Melo vs Laettner | Syracusefan.com

Melo vs Laettner

How many NBA players is irrelevant, as GMac, Pace, Edelin, and McNeil all saved SU’s season at different points in that tournament alone…and Warrick was a stud.

That’s why you had to actually be there. These Gen Z’ers will not rewrite sports history on my watch.

Also, Carmelo was obviously a better basketball player than Laettner and obviously did way more in their respective 1st seasons. Impossible to compare a 4 year career vs a one year career.

Yes I took this too seriously but I can’t let people who don’t know what they’re talking about, talk about the Cuse without a response.

How many NBA players is irrelevant, as GMac, Pace, Edelin, and McNeil all saved SU’s season at different points in that tournament alone…and Warrick was a stud.

That’s why you had to actually be there. These Gen Z’ers will not rewrite sports history on my watch.

Also, Carmelo was obviously a better basketball player than Laettner and obviously did way more in their respective 1st seasons. Impossible to compare a 4 year career vs a one year career.

Yes I took this too seriously but I can’t let people who don’t know what they’re talking about, talk about the Cuse without a response.
the judge did admit he gave the judgement to laettner because he "needed it more"

the judge did admit he gave the judgement to laettner because he "needed it more"
I didn’t watch that far. Soon as dumbass said Hakim Warrick sounded like a made up person, and other dumbass said Carmelo was selfish and then that he had nobody to pass to, I was out.

I know they were doing that stupid “I’m joking, but kinda serious but I’m trying to be funny but I’m still actually serious…maybe….and all my knowledge comes from what other people on Twitter say” thing that they do, but these Gen z idiots literally don’t even watch basketball games.

I’d never drink a beer or watch a game with any of them.

I didn’t watch that far. Soon as dumbass said Hakim Warrick sounded like a made up person, and other dumbass said Carmelo was selfish and then that he had nobody to pass to, I was out.

I know they were doing that stupid “I’m joking, but kinda serious but I’m trying to be funny but I’m still actually serious…maybe….and all my knowledge comes from what other people on Twitter say” thing that they do, but these Gen z idiots literally don’t even watch basketball games.

I’d never drink a beer or watch a game with any of them.
ok, you probably take this too seriously for me to even engage you on. but the judge also said that if the Duke lawyer was claiming carmelo was selfish, then what SU player should he have passed to more. to which there was no answer.

ok, you probably take this too seriously for me to even engage you on. but the judge also said that if the Duke lawyer was claiming carmelo was selfish, then what SU player should he have passed to more. to which there was no answer.
He did feed GMac on most of his 6 first half threes in the championship game.

I don't think they did a lot of research before making that video.
All Melo love aside, Laettner was a GREAT college player. I go for longevity too, and would have Laettner with Lew Alcindor, Bill Walton, Elvin Hayes, "Pistol" Pete (I know those two never won, but the numbers) David Thompson, and with great personal bias, our own DC (all time rebounds) and Sherm (all time assists).

Lots of others rush to mind: Bing, Cazzie Russell, Ewing, Mullin, Chris Jackson (man could he score) Shaq, Olajuwon, Drexler, Jordan, Worthy, Sampson, Duncan, Bobby Hurley, Grant Hill, on and on and on.

All Melo love aside, Laettner was a GREAT college player. I go for longevity too, and would have Laettner with Lew Alcindor, Bill Walton, Elvin Hayes, "Pistol" Pete (I know those two never won, but the numbers) David Thompson, and with great personal bias, our own DC (all time rebounds) and Sherm (all time assists).

Lots of others rush to mind: Bing, Cazzie Russell, Ewing, Mullin, Chris Jackson (man could he score) Shaq, Olajuwon, Drexler, Jordan, Worthy, Sampson, Duncan, Bobby Hurley, Grant Hill, on and on and on.

Played in 22 NCAA games and won 20 of them, and clearly not as a spectator.

Played in 22 NCAA games and won 20 of them, and clearly not as a spectator.
I thought it was 21 out of 23. But that's not 100%, who won 100% of his tournament games, I wonder lol.

Carmelo had 7 assists in the national title game….

How did they get to Melo vs Laettner? They blew off Magic Johnson, MJ, and Lew Alcindor?
His own teammate Grant Hill was better than Laettner.

Senior year Hill dragged scrubs like Chris Collins and Jeff Capel(guys who led Duke to a 13-18 season the next year) to the national title game.

It took Laettner three years to accomplish what Melo did in one. Case closed.

It took Laettner three years to accomplish what Melo did in one. Case closed.
SU vs that UNLV team would have been interesting. Stacey Augmon on Melo. Hak and LJ. Amoeba vs JB's 2-3.

SU vs that UNLV team would have been interesting. Stacey Augmon on Melo. Hak and LJ. Amoeba vs JB's 2-3.
It won’t be popular, but UNLV by 10. Too many similarities to UConn who gave us all kinds of problems that year….and UConn didn’t have anyone as good as LJ.

Greg Anthony might’ve been one of the few guys who could’ve given GMac problems.

It won’t be popular, but UNLV by 10. Too many similarities to UConn who gave us all kinds of problems that year….and UConn didn’t have anyone as good as LJ.

Greg Anthony might’ve been one of the few guys who could’ve given GMac problems.
The Gerald Daddy O padio teams were more fun

Somewhat funny. ESP the part about hakim

Cute idea, if not quite disrespectful to the rest of our '03 team.

Ultimately, if this is part of a tournament style series, the winner better be Bill Walton, Bill Russell, or Lew Alcindor.

Funny stuff, but the question of who the best NCAA tournament player ever starts and stops with Alcindor.

Funny stuff, but the question of who the best NCAA tournament player ever starts and stops with Alcindor.
IDK. Walton, with his 21/22 against a really good Memphis front line.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jc824

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom