Meathead coaching from the 'Ville game | Syracusefan.com

Meathead coaching from the 'Ville game

Ragman2000

Pee-Trough Advocate
Attended the game last Saturday, but was too dejected and tired to give my annual pee-trough report. Was good to see a few other posters from the board at the pre-game tailgate.

Here's something that bugged the hell out of me. At the end of the first half, we didn't use any timeouts to try to save some time and get the ball back. Fine, I get it, cut your losses and head to the locker-room.

That said, WHY on earth did Louisville punt the ball to us as time expired in the first half? What possible value was there to punt? Yes, it was fourth down, but clearly the last play of the half was on it's way. It would seem to me that there were 2 choices: Try to score (i.e. hail mary), or have the QB run backwards and take a knee if you want to go the conservative route. Why on earth give the ball up to the other team if you don't have to? We could have run it back for a TD. Even if it were a 1 in a 1000 chance, why even take that chance when there is zero gain to do so?

This has bugged me worse than how crappy we played. I'm sure Millhouse was off his vegetarian diet forced on him post WVU and was in full meat-head meltdown mode.

It was an awful job by both HCs.

Marrone should have called a TO to force a punt. So much can happen. A shank, a bad snap, a block, a return. If any of those happened, we could end up with great field position and no time left. Worst case we are pinned deep and then you take 1-3 knees (depending if UL used their TOs) and get into half.

Strong had the ball at our 48. How in the hell do you not throw a Hail Mary?

Good meeting you Ragman! Just fyi PJCS had troughs in the flight deck men's rooms. My boys waited for the stalls to open. :eek:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sturner5150

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom