Melo is a free agent | Page 5 | Syracusefan.com

Melo is a free agent

Alan Hahn on ESPN Radio just called out World Wide Wes by name, saying that Melo's preference is to stay in NY but Wes is pushing him to Chicago.

IMO the best situaiton for team Melo is Chicago. They have defensive player of the year in Noah and when healthy, a dynamic force in Rose. Thibs is a great defensive coach, well respefcted by Melo among others. Chicago is a real team with a real front office supporting him. Melo wants to win now, as in starting next season. Game #1. No more projects. I'm looking forward to becoming a bulls fan.

Two problems with Chicago.

If Phil plays hardball, which I think he will, no sign and trade forces Chicago to gut their team to sign Melo outright.

Also, Melo saw firsthand what happened to Amare, he better be damn sure Rose isn't going to be the same issue.

The news changes everyday but apparently the Knicks are becoming increasingly confident in resigning Melo. They fixed the pg's situation with Calderon, brought in a bunch of young assets and rumor has it will most likely bring Pau Gasol aboard this summer. That's not a bad start for Melo to re-up with along with all that cap space next year.

Two problems with Chicago.

If Phil plays hardball, which I think he will, no sign and trade forces Chicago to gut their team to sign Melo outright.

Also, Melo saw firsthand what happened to Amare, he better be damn sure Rose isn't going to be the same issue.

The news changes everyday but apparently the Knicks are becoming increasingly confident in resigning Melo. They fixed the pg's situation with Calderon, brought in a bunch of young assets and rumor has it will most likely bring Pau Gasol aboard this summer. That's not a bad start for Melo to re-up with along with all that cap space next year.
Melo and the Knicks will make a run at the 4 or 5 seed in '15 and then a Championship run in '16.

this is working out perfectly.

stay hating and stay afraid my friends...

Oh Lord

Short of Melo taking a significant haircut on his extension the Knicks won't have room next year for more than 1 MAX FA. I highly doubt Gasol will take the MLE which would be the way for the Knicks to sign him. I think Gasol ends up in Memphis with his brother. The East will be Lebron's conference for the next 5 years.

Short of Melo taking a significant haircut on his extension the Knicks won't have room next year for more than 1 MAX FA. I highly doubt Gasol will take the MLE which would be the way for the Knicks to sign him. I think Gasol ends up in Memphis with his brother. The East will be Lebron's conference for the next 5 years.
I think Phil's plan is to bring Pau in this year with the hopes of bringing Marc to play alongside him next year.

Knicks seem to be trying to keep it in the family lately. JR and Chris last year before Chris got cut, Pau and hopefully Marc then (I doubt this happens) trying to trade for The Greek Freak to play alongside Thananis.

I think Phil's plan is to bring Pau in this year with the hopes of bringing Marc to play alongside him next year.

Knicks seem to be trying to keep it in the family lately. JR and Chris last year before Chris got cut, Pau and hopefully Marc then (I doubt this happens) trying to trade for The Greek Freak to play alongside Thananis.
What type of contract would you expect Pau to sign with NYK. They can have interest in him but unless the Lakers help with a sign and trade the only way they could sign would be with the MLE around 5 million a yr which won't get Gasol.
The Chandler trade hurt their 2015 cap because Chandler contract expired. Cleanthony and Greek freak's brother were worth the gamble but it hurt FA moves.
LaMarcus Aldridge is offered a 5 yr max deal from Portland, Kevin Love looks likely to end up in Golden State, thus Marc Gasol and Rajon Rondo are the only 2 elite FAs for 2015. The Knicks are better off tanking next yr then try to be an average team these moves aren't going to put them close to a Championship even with Melo. I think Melo will be a Bull or Rocket.

Lmao, yeah, because New York has anything even remotely close value wise to offer for Giannis. I doubt Milwaukee would even take Melo for him even if Melo were willing to sign long term in Milwaukee. It's nice to dream though.

Lmao, yeah, because New York has anything even remotely close value wise to offer for Giannis. I doubt Milwaukee would even take Melo for him even if Melo were willing to sign long term in Milwaukee. It's nice to dream though.
Haha, you mean Shump and Larkin wouldn't get it done?

Phil would need to go next level zen on Milwaukee to get Giannis. One can dream!

I don't think the Knicks would offer the full MLE to Gasol anyway, pretty sure that would hardcap them at the luxury tax.