Melo going off in the Garden | Syracusefan.com

Melo going off in the Garden

What the heck happened to Portland? They are a mess right now

What the heck happened to Portland? They are a mess right now

They were playing well. Rodney Hood went down with a torn Achilles, and they’ve sucked ever since.

I hesitate to overstate the importance of Rodney Hood...but look at that bench! This is a 5 man team. Dame. CJ. Whiteside. Melo(who is 35 and in his 17th year). And Skal - who didn’t play tonight. They’ve nothing else.

They were playing well. Rodney Hood went down with a torn Achilles, and they’ve sucked ever since.

I hesitate to overstate the importance of Rodney Hood...but look at that bench! This is a 5 man team. Dame. CJ. Whiteside. Melo(who is 35 and in his 17th year). And Skal - who didn’t play tonight. They’ve nothing else.
You have to figure they’ll beat the Wizards on Friday, right? RIGHT???

There best players have to be great every night to win.

I only casually follow the NBA & know very little of Hood’s pro career so I’m just going to post this for “Likes”.

175D15AF-B58C-42EE-9BB4-5076300BE0CF.jpeg

I only casually follow the NBA & know very little of Hood’s pro career so I’m just going to post this for “Likes”.

View attachment 174782

Hood has been an average-slightly above average pro. He’s a steady bench guy or decent 5th starter on some teams. He’ll get you 12 ppg and shoot it pretty well from 3.

That game was so epic. I remember being so pumped up the whole day. Game was an event. And then it was such a war, that I would’ve been crushed if we lost. I miss that level of excitement and caring.

You have to figure they’ll beat the Wizards on Friday, right? RIGHT???

I think? Beal(and not that it matters but Wall too) were looking fried at the NewYears party, lol. Classic Wiz. A real organization would make these guys put shades on too.

I'm just glad to see Melo still playing. Lillard and McCollum are by far the worst defensive backcourt in the league. Not that we can say much about Melo's D either but when your starting guards likely couldn't stop Buddy Boeheim from driving the lane- you aren't winning many games.

I'm just glad to see Melo still playing. Lillard and McCollum are by far the worst defensive backcourt in the league. Not that we can say much about Melo's D either but when your starting guards likely couldn't stop Buddy Boeheim from driving the lane- you aren't winning many games.

Still think they’ll make the playoffs. Spurs, Suns, TWolves, Kings, Grizz...I just don’t see it. Portland is incredibly top heavy though right now, and yeah defensively there’s not much there. Not sure what’s wrong with Skal, but they need him.

Last I knew, Zach Collins and Nurkic were coming back sometime in the second half of the season. The Blazers badly need those guys and will be fine if they get them back IMO.

I think? Beal(and not that it matters but Wall too) were looking fried at the NewYears party, lol. Classic Wiz. A real organization would make these guys put shades on too.
remember When wall showed up to team usa like he hadn't shaved/gotten a haircut in months? Lmaooo

Edit: and he looks fried all the time

Still think they’ll make the playoffs. Spurs, Suns, TWolves, Kings, Grizz...I just don’t see it. Portland is incredibly top heavy though right now, and yeah defensively there’s not much there. Not sure what’s wrong with Skal, but they need him.

Last I knew, Zach Collins and Nurkic were coming back sometime in the second half of the season. The Blazers badly need those guys and will be fine if they get them back IMO.
Imagine if they sneak in as the 8th seed and knock off the Lakers...

Imagine if they sneak in as the 8th seed and knock off the Lakers...

lol, they won’t. Can’t say I have a concern in the world about that. Though Dame will probably average about 38 ppg against us.

Hood has been an average-slightly above average pro. He’s a steady bench guy or decent 5th starter on some teams. He’ll get you 12 ppg and shoot it pretty well from 3.

That game was so epic. I remember being so pumped up the whole day. Game was an event. And then it was such a war, that I would’ve been crushed if we lost. I miss that level of excitement and caring.

Being a Cleveland sports fan, I followed the NBA when Lebron was there. Since he bolted (Part Deaux) I rarely watch it anymore. I'm not arguing your assessment of him, however, when he was with the Cavs during LBJ's most recent stint there, he was for the most part, practically irrelevant if I recall correctly. I remember him generally never being a factor, or much of a contributor at all when he came in off the bench, and more times than not, he seemed to miss a lot of his shots, many open ones to boot. It's quite possible though, that he just didn't get enough run time in Cleveland to be relatively productive in any capacity.

Being a Cleveland sports fan, I followed the NBA when Lebron was there. Since he bolted (Part Deaux) I rarely watch it anymore. I'm not arguing your assessment of him, however, when he was with the Cavs during LBJ's most recent stint there, he was for the most part, practically irrelevant if I recall correctly. I remember him generally never being a factor, or much of a contributor at all when he came in off the bench, and more times than not, he seemed to miss a lot of his shots, many open ones to boot. It's quite possible though, that he just didn't get enough run time in Cleveland to be relatively productive in any capacity.
Hood had the fortune with the Jazz of playing way better than where you'd normally expect a guy to play for his draft slot. Before Donovan Mitchell blew up, there was a thought that Hood was developing into a 20 ppg scorer and was going to be the focal point of the Jazz offense after Hayward left in free agency.

Instead, Mitchell became the hot new thing, Hood was out in a lesser role, traded, and nothing really happened for him in Cleveland. Portland has been a much better landing place for him.

The bummer for him - he was so close to being that major guy for the Jazz right before he hit free agency. Dude's making nowhere near the money it looked like was possible for himself not long ago.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SyraFreed

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom