Medical Redshirt for Braswell | Syracusefan.com

Medical Redshirt for Braswell

OrangeXtreme

The Mayor of Dewitt

Boeheim: “He made a couple of shots, he can shoot. That’s what he can do. We’re still working with Robert on his legs. They’re not great, we’re still trying to figure out what the best option for him is. We haven’t made a decision there, but we’ll make one soon. He can shoot the ball. He’s had problems with both legs all year. We’re trying to figure that out now. He has constant pain, and it’s hard for him to go. The best option is not to do anything, to take some time away and try to get rested, try to do some physical therapy type things that would help him. I’m thinking of his long-range career. He’s got really great potential, but he really can’t go full speed and I think it would help him if he did take a redshirt this year. The decision hasn’t been made yet.”

Last edited:
JB mentioned a while ago that Braswell had leg issues that kept bothering him. He said that it was effecting his practice and that they were trying to get more medical opinions on whether if it was more serious than originally thought. This was over a month ago. It sounded like a Sidibe type leg problem that was tough to pin down.

Either play him spot minutes down the stretch (because there will be nights where he'll be needed), or keep him fresh for 2022-23.

JB even mentioned this in his presser. Bras is in constant pain and can't go full speed.

Maybe the leg issue is effecting his ability to rebound...

Just a hunch.

Braswell’s issue is chronic. Maybe time off helps.

A wild guess. He never plays again.

Guerrier starts at SF next year. Newton is the backup.

I’ll put my crystal ball away.

If we’re not going to play him meaningful minutes it makes sense long term. He could be a great player in 2 years.

Braswell has a great shot

What else does he do well? You tell me.

He doesn’t handle the ball much, drive to the basket or battle for rebounds.

Is that because of his legs? Maybe.

But it raises concerns.

JB mentioned a while ago that Braswell had leg issues that kept bothering him. He said that it was effecting his practice and that they were trying to get more medical opinions on whether if it was more serious than originally thought. This was over a month ago. It sounded like a Sidibe type leg problem that was tough to pin down.

Had forgotten about this, but it did seem like he was moving funny tonight. He ran slowly, without a lot of lift.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SyraFreed

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom