Melo is a free agent | Page 4 | Syracusefan.com

Melo is a free agent

BTW, that MCW to the Lakers for #7 and Nash looks real legit if the Sixers take Exum at 3.
http://www.nj.com/sixers/index.ssf/2014/06/2014_nba_draft_rumors_sixers_lakers_talking_michael_carter-williams_trade_according_to_report.html.

The Lakers have been very active in looking for veteran for their pick. Players like Klay Thompson, Michael Carter-Williams and Thaddeus Young are all interesting to them. This is a team that wants to win now. Randle or Smart could help, but a veteran will even be more ready.

No chance Klay Thompson would go for just the 7th pick if Boston offering 6th and Sullinger isn't enough for Love. David Lee and the 7th pick wouldn't be enough.

I could see Philly ending up with Exum, Randle, Harris tomorrow and trading MCW to the City of Angels.

Wow, looks like there could be legs to a new Big 3 in Houston. Possible Harden to NY, Melo to Houston while the Rockets trade Lin/Asik to create cap room for Lebron. Reported by Chris Broussard.
Lebron-Melo-Howard
*It is Chris Broussard saying this so, take it with a grain of salt

Read an article that made sense to me regarding Melo and/or Lebron to Houston. Lebron would not work because he needs the paint and that's where Howard lives. Yes, Lebron can shoot threes, but that's not what you pay him for.
Melo would work because his game would compliment Howards.
Both together wouldn't work.

Wow, looks like there could be legs to a new Big 3 in Houston. Possible Harden to NY, Melo to Houston while the Rockets trade Lin/Asik to create cap room for Lebron. Reported by Chris Broussard.
Lebron-Melo-Howard
*It is Chris Broussard saying this so, take it with a grain of salt
My guess - he was looking over Simmons' shoulder at his laptop, didn't understand that the screen was showing the Trade Machine, and reported what he saw.

The Rockets are a sleeper. Philly, Charlotte teams under the cap could take Asik and Lin, not extend Chandler Parisons then the Rockets could sign one premium FA like Melo and then Houston could trade James Harden in a sign and trade for Lebron James and that could fit under the cap.

I don't think it will happen, but Houston is the sleeper because of Dwight Howard, Texas no income taxes, and Houston ownership.

I can't see melo and lala deciding to make houston, tx their home.

Whoa! and the Knicks got Ellington and pick 34 and 51. Phil Jackson on that zen voodoo flow.
It shook things up. I don't know how much better this really made either team.

It shook things up. I don't know how much better this really made either team.
I think theres more to this as well. We now have 4 shooting guards.

My hope is they use these newly acquired assets to move Amare and Bargs.

If it is the only move it still makes NY much better. Calderon and Larkin blows away the Knicks previous garbage pg tandem. Chandler, i like, but dude is always injured or sick when we need him. Ellington gives us an athletic shooter and Dalembert is a poor mans TC. If Melo stays, we now have shooters all over the place compared to last year where noone could shoot.

I can't see Melo and Lala deciding to make Houston, TX their home.
I don't disagree but at this point in his career, I'd think Lala would understand that Melo only has a few years left in his prime. And be willing to sacrifice spending some time in a city that may not be her ideal choice. And she may be very willing to do so - we'll see. Houston is the 4th biggest city in the US - so it's not like they would be moving to a small market. They can live anywhere she wants the rest of their lives in 5 years. I have no doubt that they probably both wish NY was the best choice - we'll see about that as well.

I think theres more to this as well. We now have 4 shooting guards.

My hope is they use these newly acquired assets to move Amare and Bargs.

If it is the only move it still makes NY much better. Calderon and Larkin blows away the Knicks previous garbage pg tandem. Chandler, i like, but dude is always injured or sick when we need him. Ellington gives us an athletic shooter and Dalembert is a poor mans TC. If Melo stays, we now have shooters all over the place compared to last year where noone could shoot.

I can't see any of those assets allowing you to move Amare or Bargs. Those guys are basically toxic. Then again, you got the zen man, so anything is possible.

I've pretty much already written Melo off as leaving, maybe I'm just being too negative though. I am excited for an Amare/Bargs front court.

All Phil did was rob Peter to pay Paul. They got rid of Chandler's expiring contract next year for 2 2nd round picks and garbage. They lost 5 million in cap space next year. I guess its not a bad trade, but I think Dallas got the better value.

All Phil did was rob Peter to pay Paul. They got rid of Chandler's expiring contract next year for 2 2nd round picks and garbage. They lost 5 million in cap space next year. I guess its not a bad trade, but I think Dallas got the better value.

Supposedly, Phil is going to try and trade Larkin and the 2s for a 1st rounder, and he supposedly is working to flip Dalembert elsewhere as well.

I can't see any of those assets allowing you to move Amare or Bargs. Those guys are basically toxic. Then again, you got the zen man, so anything is possible.

I've pretty much already written Melo off as leaving, maybe I'm just being too negative though. I am excited for an Amare/Bargs front court.
With Calderon at PG and Amare/Bargs frontcourt, we're going to give up 150 points per game lol. I don't think Phil is done wheeling and dealing. I think these moves were made with other moves in mind. Nothing to base that on, just my opinion, or I should say "my hope".

Depends what Tyson shows up in Dallas. For NY, this past year, he sucked. I like him as a person and when he wants to be good, he's really good but he was always injured, sick or didnt care last year. I do expect him to play better in Dallas even though he's not the same player he was when they last had him.

Felton is the worst point guard ever.

I definitely expect there to be more moves made, I just don't see what kind of assets they have to attach to Amare especially to move him.

I definitely expect there to be more moves made, I just don't see what kind of assets they have to attach to Amare especially to move him.
Yeah, under the new CBA I don't think you're going to see teams be so eager to pick up a guy on the last year of a bad contract . There's just going to be more churn year to year in general. Organizations won't have to find ways to manufacture that.

Yeah, under the new CBA I don't think you're going to see teams be so eager to pick up a guy on the last year of a bad contract . There's just going to be more churn year to year in general. Organizations won't have to find ways to manufacture that.

The new CBA shortened contracts, so it's less likely there are gonna be teams with massive longer term deals they would want to dump for a year of Amare or something like that.

Also, Amare is making $23 million this year; that's a huge amount of cap space to ask a team to soak up. Theoretically, if the Knicks hadn't traded all of their first rounders, they might be able to attach a first rounder to Bargnani and send him to Philly or Orlando; he's only making $12 million next year.

The only thing I can think is Orlando wants to open up more cap space to take someone on a bigger deal in.
I just can't believe that there wasn't a team willing to offer a little more. It's not like the Magic have cap problems. I don't think they even have a player now that isn't on a rookie deal.

I just can't believe that there wasn't a team willing to offer a little more. It's not like the Magic have cap problems. I don't think they even have a player now that isn't on a rookie deal.

Yeah, I don't really have a good answer. Denver had a trade exception, so they could take him in and not send much back, salary wise.

Hoopshype has them with Harrington and Big Baby making about $14 million next year. Guess they are around $28-30 million or so, this cleared like $5 million for them. Not sure what the plan is

Orlando wants Kyle Lowry they want cap space to get him. Let Oladipo play SG and draft Jabari, Vonleh, Gordon, or Embiid.