MCW. 17-10-9-3 | Syracusefan.com

MCW. 17-10-9-3

Damn...i knew he was close

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using Tapatalk 2

Rak owes him an extra christmas present this year.

He took over the game down the stretch. I'm worried we really have one ball handler. Noted this earlier in the season. Brandon is a much better player off the ball. The drop off at point is significant once mcw is off the court.

Our backcourt consists of an mp3, a cd and an 8 track. But, there aren't many teams who are going to be able to take advantage of it.

He took over the game down the stretch. I'm worried we really have one ball handler. Noted this earlier in the season. Brandon is a much better player off the ball. The drop off at point is significant once mcw is off the court.
Could you imagine if both of them were to get into foul trouble..yikes.

Hard to argue that point. Even MCW got sloppy with the ball late

And the crazy thing is that he's going to get exponentially better as season goes on which will mostly be seen in his game management as he gets more run and more comfortable.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2

You can also add 6 turnovers to that total. Two really bad ones in the final two minutes. If he didn't have to sit for over 6 minutes in the first half, he could of had an amazing stat line.

MCW will be missed next year. Yet another lottery pick outta Cuse. Ho hum.

Yet what is interesting is that when Triche went off for those 10 straight, he was at PG the whole time.

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk 2

MCW will be missed next year. Yet another lottery pick outta Cuse. Ho hum.
Ya and he sat the bench last year. A lottery pick on the bench. Now why do you think that happened?

Ya and he sat the bench last year. A lottery pick on the bench. Now why do you think that happened?

Because the three players ahead of him were better last year than he was as a physically underdeveloped true frosh?

Did it ever occur to you that maybe part of the reason his learning curve got accelerated was because he played against such good competition in practice last year, and it made him more ready this year [a la Sherman / Pearl]?

Yet what is interesting is that when Triche went off for those 10 straight, he was at PG the whole time.

Ya I agree Jake is way off on this one. Also triche was also the second ballhandler a year a go as well. So there's no change from last year.

Because the three players ahead of him were better last year than he was?
No they weren't my friend. You're way off base. MCW didn't become a lottery pick overnight

That run was amazing .. just prior I was shaking my head asking how could he play so poorly and then BAM! .. instant redemption.

No they weren't my friend. You're way off base. MCW didn't become a lottery pick overnight

We went 34-3 last year. I'd say that your criticisms are the ones that are off base regarding JB's use of the backcourt depth.

The comparison isn't MCW and how he's playing this year, it is how he would have performed last year compared to the players who comprised last year's three guard rotation. Tough to argue with the results. Your perspective is pure conjecture.

Because the three players ahead of him were better last year than he was as a physically underdeveloped true frosh?

Did it ever occur to you that maybe part of the reason his learning curve got accelerated was because he played against such good competition in practice last year, and it made him more ready this year [a la Sherman / Pearl]?
No I don't at all. His talent was just as obvious a year a go. You don't go from hardly playing to an early draft pick type player over the off season. Get real.

The answer to the question "should MCW have started last year?" Is my new instant IQ test.

30-1. Jesus f ing Christ.

if he can cut down on the careless turnovers he can lead the nation in asst:to ratio

We went 34-3 last year. I'd say that your criticisms are the ones that are off base regarding JB's use of the backcourt depth.

The comparison isn't MCW and how he's playing this year, it is how he would have performed last year compared to the players who comprised last year's three guard rotation. Tough to argue with the results. Your perspective is pure conjecture.
MCW was the best player on the team last year it was very obvious how good he was I don't care about the record. He should have been playing

No I don't at all. His talent was just as obvious a year a go. You don't go from hardly playing to an early draft pick type player over the off season. Get real.

Let's not pretend that the kid wasn't a McD's all american--he was a heckuva prospect who just needed a bit of time. And the extra year clearly is paying off. I seriously doubt he would have performed at this level last season. He probably faced tougher competition in practice last season than he saw in most games we play. I wouldn't underestimate the impact that had on his developmental curve.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
newmom4503

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom