May be wrong: ACCnetwork moving faster than thought | Syracusefan.com

May be wrong: ACCnetwork moving faster than thought

arbitragegls

All Conference
abuzz may be the word instead of whispers...appears that FSU new President Thrasher is fanning the flames again...even though our Ninja wants to keep it under wraps. So here it is on . . . . . . . . . . (Warchant):

Bullish about the future
Thrasher said he doesn't have any strong opinions about the future of the playoff and whether it will eventually be expanded to eight teams. Like all university presidents, he said he has concerns about extending football season even further. But he said he imagines Wilcox and other athletic directors will begin researching those options in the next year or two.

Although he wasn't serving in an official capacity with FSU in 2013, when Barron locked the school into the ACC by signing a long-term Grant of Rights agreement, Thrasher said he is excited about the future of the conference. He was particularly encouraged by a recent visit from the ACC's television consultant, who is working with ESPN on creating a cable network similar to those operated by the SEC and Big Ten.

"I think that's a viable thing," Thrasher said. "They're working hard on it. Whether we can get it up and running by 2016, I don't know. But that's the goal. … We're excited about that. And I'll tell you, that would be a big boom to us in terms of revenue to do that. We're going to work hard on that."

As it turns out, Thrasher's political clout could help make that venture become a reality. Because every state has its own laws and cable networks, Thrasher said the ACC's consultant wanted to know if he could help the conference clear any potential obstacles in Florida.

He does, after all, have more than 20 years' experience in state politics, including a term as Speaker of the House.

"I think I'm probably in a pretty good position to help out there, at least right now," Thrasher said with a chuckle. "I have a little bit of shelf life left with those guys down there."

As discussed on the STEALTH side, the ACCnetwork continues to gain momentum...my understanding was 9 months or so to announce...it is looking for this article as perhaps being faster. To have it up and running in Fall '16 would be...AWESOME!!

Some additional points:
The Conference Presidents are discussing approval as this is written--moving forward is no longer the issue.
1. ESPN/Raycom working this together with the ACC
2. Monies from Maryland leaving may be used...at least the Conference $$$
3. Fox negotiations are moving forward...to get subleases from Raycom back
4. The leadership of the ACC Digital Network (Raycom) is turning out to be a big component of the plan

It is getting exciting...I am trying to cap my enthusiasm and measure my words...but as we all know:

It's Good to be 'Cuse! The Order of the 'Cuse Orange...

As long as they can get some better talent to call the games ... the ACC guys now are terrible.

The Biggest question is can Syracuse get the ACC network on basic tier in NYC.

UNC/NCSU/Wake/Duke get NC, Clemson gets SC, Gerogia Tech gets ATL/GA, FSU/Miami get FL, Pitt gets WPA, Louisville gets Kentucky/Southern Ohio, UVA/VPI get VA and possibly DC.

Syracuse gets CNY, but can get the ACCN on NYC and what the hell can BC get in New England?

I think Marsh and CuseTroop should call games from a bar via web stream. That way I could turn the volume down and listen to them get more and more tipsy as the game progresses. That would definitely liven up the color commentary, I think. ;)

I think Marsh and CuseTroop should call games from a bar via web stream. That way I could turn the volume down and listen to them get more and more tipsy as the game progresses. That would definitely liven up the color commentary, I think. ;)

He couldnt keep up with me. He would pull a Bob Uecker and pass out

He couldnt keep up with me. He would pull a Bob Uecker and pass out
Oooooooohhhh...

As long as they can get some better talent to call the games ... the ACC guys now are terrible.

I'll take a lifetime of those announcers and Bojangles commercials if it means an ACC network.

The Biggest question is can Syracuse get the ACC network on basic tier in NYC.

UNC/NCSU/Wake/Duke get NC, Clemson gets SC, Gerogia Tech gets ATL/GA, FSU/Miami get FL, Pitt gets WPA, Louisville gets Kentucky/Southern Ohio, UVA/VPI get VA and possibly DC.

Syracuse gets CNY, but can get the ACCN on NYC and what the hell can BC get in New England?
I have said before the worse thing about SU going to the ACC is not being able to see 95% of the games on TV (if not 100%). I think I have missed more games in the past season and half than in the previous 10 seasons combined. I won't even get into the announcers.

abuzz may be the word instead of whispers...appears that FSU new President Thrasher is fanning the flames again...even though our Ninja wants to keep it under wraps. So here it is on . . . . . . . . . . (Warchant):

Bullish about the future
Thrasher said he doesn't have any strong opinions about the future of the playoff and whether it will eventually be expanded to eight teams. Like all university presidents, he said he has concerns about extending football season even further. But he said he imagines Wilcox and other athletic directors will begin researching those options in the next year or two.

Although he wasn't serving in an official capacity with FSU in 2013, when Barron locked the school into the ACC by signing a long-term Grant of Rights agreement, Thrasher said he is excited about the future of the conference. He was particularly encouraged by a recent visit from the ACC's television consultant, who is working with ESPN on creating a cable network similar to those operated by the SEC and Big Ten.

"I think that's a viable thing," Thrasher said. "They're working hard on it. Whether we can get it up and running by 2016, I don't know. But that's the goal. … We're excited about that. And I'll tell you, that would be a big boom to us in terms of revenue to do that. We're going to work hard on that."

As it turns out, Thrasher's political clout could help make that venture become a reality. Because every state has its own laws and cable networks, Thrasher said the ACC's consultant wanted to know if he could help the conference clear any potential obstacles in Florida.

He does, after all, have more than 20 years' experience in state politics, including a term as Speaker of the House.

"I think I'm probably in a pretty good position to help out there, at least right now," Thrasher said with a chuckle. "I have a little bit of shelf life left with those guys down there."

As discussed on the STEALTH side, the ACCnetwork continues to gain momentum...my understanding was 9 months or so to announce...it is looking for this article as perhaps being faster. To have it up and running in Fall '16 would be...AWESOME!!

Some additional points:
The Conference Presidents are discussing approval as this is written--moving forward is no longer the issue.
1. ESPN/Raycom working this together with the ACC
2. Monies from Maryland leaving may be used...at least the Conference $$$
3. Fox negotiations are moving forward...to get subleases from Raycom back
4. The leadership of the ACC Digital Network (Raycom) is turning out to be a big component of the plan

It is getting exciting...I am trying to cap my enthusiasm and measure my words...but as we all know:

It's Good to be 'Cuse! The Order of the 'Cuse Orange...
Thanks Arb - long time no post!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FbBarbie

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom