Media 7, Coaches 9 | Syracusefan.com

Media 7, Coaches 9

It’s interesting that the coaches poll has had Syracuse ranked lower all season. The conspiratist in me suspects a little home cooking going on there.

UNC is #1 with 3 losses
Denver is #4 with 3 losses
Duke is #5 with 4 losses
Loyola #7 with 3 losses
Penn St #8 with 3 losses

Syracuse seems to be penalized more than other teams for losing.

Glancing at the polls Syracuse has 2 What losses and 2 wins over the top 10 teams. They are 4-1 against the current top 20.

I also think the polls will be a bit off when it comes to the tournament this year which should make it fun.

It’s interesting that the coaches poll has had Syracuse ranked lower all season. The conspiratist in me suspects a little home cooking going on there.

UNC is #1 with 3 losses
Denver is #4 with 3 losses
Duke is #5 with 4 losses
Loyola #7 with 3 losses
Penn St #8 with 3 losses

Syracuse seems to be penalized more than other teams for losing.

Glancing at the polls Syracuse has 2 What losses and 2 wins over the top 10 teams. They are 4-1 against the current top 20.

I also think the polls will be a bit off when it comes to the tournament this year which should make it fun.

The polls are a joke, Penn State and Loyola will be lucky to make the tournament and Duke still has what one quality win and gave up 16 goals or whatever it was to a Virginia team thats having its worst year in a decade. Denver just lost to Fairfield, Fairfield for christ sake. That coaches poll is absolute garbage.

this is what really irritates me. notre dame's mens and womens hoops and lax would be just absolute garbage without the the big east conference affiliation the past decade or so and yet their sacred football program is just too regal to join up. now the ACC is buying into the same garbage. tell ya what. just elect me league commish and ND either comes ALL IN or we don't even schedule those mofos in any sport.

I will disagree on the lacrosse team (no idea about womens hoops). The Be has helped ND, but the reason they are as good as they are right now is coaching, recognition and being fully funded. ND has one of the best staffs in college lacrosse, not only in preparation and gameday situations but on the recruiting path. No one outworks Corrigan and Byrne on the recruiting trail. Coast to coast they are at every major event, the same cannot be said about the local coaches. As for funding, twenty years ago, when i was being recruited,ND did not offer scholarships for lacrosse. That changed about 15 years ago and ND made their first final four in 2001. The Big East helps they by adding SU to their schedule but that is it. Outside of Georgetown the rest of the teams in this conference have historically sucked or not existed. ND has the money to play a national schedule and most teams want ND on their schedule to give them instant spotlight. Like it or not, that is reality.

That changed about 15 years ago

hmmm ND TO THE BIG EAST ?

Sorry if I wasn't clear. They only started giving scholarships for lacrosse 15 years ago. That combined with their name recognition and coaching staff is why they have been at top of the polls the past few years. Big East lacrosse has existed for 3 years,has little to do with ND success.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RDembowski

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom