Melo is a free agent | Page 3 | Syracusefan.com

Melo is a free agent

**** you Bargs and Amare!!

Melo and James to Cleveland? Is there anywhere else they could go together?
Lakers have space to offer both Lebron and Melo max offers. However, I wouldn't want to play for the Lakers because Jim Buss and his Judge Smails grandson entitlement.
Also, Kobe probably intimates Lebron, but not Melo. As a Celtics fan I don't want the Lakers getting Lebron/Melo because they deserve some lean years.

I think Orlando could actually do it.

Lebron/Melo/Afflalo/Oladipo/Harris/Harkless/Vucevic/Pick #4/Pick #12 would go ham in the East.

Ham I say.

Lakers have space to offer both Lebron and Melo max offers. However, I wouldn't want to play for the Lakers because Jim Buss and his Judge Smails grandson entitlement.
Also, Kobe probably intimates Lebron, but not Melo. As a Celtics fan I don't want the Lakers getting Lebron/Melo because they deserve some lean years.

Could they m ax out both? They'd have to move Nash, right? Kobe is on like $24 million I think.

I don't see Melo and Lebron playing together

My odds for Melo and Lebron
Melo
-100 New York Knicks
+110 Chicago
+300 Miami
+500 LA Lakers
+500 Houston
+700 the rest

Lebron
-300 Miami
+150 Cleveland
+300 Houston
+500 LA Clippers
+500 LA Lakers
+500 Chicago
+1000 San Antonio
+1500 the rest

Could they m ax out both? They'd have to move Nash, right? Kobe is on like $24 million I think.

I don't see Melo and Lebron playing together
I heard the Lakers may move the 7th pick and Nash to Philly for either MCW if they take Exum at 3 or the 10th pick for a smaller salary on the books.

Alsacs said:
I heard the Lakers may move the 7th pick and Nash to Philly for either MCW if they take Exum at 3 or the 10th pick for a smaller salary on the books.

How would that trade make any sense for Philly? I've seen plausible trades involving MCW but this one seems outrageous, Nash does nothing for Philly this year while costing a lot of money so I think it's fair to say he'd be a liability, the 7th pick, that's nice and all but even if you're trying to sell high, you're trading the ROY for another unproven and hope it pans out. I think Hinke is a very smart gm, I'm sure he's laughing at people thinking he's dumb enough to even consider this trade.

sign and trade.

Lebron signs with the Heat and gets traded for STAT.

Pat Riley faxes over the paperwork then leaves miami and retires in Malibu.

How would that trade make any sense for Philly? I've seen plausible trades involving MCW but this one seems outrageous, Nash does nothing for Philly this year while costing a lot of money so I think it's fair to say he'd be a liability, the 7th pick, that's nice and all but even if you're trying to sell high, you're trading the ROY for another unproven and hope it pans out. I think Hinke is a very smart gm, I'm sure he's laughing at people thinking he's dumb enough to even consider this trade.
Philly is below the minimum salary cap floor and adding Nash who won't play helps the achieve the minimum salary cap. Philly obviously would be taking Exum to replace MCW at 3 and they could get Randle/Gordon at 7 and still have the 10th pick if they traded MCW.

sign and trade.

Lebron signs with the Heat and gets traded for STAT.

Pat Riley faxes over the paperwork then leaves miami and retires in Malibu.
Shaking my head at Kaiser if newbie posted this it would be like red meat for a Rottweiler for you.

Shaking my head at Kaiser if newbie posted this it would be like red meat for a Rottweiler for you.
nah. 3rd word in the 3rd line is the give-a-way.

make that sends and its a whole new ball game...

but thats my pipe dream for sure.

When Melo starts putting up true shooting %'s north of 60%, he can get compared to Durant.

Lebron is a better player than Durant, but I think therer was a pretty decent argument Durant had a better season this year.
A slightly better regular season.

A slightly better regular season.

Right, I'm not saying it was a landslide. And if i needed to win a game tomorrow I'd take Lebron 10 times out of 10. (though you know what, in looking at the numbers, maybe Lerbon made it closer than i thought. The minutes thing is in KD's favor though)

Lebron wants to be pampered and Kobe is old school. We already know Melo is good friends with both guys. Lebron and Kobe have never been close.
Kobe has no friends. He's a lousy teammate. He's helped decimate that roster by taking twice or more what he's worth (can't blame him if Buss is such an idiot that he'd give it to him). Kobe would feel threatened by LBJ, his "good friend" Carmelo, not so much. BTW, LeBron's most likely destination is right where he is. If he goes to LA, it's to play with his "good friend" CP3, not Kobe, Nash and Sacre. http://espn.go.com/blog/los-angeles...8/nick-young-opts-out-of-contract-with-lakers

Kobe has no friends. He's a lousy teammate. He's helped decimate that roster by taking twice or more what he's worth (can't blame him if Buss is such an idiot that he'd give it to him). Kobe would feel threatened by LBJ, his "good friend" Carmelo, not so much. BTW, LeBron's most likely destination is right where he is. If he goes to LA, it's to play with his "good friend" CP3, not Kobe, Nash and Sacre. http://espn.go.com/blog/los-angeles...8/nick-young-opts-out-of-contract-with-lakers

Lebron's not going anywhere. He's concerned about one thing, building upon his legacy by winning more titles. He knows his best chance to win is with a retooled roster in Miami, and the big 3 opting out and signing new deals gives Pat Riley a lot of options.

Carmelo should definitely go to the Bulls if winning's his top priority. It's a perfect fit even if D-Rose never plays another minute or isn't the same player when he does. People don't realize how good Noah is. The dude was 4th in MVP voting this year for a reason.

Lebron's not going anywhere. He's concerned about one thing, building upon his legacy by winning more titles. He knows his best chance to win is with a retooled roster in Miami, and the big 3 opting out and signing new deals gives Pat Riley a lot of options.
I question that a retooled Miami roster is his best chance to win. They have zero flexibility, and I doubt Wade's giving them that.

I question that a retooled Miami roster is his best chance to win. They have zero flexibility, and I doubt Wade's giving them that.
Even if Wade does, dude is shot. Only way they will compete for a title moving forward with that core is if they make enough room for a Kyle Lowry. The new Big 3 would then be Lebron-Bosh-Lowry with Wade playing when he can and whatever role players fill out the roster.

longislandcuse said:
Even if Wade does, dude is shot. Only way they will compete for a title moving forward with that core is if they make enough room for a Kyle Lowry. The new Big 3 would then be Lebron-Bosh-Lowry with Wade playing when he can and whatever role players fill out the roster.

Would be a travesty to call the the New Big 3.

More like big 2 and a half.

Lowry would be good; but they might need a big guy more than a PG. Not totally sure though.

The Rockets are a sleeper. Philly, Charlotte teams under the cap could take Asik and Lin, not extend Chandler Parisons then the Rockets could sign one premium FA like Melo and then Houston could trade James Harden in a sign and trade for Lebron James and that could fit under the cap.

I don't think it will happen, but Houston is the sleeper because of Dwight Howard, Texas no income taxes, and Houston ownership.

The Rockets are a sleeper. Philly, Charlotte teams under the cap could take Asik and Lin, not extend Chandler Parisons then the Rockets could sign one premium FA like Melo and then Houston could trade James Harden in a sign and trade for Lebron James and that could fit under the cap.

I don't think it will happen, but Houston is the sleeper because of Dwight Howard, Texas no income taxes, and Houston ownership.
I dont think Houston is a Lebron or Melo type city. Just cant see either of them there.

The Big 3 days are gone. It's the Big 1 and friends.

BTW, no breaking news, but Michael Beasley is an idiot. Great opportunity for a former No. 2 overall pick to redeem himself, salvage his career, playing with LBJ, et al. Instead, again, big bust. He's going, going, gone. I read LeBron was livid over Beasley's work ethic, or lack thereof. As my Uncle Fishy would say, "Schmuck!"