizona vs. Gonzaga, 10:30 p.m. on ESPN

Xavier losing to Auburn, has the departure of Chris Mack hurt them that bad?

Xavier losing to Auburn, has the departure of Chris Mack hurt them that bad?

Auburn was a 4 seed last year and around the top ten this year.

It will be interesting to see if they can hang with Duke for a while.

3 out of 4 games yesterday were really great. Especially that Auburn/Xavier game that went to OT. Looking forward to seeing Auburn/Duke later - this will definitely be the biggest test for Duke so far this season (even more than Kentucky). Auburn is legit. But Zion is just in a league of his own.

If we had went 2-0 in NYC, I would be gorging myself on all these other holiday hoops tourneys. But since we lost I avoid them like the plague. I'm weird.

Same, and this is a really fun week of basketball usually. But 2-2 is a big downer and I'd rather pretend college basketball doesn't exist between now and Cornell.

does Auburn have a good big man. The usual ref strategy is to try and foul out the other teams good front court player like Okafor in 2004 final four.

Yeah looking forward to this one. Hard to cheer for either since Duke is Duke and Pearl is a POS. But, Auburn should have the ability and depth to give them problems. They have some real legit guards who are ballers and high risers.

This is usually one of my favorite tournaments, but I got so into Chiefs-Rams last night, I didn't watch a second of it yesterday, Anyway, here are the scores if anyone wants to discuss it.

Monday, Nov. 19

Game 1: Auburn 88, Xavier 79 (OT)
Game 2: Duke 90, San Diego State 64
Game 3: Arizona 71, Iowa State 66
Game 4: Gonzaga 84, Illinois 78

Game 5: Xavier vs. San Diego State, 2:30 p.m. ET on ESPN2
Game 6: Iowa State vs. Illinois, 5 p.m. on ESPN2
Game 7: Auburn vs. Duke, 8 p.m. on ESPN
Game 8: Arizona vs. Gonzaga, 10:30 p.m. on ESPN
Great. I haven't had a chance to watch Duke yet. Hope they put the burn on Auburn. I just hate everything about that school.

If you are as consistently hysterical as Walton I would love to hang out with you.

Walton’s the best. I want to be entertained when watching TV. He’s a good dude and I know an individual and organization who have had direct contact with him. The guy is amazing.

Jesus Zion who has a leg thicker than both of Chewys or Bourama’s was up top, quickly put the ball in between his legs, broke his man down like a PG, and kicked it out for a 3. Special talent.

I’m not looking forward to playing Duke twice this season - Auburn is a legit top 10 team, and Duke is manhandling them.

I’m not looking forward to playing Duke twice this season - Auburn is a legit top 10 team, and Duke is manhandling them.

I didn’t think Barrett’s handle was this good. That Jones is another excellent PG just like his brother. Hopefully the zone can do something against them. Offensively we don’t have the guard quickness like Auburn has so it will be a long night, sigh.

Auburn played like trash and they’re down 8. I’d say that’s a win for them.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SYRtoBOS

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom