Melo | Page 14 | Syracusefan.com

Melo

Status
Not open for further replies.
well a quick resolution would have could have been bad thing-- at this point its obviously in his hands
When Boeheim said "he has to clear some hurdles" it seemed like it was in Fab's hands, now it really seems that way unless im completely missing something. I thought a quick decision would be a denial of the appeal which would sideline him for the year...at least that didnt happen?

Odds of him returning this season. This will drag into next week, perhaps beyond. The hope for a quick resolution to this had ended.
3 possibilities
1. its in fabs hands and he has work to do
2. he hired an attorney to fight for him
3. no decision has been made on appeal
cant think of anything else

3 possibilities
1. its in fabs hands and he has work to do
2. he hired an attorney to fight for him
3. no decision has been made on appeal
cant think of anything else
Maybe he's challenged the members of the appeals board to a Running Man style showdown, and the result is pending his completion of said challenge (live streamed on TNIAAM, of course).

At least, that's what I'm hoping is happening.

Maybe he's challenged the members of the appeals board to a Running Man style showdown, and the result is pending his completion of said challenge (live streamed on TNIAAM, of course).

At least, that's what I'm hoping is happening.

He'll never get past this guy:

500px-TRM16.jpg

then if its not in his hands - im having hard time understanding this

"He is being optimistic, which is great."
I started being able to grasp the idea that he has some work to do to become eligible...and now im lost again.

I started being able to grasp the idea that he has some work to do to become eligible...and now im lost again.

This whole thing is stupid and the cryptic BS from the "insiders" is flat out worthless. I rather hear nothing from them than what we are getting.

Also, since we will be dealing with this stuff for God only knows when can we just move all this worthless speculation to the scandal board?

Sent from my SPH-D710 using Tapatalk

This whole thing is stupid and the cryptic BS from the "insiders" is flat out worthless. I rather hear nothing from them than what we are getting.

Also, since we will be dealing with this stuff for God only knows when can we just move all this worthless speculation to the scandal board?

Bees how is that premium board coming???? I cant read to many more posts like this.

Bees how is that premium board coming???? I cant read to many more posts like this.

Sorry to piss in your Cheerios but seriously I think we are all sick of the numerous idle speculation on this board that is partially being fed by multiple "insiders" cryptic posts. I usually greatly appreciate all the information we get from the "insiders" back to the old AOL and even Prodigy boards but in this particular case it is not helping. With no end in sight this board has become unreadable and it is only going to get worse until it is over.

I have absolutely no inside info. But if he was appealing a low grade that brought him below the required GPA, it would go through a number of steps: professor, department chair, dean and then, finally, a grade appeal hearing. Maybe they were hoping to get it resolved quickly at one of those earlier steps and it didn't happen, so now it's going to a formal hearing. If so, that's certainly a not a good sign since it would mean he's already been turned down at several levels.

Again, no inside info - just guessing based on what I've read.

Odds of him returning this season. This will drag into next week, perhaps beyond. The hope for a quick resolution to this had ended.

Thanks, Jake. I was afraid you were gonna say that.....

Sorry to piss in your Cheerios but seriously I think we are all sick of the numerous idle speculation on this board that is partially being fed by multiple "insiders" cryptic posts. I usually greatly appreciate all the information we get from the "insiders" back to the old AOL and even Prodigy boards but in this particular case it is not helping. With no end in sight this board has become unreadable and it is only going to get worse until it is over.

BYE!

I have absolutely no inside info. But if he was appealing a low grade that brought him below the required GPA, it would go through a number of steps: professor, department chair, dean and then, finally, a grade appeal hearing. Maybe they were hoping to get it resolved quickly at one of those earlier steps and it didn't happen, so now it's going to a formal hearing. If so, that's certainly a not a good sign since it would mean he's already been turned down at several levels.

Again, no inside info - just guessing based on what I've read.

All do respect to sophomore Johnny from Long Island whos appealing a D in chemistry. But here at Syracuse University we take our basketball seriously. Fab Melo goes to the front of the line

All do respect to sophomore Johnny from Long Island whos appealing a D in chemistry. But here at Syracuse University we take our basketball seriously. Fab Melo goes to the front of the line
Whoa whoaaa lol

You people do realize that there are federal hipaa privacy laws in place in this country? I suggest if you are not familiar with these laws you google this and see how serious it is to be caught breaking these laws.

Regardless of who says what anything,,,especially on a public forum can certainly be used in a lawsuit when you are dealing with certain situations and the type of information involved.

You piss and moan that people are not giving enough information. There is a reason. A premium board doesn't shield one from this either.

Just settle down and wait for it to play out. It isn't like we are waiting to hear back from the doctor to see if one of our kids...parents whatever have terminal cancer. I too want this resolved and realize how important to this team fab is but for gods sake some of you are really being whiny bitches.

BYE!

Whatever, troll. You are just getting your jollies out of this monstrosity of a thread you created with your our BS source. The sad fact is you are not even one of the real "insiders" but a just another wannabe.

You people do realize that there are federal hipaa privacy laws in place in this country? I suggest if you are not familiar with these laws you google this and see how serious it is to be caught breaking these laws.

Regardless of who says what anything,,,especially on a public forum can certainly be used in a lawsuit when you are dealing with certain situations and the type of information involved.

You piss and moan that people are not giving enough information. There is a reason. A premium board doesn't shield one from this either.

Just settle down and wait for it to play out. It isn't like we are waiting to hear back from the doctor to see if one of our kids...parents whatever have terminal cancer. I too want this resolved and realize how important to this team fab is but for gods sake some of you are really being whiny bitches.
Funny story about FERPA laws:

I had a horrendous professor for Calc I. Not only was he a horrible teacher of mathematics (couldn't explain a thing he was doing), he also ran his class like a prison. He would mark you late if you were literally 1 second late to the class (which meant you got 1/2 credit for that day's attendance).

He was always quoting "FERPA" as a reason not to give out blind distributions of grades after tests. His tests were horrendous, so we just wanted to know where we stood amongst the class. He never curved, hard grader, etc.

He kept all of his attendance on an Excel spreadsheet and he put it up on the overhead projector at the front of the class. He'd check you off as he mispronounced your name, starting right as the clock ticked off for class to begin. He'd spend a good 5 minutes taking attendance because his pronunciation of your name was likely to be wrong and he went very slow.

Anyway, one day this idiot of a professor fires up his laptop attached to the overhead and he's got a girl's grades plastered all over the front. It was there for a good 5 minutes before somebody alerted him. The whole semester he was always harping on FERPA and how he protects everyone's grades to the fullest extent...until he is sloppy enough to leave a poor girl's "F" plastered all over the front of the room. Lucky for him, the girl wasn't there that day, otherwise WWIII would have erupted (she was an angry black female that had gotten into disputes with the professor before).

I think you meant FERPA (in this instance), but otherwise spot on

I am cool with that and in light of that nothing should be posted until the facts are out there. I understand the trolls are still going to have their way but for the connected ones of the board to feed into this is not helping matters. That is all I am saying.

I have nothing to add but how is that different than most of the other people in this thread. I just didn't want to be left out of this mega thread.:noidea: I agree we let it play itself out and we will someday get parts of the story. However that will not stop me from checking the site every 5 minutes for an update.

Views of this threat soon to surpass attendance at UCONN game this year.

Funny story about FERPA laws:

I had a horrendous professor for Calc I. Not only was he a horrible teacher of mathematics (couldn't explain a thing he was doing), he also ran his class like a prison. He would mark you late if you were literally 1 second late to the class (which meant you got 1/2 credit for that day's attendance).

He was always quoting "FERPA" as a reason not to give out blind distributions of grades after tests. His tests were horrendous, so we just wanted to know where we stood amongst the class. He never curved, hard grader, etc.

He kept all of his attendance on an Excel spreadsheet and he put it up on the overhead projector at the front of the class. He'd check you off as he mispronounced your name, starting right as the clock ticked off for class to begin. He'd spend a good 5 minutes taking attendance because his pronunciation of your name was likely to be wrong and he went very slow.

Anyway, one day this idiot of a professor fires up his laptop attached to the overhead and he's got a girl's grades plastered all over the front. It was there for a good 5 minutes before somebody alerted him. The whole semester he was always harping on FERPA and how he protects everyone's grades to the fullest extent...until he is sloppy enough to leave a poor girl's "F" plastered all over the front of the room. Lucky for him, the girl wasn't there that day, otherwise WWIII would have erupted (she was an angry black female that had gotten into disputes with the professor before).

Cool story. The class should have told the girl what had happened.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DizzyNY

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom