McClung | Syracusefan.com

McClung

AlaskaSU

Build a dorm, burn the locker rm. upgrade the dome
His G League effective shooting % is higher than Jokic and Jokic is the highest in the NBA. At 6'2" I can think of several successful NBA players who were shorter. Why is McClung not in the NBA? His G League salary is $300,000, which might be the highest in the G League.

His G League effective shooting % is higher than Jokic and Jokic is the highest in the NBA. At 6'2" I can think of several successful NBA players who were shorter. Why is McClung not in the NBA? His G League salary is $300,000, which might be the highest in the G League.
two reasons

A) Everyone in the nba can score (see Buddy not getting a shot despite shooting the lights out in the g league). Hell everyone can score in the G league

B) who‘s he guarding as a 6’2 combo guard

two reasons

A) Everyone in the nba can score (see Buddy not getting a shot despite shooting the lights out in the g league). Hell everyone can score in the G league

B) who‘s he guarding as a 6’2 combo guard
His effective shooting % is higher than anyone in the NBA! There have been several successful NBA players under 6'. The guy has hops. He hit his head on the rim. He is a freak athlete.

His effective shooting % is higher than anyone in the NBA! There have been several successful NBA players under 6'. The guy has hops. He hit his head on the rim. He is a freak athlete.
Not really recently. A kid like Markquis Nowell is a vastly superior basketball player than McClung (imo) and he was undrafted and signed a 2 way contract.

If you are 6'2 or under, you need to be a great PG (Chris Paul, FVV), an ELITE scorer (Think Steph, Ja, Donovan Mitchell level), or a hustle spaz defender type (Alvarado)

Why would I sign McClung when there's players out there at the same size like a Bones Hyland who doesn't even play who's prob a better scorer.

He's just too small and doesn't have a wanted skill.

Not really recently. A kid like Markquis Nowell is a vastly superior basketball player than McClung (imo) and he was undrafted and signed a 2 way contract.

If you are 6'2 or under, you need to be a great PG (Chris Paul, FVV), an ELITE scorer (Think Steph, Ja, Donovan Mitchell level), or a hustle spaz defender type (Alvarado)

Why would I sign McClung when there's players out there at the same size like a Bones Hyland who doesn't even play who's prob a better scorer.

He's just too small and doesn't have a wanted skill.
Having the highest effective shooting % in the Country is a skill that someone should want. In his 4 NBA games he did quite well.

His team won the G. League championship. What more can the guy do to get a chance? Is the G League the place where players go to die?

His team won the G. League championship. What more can the guy do to get a chance? Is the G League the place where players go to die?
Somewhere around 30% of the NBA has spent time in the G league. I would guess McClungs' size works against him quite a bit.

If NBA teams thought he was good enough and would help them win, he'd be in the NBA. They don't, so he isn't.

It's hard to make the NBA as a ball dominant guard. Every single NBA team has superstars who dominant the ball, no need for a ball dominant player who is a rung or two below the best players. It's easier to make the NBA as a guy who will do dirty work - rebound, defend multiple positions, play off the ball, catch and shoot, etc. They fit better with the superstars.

I foresee this as Judah's big obstacle, too.

Have some of you seen the bottom dwellers of the NBA? McClung would easily add value to the Spurs or Detroit. Those teams are horrid. And the NBA wants to add two teams? Fix the bad teams first. There's already a dearth of talent.

Dude was a Rutgers commit before going to GTown

He's not the cousin of Riff Raff, he is the cousin of Satan

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jc824

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom