Medical Redshirt for Braswell | Page 4 | Syracusefan.com

Medical Redshirt for Braswell

Otis Hill and Rick Jackson; miss them too. It’s what this team has lacked. Toughness and rebounding. Hope to bring in a grad transfer in this mold next year
Otis was a late bloomer. At one point his future looked so bleak that he quit the team.

It’s for the best.

He’s getting minimal run as it is, and he’s clearly not the same player defensively that he was last year, so it’s obvious the pain is hampering him pretty significantly.

Heal up and come back stronger, Big Bad Bobby Braswell aka Earl!! :cool:

Hopefully he gets better, comes back stronger

For the best, but keep in mind no sure thing that he will return by next season. As someone posted, this issue sometimes requires surgery and it can be 12-18 months to rehab.

We seemingly always have a good three. If braswell doesnt come back, eli is gone imo, thats a sizeable hole in our lineup next year.

Otis was a late bloomer. At one point his future looked so bleak that he quit the team.

He started as a freshman though. He had a rough sophomore year both on and off the court I believe(father passed away if I recall).

Why would you say this??

The kid has a serious condition that hopefully will be rectified by next year. If it is, he is in position to get big minutes being first or second off the bench.
It wasn’t a negative comment. At some point something has got to give roster wise. I will leave it there.

What is wrong with some of our so called ‘fans’? Sad and weird.
Speaking for myself, I’m just frustrated and sick & tired of the “same-old same-old”. I’m fed up w/ short benches and interminable waits for players who’re perpetually “not ready” to contribute. I’m through w/ “Iron men” who play all 40 minutes of EVERY game, come hell or highwater.
My biggest pet peeve is the lack of player development over the course of a given season. Of 6-man rotations that eventually wear out in March. Of good first half play, see; Howard Washington vs ND, that’s rewarded by a 2nd half seat on the bench as the starters struggle to finish.
If I’m Braswell I’m considering what PT I’m likely to get moving forward, and once recovered, would seriously consider my future at SU vs other options. JMHO

Speaking for myself, I’m just frustrated and sick & tired of the “same-old same-old”. I’m fed up w/ short benches and interminable waits for players who’re perpetually “not ready” to contribute. I’m through w/ “Iron men” who play all 40 minutes of EVERY game, come hell or highwater.
My biggest pet peeve is the lack of player development over the course of a given season. Of 6-man rotations that eventually wear out in March. Of good first half play, see; Howard Washington vs ND, that’s rewarded by a 2nd half seat on the bench as the starters struggle to finish.
If I’m Braswell I’m considering what PT I’m likely to get moving forward, and once recovered, would seriously consider my future at SU vs other options. JMHO
If they are worried about playing time get better and they could be that 40 min player.

I feel like this thread is rather long since all it's saying is that his minutes will remain about where they normally are, but will be far more stable moving forward. :)

The most intriguing part about this, for me, is we were likely going to have 3 guys playing 40 minutes each night anyway. Add in an additional redshirt now and any chance of that not happening is gone. And now people can say a reason for these high minutes is because of the injury situations. Even though it would happen anyway.

I seriously cannot way for the game where Girard, Buddy, Marek, and Hughes all play 40 minutes. Sidibe gets 25 and Guerrier gets 15. It's going to be amazing.

The most intriguing part about this, for me, is we were likely going to have 3 guys playing 40 minutes each night anyway. Add in an additional redshirt now and any chance of that not happening is gone. And now people can say a reason for these high minutes is because of the injury situations. Even though it would happen anyway.

I seriously cannot way for the game where Girard, Buddy, Marek, and Hughes all play 40 minutes. Sidibe gets 25 and Guerrier gets 15. It's going to be amazing.
What is amazing is this will happen. What is even more amazing is we aren't very good and we are being forced to do this for no reason.

What is amazing is this will happen. What is even more amazing is we aren't very good and we are being forced to do this for no reason.
The only thing stopping it is Marek foul trouble.

Come on man, stay on the court!!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SyraFreed

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom