Melo NBA Western Player of the Week | Syracusefan.com

Melo NBA Western Player of the Week

Next up for the Clippers is a home game against Portland on Tuesday, when George will face former Oklahoma City Thunder teammate Carmelo Anthony.

"I mean, it's great," George said of Anthony, who is averaging 17.7 points and 6.0 rebounds in six games since joining the Blazers after not playing since November 2018. "I just hate how [his] first game, Melo came back, the whole media was [focused on] his plus-minus was this and him being on the floor, Portland generated this, and now he's playing well and the media is [pointing out how] three games straight where he did this.

"I just hate the narratives that's created by him being back," George added about critics focused on Anthony's style of play. "Melo has been a great player, he's going to be a great player, he's playing terrific from start to finish, and shoutout to Portland for opening that door back up for Melo and prolonging his career."

Leonard said he is happy to see Anthony back and that it was unfair the former All-Star forward was unsigned for so long.

"He is able to get an opportunity and get a chance to go out there and pretty much be himself," Leonard said. "I'm just happy for him that he was able to get back in the NBA. It is well deserved. I don't think he was treated the right way, how they left him out there being a future Hall of Famer.

"As you can see, he's still running up and down the floor, so he's still got a lot of basketball left in him. It's going to be a fun matchup for us."

With the current performance of my teams (SU and Knicks) being such a downer, following Melo's successful return to the NBA is a very welcome positive development!
It's a good fit for him. Guard oriented team veteran group city that is pretty relaxed.

Perhaps I don’t understand the nuances of this award but how did this performance beat out doncic and harden ?

Perhaps I don’t understand the nuances of this award but how did this performance beat out doncic and harden ?
luka won it the week before, his 3 games in this time period included his stinker vs the clippers
but it is hard to justify melo over harden

Did the other teams go undefeated? Maybe that was the difference maker. This is also selected by the NBA office, so they may think it's best to give to a fresh story?

Did the other teams go undefeated? Maybe that was the difference maker. This is also selected by the NBA office, so they may think it's best to give to a fresh story?
that is the likely answer

It's a good fit for him. Guard oriented team veteran group city that is pretty relaxed.
They could add another player as well - I wouldn't be surprised to see Kevin Love here. Aaron Gordon could play the 4 as well.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CarlsbergMD

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom