Melo | Page 12 | Syracusefan.com

Melo

Status
Not open for further replies.
Well then, he is intimating that Jake's sources are BS. Either way, he couldn't be more wrong.

For years now myself and a buddy who occasionally lurks on this board and the predecessors have joked with each other when discussing Cuse bball by saying 'what is rrlbees saying?' In fact we were talking Melo today and he said to me, 'cmon, tell me the truth after all these years, you are rrlbees.'

I'm sorry to inform you, you will be replaced by Jake in that joke between us going forward.

Teetering?

I'd say it is in full freefall.

I'm imagining it as the bus from the Simpsons, with Otto (how appropriate) at the helm in a weed-induced stupor

For years now myself and a buddy who occasionally lurks on this board and the predecessors have joked with each other when discussing Cuse bball by saying 'what is rrlbees saying?' In fact we were talking Melo today and he said to me, 'cmon, tell me the truth after all these years, you are rrlbees.'

I'm sorry to inform you, you will be replaced by Jake in that joke between us going forward.

Not sure what that all means but, OK.

I wonder if other teams fans get as much amusement out of this board as I do. Seriously, ive looked at other boards from time to time, this board blows them away in terms of activity and craziness. Some of the stuff in these threads is pure comedic gold. I remember the Fine nonsense had some legendary threads as well.
Losing Fab Melo is the equivalent to losing Anthony Davis or Tyler Zeller. I'm sure if those schools were going through this, it'd be madness there too.

Losing Fab Melo is the equivalent to losing Anthony Davis or Tyler Zeller. I'm sure if those schools were going through this, it'd be madness there too.
I meant it as a good thing, sorry if it didnt come out that way lol. Believe me, im hanging out with a girl the other night, things start getting sexy and in the middle I wonder if theres any Fab Melo news...What is wrong with me!?

Not sure what that all means but, OK.

Nothing personal at all. Good natured joke about who knew more about SU sports and you clearly know a lot so were the benchmark.

This board and this post are microcosms of life and history.

Aristocrats vs Plebs
Nobles vs Peasants
Bourgeoisie vs Proletariat
Oligarchs vs working class
1% vs the 99%
Premium board member vs free member
Connected vs unconnected in SU sports

Like all members on the right side of this ledger, there is some desire to be on the left side, but most of us will never get there. Bleeding orange and being in the 99% so speak on inside SU sports info aren't mutually exclusive, but it can be implied here sometimes.

Nothing personal at all. Good natured joke about who knew more about SU sports and you clearly know a lot so were the benchmark.

Aristocrats vs Plebs
Nobles vs Peasants
1% vs the 99%

Like all members on the right side of this ledger, there is some desire to be on the left side, but most of us will never get there. Bleeding orange and being in the 99% so speak on inside SU sports info aren't mutually exclusive, but it can be implied here sometimes.
I've had too many wild turkey's to understand this doozy.

I've had too many wild turkey's to understand this doozy.

I had too many Jim Beams when I wrote it. All of this clinging to and analysis of every comment and probabilities that the insiders throw out is just comical to me.

Well, through the course of today (due probably to Jake's % adjustment) I think I have resigned to Fab being gone - and the team being OK. By "OK" I don't mean the same consensus team to beat as with Fab, but still a very formidable team to contend with in the tourney. I think we can still stockpile enough wins in the BE to hold down a #1 seed, #2 seed at worst. In the meantime, Rak will grow some in his new role and be solid enough.
After watching the Cincy game I honestly think we'll be fine on the offensive end (assuming DW comes back around) while not being quite as formidable on the defensive end as we were with Fab.
With the right seeding, a focused collective attitude and maybe a little luck, SU will still have a great shot at playing the final weekend.

Well, through the course of today (due probably to Jake's % adjustment) I think I have resigned to Fab being gone - and the team being OK. By "OK" I don't mean the same consensus team to beat as with Fab, but still a very formidable team to contend with in the tourney. I think we can still stockpile enough wins in the BE to hold down a #1 seed, #2 seed at worst. In the meantime, Rak will grow some in his new role and be solid enough.
After watching the Cincy game I honestly think we'll be fine on the offensive end (assuming DW comes back around) while not being quite as formidable on the defensive end as we were with Fab.
With the right seeding, a focused collective attitude and maybe a little luck, SU will still have a great shot at playing the final weekend.
Stay positive buddy, he will be back this year.

Watching UK tonight I realized how wide open college basketball is. They are kind of like us on offense, very stagnant at times especially when the jump shots arent falling. They will destroy you in transition if you let them and they play dominating defense...sounds an awful lot like us. With Fab we beat them, without Fab...well Rak is gonna have to get better, and fast but Cinci was a good start.

If we lose Fab I will honestly be in shock even though im trying to prepare myself for it. How the %$# does this happen, at a perennial powerhouse, with an undefeated season and Championship hype to the max? I just dont get how this could happen and how we could allow it to happen. Best believe Drummond/Davis/Zeller/Sullinger/Robinson could murder the chancellor and somehow they would still be there for the opening tip. Not saying we should look the other way, but how did it even get to this point?

If we lose Fab I will honestly be in shock even though im trying to prepare myself for it. How the %$# does this happen, at a perennial powerhouse, with an undefeated season and Championship hype to the max? I just dont get how this could happen and how we could allow it to happen. Best believe Drummond/Davis/Zeller/Sullinger/Robinson could murder the chancellor and somehow they would still be there for the opening tip. Not saying we should look the other way, but how did it even get to this point?

Someone in the Athletics Dept. screwed up, plain and simple. Players are assigned tutors who check in with the professor to make sure all work is submitted and on time. If the player seems like he is about to miss something major, they would get in touch with assistant coaches to get on his ass. Did not happen here.

Maybe schools like UK have more $$ to spend on tutors and have like 4 per player instead of 1. Who knows.

Someone in the Athletics Dept. screwed up, plain and simple. Players are assigned tutors who check in with the professor to make sure all work is submitted and on time. If the player seems like he is about to miss something major, they would get in touch with assistant coaches to get on his ass. Did not happen here.

Maybe schools like UK have more $$ to spend on tutors and have like 4 per player instead of 1. Who knows.
Good post, thanks. This is sickening. It all seems to so easily avoidable.

I figured since this is at now 20 pages of useless teeth-grinding and hand-wringing, I would just go ahead and reiterate my thoughts that Fab has really let me personally down these last 2 games. I there is really no doubt in my mind that Syracuse would still be #1 if not for the big fellas absence and subsequent empowerment of Notre Dame.

You hear that Fabrico deMelo? DNABB5 is calling out your giant Brazilian ass for fukin up impossible is nothing. If there is anything you have to do now in regard to academics that can get you back on the court, FUKIN DO IT!!!

I was really hoping to be able to give you the same blessing to the NBA as you predecessor in April, but if this is a total wash and you are done, you will have been the biggest bust ever and it will pain me to see that blocked shot record knowing what could have been.

So....I guess that was the anger stage?

Aristocrats vs Plebs
Nobles vs Peasants
1% vs the 99%

Yeah, this board is ALL about class warfare. Riiiiiight

I meant it as a good thing, sorry if it didnt come out that way lol. Believe me, im hanging out with a girl the other night, things start getting sexy and in the middle I wonder if theres any Fab Melo news...What is wrong with me!?

That's nothing. I turned down guaranteed sex after the Notre Dame game because I needed to be alone. So as crazy as you may think you are, there's always someone who can beat you.
Sent from my ADR6400L using Tapatalk

That's nothing. I turned down guaranteed sex after the Notre Dame game because I needed to be alone. So as crazy as you may think you are, there's always someone who can beat you.

I really love SU, but that's taking things a bit too far, imho. On second thought, I guess it depends on the sex partner.

I really love SU, but that's taking things a bit too far, imho. On second thought, I guess it depends on the sex partner.

To be fair to myself, we had a long day in bed leading up to the game. Also went out to dinner during the first half of Cincinnati to demonstrate that I'm not a complete sociopath.

To be fair to myself, we had a long day in bed leading up to the game. Also went out to dinner during the first half of Cincinnati to demonstrate that I'm not a complete sociopath.

So, now you're getting all Zach Tomaselli on us here coming out with the additional details that would have been nice to know up front.;)

Bees picked up the slack for you. We gotta have each others back.

Sent from my Vortex using Tapatalk

Does this decision rest in the hands of a professor who failed Melo... or is it in the hands of a review panel?

So, now you're getting all Zach Tomaselli on us here coming out with the additional details that would have been nice to know up front.;)

I have never has sex with Bernie Fine. I just need to get that out there.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jc824

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors