maybe people forgot but there was a guy named mike hopkins that used to work here | Page 4 | Syracusefan.com

maybe people forgot but there was a guy named mike hopkins that used to work here

I do not see him coming back.

Why would he?

Do you know how much he is making?

Do you know how much lower JB's salary is compared to CBB coaches of a similar level? The Cuse has been enjoying a home town discount from JB for years.

Hop has a 6 year deal worth $12.3 million. Roughly $2 mil a year.

JB earned $2.3 mil in 2017, not counting bonuses (most recent data available).

If Hop wants to come back, money won't be an issue.

There are a lot of good coaches in the world and Syracuse is a pretty attractive program. When the time comes I don't imagine we'll be scraping the bottom of the barrel to find a coach.

Hop will get the first right of refusal and then we'll know how Orange his blood is.

There are a lot of good coaches in the world and Syracuse is a pretty attractive program. When the time comes I don't imagine we'll be scraping the bottom of the barrel to find a coach.

I don't think it will be that easy either. This isnt 2012. Recruits don't want to come play for a hall of fame coach, it may not be as attractive as you see it.

I don't think it will be that easy either. This isnt 2012. Recruits don't want to come play for a hall of fame coach, it may not be as attractive as you see it.

It was just rated as the fourth best job in the ACC by the coaches.

It was just rated as the fourth best job in the ACC by the coaches.

What was UCLA rated a couple years back at the National level? Top 10? They couldn't get people to interview. We're not going to get a sexy name.

What was UCLA rated a couple years back at the National level? Top 10? They couldn't get people to interview. We're not going to get a s e xy name.

I mean...I’d take Mick Cronin right now.

I mean...I’d take Mick Cronin right now.

I would too. I'd take Greg Paulas if he has a couple good years in Niagara over anyone on the current staff.

I can't wait for Hop to come back to coach and play 40 mins of 2-3 zone, then have the fan base complain his zone is as good as JB's zone.

Basically everyone just wants to win again, but you don't really want change or you wouldn't want the coach who learned everything he knows from JB.

What was UCLA rated a couple years back at the National level? Top 10? They couldn't get people to interview. We're not going to get a s e xy name.

Ok sure. We’ll see who’s right. I trust coaches over fans and sportswriters.

Ok sure. We’ll see who’s right. I trust coaches over fans and sportswriters.

Who was 5th? I have a feeling we're much closer to the 5th or 7th team than the 3rd.

Who was 5th? I have a feeling we're much closer to the 5th or 7th team than the 3rd.

Yeah we’re closer to Notre Dame and NC State at 6 and 7 then UVA and Louisville.

Anybody who thinks the transition into the Syracuse job would have been easy and smooth as the UW job is fooling themselves.
I just don’t think you can say that either way. Hop def couldn’t have landed Stewart and prob would have been in the mix for other too east coast kids too. He obviously wouldn’t have landed the seattle kid McDaniels.

Whch is funny because on the football board he’s in the process of being turned into a hybrid of Joe Montana, Tom Brady, and Troy Nunes.
I said it 2 years ago Dungey is the Diet Coke version of Tim Tebow.
Good college athlete who played QB but isn’t a pro QB.

Dungey good player but not much more.

I’m a Hop fan but I gotta say that seeing the OP has me itching to bet a farm or farm and a half on Baylor tonight purely based on karma.

I would too. I'd take Greg Paulas if he has a couple good years in Niagara over anyone on the current staff.
:vomit:A dookie over Red? Over any of our guys? C’mon man.

But I would pay to see Devo knock him out.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CarlsbergMD

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom