Medical Redshirt for Braswell | Page 2 | Syracusefan.com

Medical Redshirt for Braswell

Had forgotten about this, but it did seem like he was moving funny tonight. He ran slowly, without a lot of lift.

Wasn’t aware he’s had this issue since high school. If he’s going to RS, it’ll be this week.

nice thought .but...we're going into conference. we need bodies. we need fouls. marek and sid will foul out in 10 minutes.
How many games has marek fouled out in the last 2 + years

This sounds like it might be compartment syndrome. My daughter had it. It is severe shin splints. Surgery is available. 12-18 month recovery. Happens to females more so usually.

Good insight. Hopefully not. That would pretty much end his career.

This sounds like it might be compartment syndrome. My daughter had it. It is severe shin splints. Surgery is available. 12-18 month recovery. Happens to females more so usually.

One of my friends just had surgery on both her legs for compartment syndrome. I didn't realize recovery was so long but she is also not a highly competitive athlete

Well, let's hope it isn't that same situation then, with that length of time for recovery.

But at minimum, I don't see a downside. He isn't going to play much this year if he can't run / jump, and he's behind some guys on the depth chart. Take the redshirt if it becomes available, heal up, and get an extra year to maybe improve his size / strength [i.e., the BJ Johnson year off].

This might be why he was available and teams stayed away from recruiting him. We got him in June or July after his senior year. He didn't have many bigtime offers although he had substantial credentials. This may be chronic and something that hopefully can be managed.

I had shin splints in high school playing football and it killed me had to ice them every night and even there on, havent had them while running at the gym very much.
But I can tell you they are painful.
this sounds worse, I don’t want to imagine the pain.

Braswell has a great shot

What else does he do well? You tell me.

He doesn’t handle the ball much, drive to the basket or battle for rebounds.

Is that because of his legs? Maybe.

But it raises concerns.
Couldn’t agree more. I’ve heard how athletic he supposedly is. I don’t see it. Hard to even know he’s on the court in the limited time he gets. He’s shown he can shoot but I see nothing else. It’s also possible he has a sleepy personality (like the guys who are just quiet out there, nothing wrong with it). It could be due to injury... wasn’t he like a track star in high school? I would expect to see more out there.

Like always, hope he gets healthy.

Glad that news is out now. He looked good in the early shoot around period when the forwards were working out. During the game, Bobby Braswell was getting some chants to get him the game tonight.

Couldn’t agree more. I’ve heard how athletic he supposedly is. I don’t see it. Hard to even know he’s on the court in the limited time he gets. He’s shown he can shoot but I see nothing else. It’s also possible he has a sleepy personality (like the guys who are just quiet out there, nothing wrong with it). It could be due to injury... wasn’t he like a track star in high school? I would expect to see more out there.

Like always, hope he gets healthy.

Thought he looked really athletic in limited time last year.

Is that because of his legs? Maybe.

But it raises concerns.

Oh I don’t know .. we hardly see enough of him to make any judgements .. I will say when he’s had to handle the ball , he’s done so acceptably .. it’s not like he dribbles it off his foot..

Oh I don’t know .. we hardly see enough of him to make any judgements .. I will say when he’s had to handle the ball , he’s done so acceptably .. it’s not like he dribbles it off his foot..

No, he hasn’t done that. But a small forward should be able to drive and score. We haven’t seen much, but he appears limited. Unfortunately, it looks as if he’ll RS and miss the rest of the season. If he needs surgery or this is a chronic issue, it could end his career.

Last edited:
Honestly if they knew this about Braswell it makes losing Andre jackson even worse and also not bringing in someone last year looks even dumber. I’m tired of the team knowing these situations and not acting on them as a precursor to what could happen down the road.

Honestly if they knew this about Braswell it makes losing Andre jackson even worse and also not bringing in someone last year looks even dumber. I’m tired of the team knowing these situations and not acting on them as a precursor to what could happen down the road.
They tried to get Andre. Also, Woody is 6’8” so he’s very similar to Braswell. They’re still going hard after Benny Williams

or throws it off of the back of Girard's head.... j/k

Shot of Braswell and Edwards on the bench looked like it was during a high school game. Could they have been comparing nltes on their leg problems?

Insert “(James) Southerland” for “(Robert) Braswell” in this comment, and does it change at all?

You tell me.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SyraFreed

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom