MCW. 17-10-9-3 | Page 2 | Syracusefan.com

MCW. 17-10-9-3

MCW was the best player on the team last year it was very obvious how good he was I don't care about the record. He should have been playing

Anglerman, I love ya, but you are now treading dangerously close to igor territory.

If that's really the opinion you're espousing, then it doesn't seem worth debating anymore.

This is a totally dumb argument. You had a 5th year senior who had 100+ wins under his belt, a 3 year starter who will leave Syracuse with more wins than any player in the last 110 years, and a lottery pick on the team - and MCW still got some minutes.

Yes
No, RF, you're wrong. angleman posts nothing but facts. which is why the rest of us are so fortunate to be here to read those posts.
Yes that is correct! Now you understand. On this point I am correct though.

He took over the game down the stretch. I'm worried we really have one ball handler. Noted this earlier in the season. Brandon is a much better player off the ball. The drop off at point is significant once mcw is off the court.

Yep...Seemed like Anderson waited a little while to start the press and even when they did do it their press wasn't too agressive. Fortunately only a Florida, Missouri or Louisville will deploy this strategy again. MCW really does look in control. Pretty special.

Anglerman, I love ya, but you are now treading dangerously close to igor territory.

If that's really the opinion you're espousing, then it doesn't seem worth debating anymore.

That's awfully diplomatic of you.

You're arguing with someone who argues that high steal numbers are necessarily indicative of good defense.

After tonight's game I'm just about ready to get on board with MCW being the best Syracuse point guard since #20.

Could you imagine if both of them were to get into foul trouble..yikes.
They both were in foul trouble tonight and both found a way to take over at key points late in the game in that environment. They will take a lot away from this.

He took over the game down the stretch. I'm worried we really have one ball handler. Noted this earlier in the season. Brandon is a much better player off the ball. The drop off at point is significant once mcw is off the court.

I don't want to accuse you of being master of the obvious or anything, but of course there is a significant drop off. If MCW finds his jumpshot he will go in the lottery this year. This I know to be true because I heard it from Jimmy Dykes.

After tonight's game I'm just about ready to get on board with MCW being the best Syracuse point guard since #20.

Still too soon, still too small a sample. He has to take care of the ball better, but he has a good chance to get there.

Yet what is interesting is that when Triche went off for those 10 straight, he was at PG the whole time.

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk 2

As good as Southerland was, Triche gets my POTG award for that.

Yet what is interesting is that when Triche went off for those 10 straight, he was at PG the whole time.

Yes. Shooting not distributing. He's a two that should run point only in short stints. I have no problem with him taking wide open 3s. He's a shooting guard.

That run was amazing .. just prior I was shaking my head asking how could he play so poorly and then BAM! .. instant redemption.
Triche's shot was just so far off up to that point. After he airballed an open look I thought he just didn't have it tonight. But credit him for continuing to shoot after Southy went out. That shooting display was amazing under the circumstances -- big, big stones.

I'm going to say right now, if this had been a home game, he'd have had a triple double. The statistician would have found a way.

As an SID, trust me on this.

That was an incredible and ultra important blitz by Triche. But let's face it Bees, up to that point he was miserable tonight.

I'm going to say right now, if this had been a home game, he'd have had a triple double. The statistician would have found a way.

As an SID, trust me on this.

You mean they would have counted RAK's missed dunk?

You mean they would have counted RAK's missed dunk?
No, they would have found another place to be generous to get him another assist if at all possible.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
newmom4503

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom