Melodramatic absolutely owning Lebron | Page 7 | Syracusefan.com

Melodramatic absolutely owning Lebron

Status
Not open for further replies.
5/6/2006 Lakers vs Suns, Game 7

That is quitting to send a message. In a Game 7. But no one ever talks about that.

44cuse

Yeah, or the 6-24 in game 7 in 2010.

Yeah, or the 6-24 in game 7 in 2010.

...or the games he was eliminated in the finals against Boston and Detroit. Kobe's team lost by the greatest margin ever in a finals elimination game I think in Boston, and nobody ever brings it up. I was embarrassed for the Lakers, the whole Celtics team had their entire families on the sideline like midway through the 4th laughing while the bench players were adding to the lead. Not to mention the 20 point blown lead earlier in the series at home.

And then last year when Dallas swept the Lakers including a blow out win in game 4 where the entire team quit again. But remember guys Kobe always comes through, never gives up, and is unquestionably the best.

Once you win a title, no one picks apart your shortcomings... just the nature of the beast. Durant and Rose will be the next to be picked apart, if they dont get to some NBA Finals and win 1 in the next few years.

The problem is that everything that to be black and white. You're either a choker or you're clutch. You either are a cold blooded killer or you don't have the inner fire. It's rarely that cut and dried in reality.

The problem is that everything that to be black and white. You're either a choker or you're clutch. You either are a cold blooded killer or you don't have the inner fire. It's rarely that cut and dried in reality.

You've either been charged with sexual assault or you haven't. I know that isn't basketball, but it should mean SOMETHING that LeBron, regardless of shortcomings, can be the face of the franchise without embarrassing it with something as serious as a sexual assault out-of-court settlement.

You've either been charged with sexual assault or you haven't. I know that isn't basketball, but it should mean SOMETHING that LeBron, regardless of shortcomings, can be the face of the franchise without embarrassing it with something as serious as a sexual assault out-of-court settlement.

I think it does say something that the thing Lebron gets killed for the most is a tv special announcing where he is going, and a pep rally afterwards where he said th ey are gonna win a lot of titles. Don't get me wrong, that was stupid, but what you said kind of puts some perspective on it.

I guess the moral of the story is

Once you win a title, no one picks apart your shortcomings...

Interesting that several of you acted like James' performance two nights ago against the freaking Nets somehow vindicated your reasoning, yet no mention of Melo's triple-double to lead the Knicks over the previously en fuego Celtics. (Not that one game should ever be considered indicative of anything.)

I guess we have a bunch of wannabe Craig Cartons in our midst. Ego over loyalty.

Lebron > Melo

When they go head to head Melo > Lebron

The way Melo has played over the past month makes me want to re-visit my first statement "if" he can sustain it. Maybe Melo finally gets it?

Lebron > Melo

The way Melo has played over the past month makes me want to re-visit my first statement "if" he can sustain it. Maybe Melo finally gets it?

Call me a hater, but I'm going to say no. He's playing really really well, but he's played like this before and then regressed. Obviously I hope I'm wrong.

Lebron > Melo

You're kidding right? You realize defense is a part of the NBA game?

44cuse

Interesting that several of you acted like James' performance two nights ago against the freaking Nets somehow vindicated your reasoning, yet no mention of Melo's triple-double to lead the Knicks over the previously en fuego Celtics. (Not that one game should ever be considered indicative of anything.)

I guess we have a bunch of wannabe Craig Cartons in our midst. Ego over loyalty.

1. The NBA playoffs are fixed
2. You don't like Hollinger so stats mean nothing
3. LeBron had a good supporting cast in Cleveland

That's why no one is responding to you.

44cuse

You're kidding right? You realize defense is a part of the NBA game?

44cuse
Melo's defense has been fine the past month. You realize making big shots is part of the NBA game as well?

1. The NBA playoffs are fixed
2. You don't like Hollinger so stats mean nothing
3. LeBron had a good supporting cast in Cleveland

That's why no one is responding to you.

You just responded to me. And you were one of several people who continued responding to and referencing my posts after I said I was done.

But that wasn't even my point. My point was give credit where credit is due.

1. Tim Donaghy
2. Hollinger's numbers aren't universally recognized, so you're begging the question.
3. The Cavs won 127 games his last two years in Cleveland. They were the #1 seed in the East both of those years.

That rings a bell; now that you mention it I remember him being an injury replacement.
Still, this shows how much better Lebron made everyone in Cleveland. I hate the guy, but just winning 60+ games with thoese scrubs was incredible. Mo Williams was nearly a household name because he would make wide open threes when Lebron was double and triple teamed. When Lebron announced he was going to Miami, reports came out that Williams was contemplating retirement. Even he knew that Lebron was the reason for his success, and he would never be nearly as good ever again without Lebron. Remember the first time Miami played Cleveland and everyone thought the Cavs would still be good? Miami sharted on them and the Cavs have been a joke ever since.

Melo's defense has been fine the past month. You realize making big shots is part of the NBA game as well?

A month of good defense does not make Melo better than LeBron. You do realize LeBron has made more big shots than Melo has played defense?

Also, LeBron plays defense on all 5 positions. And assume you also realize that LeBron shut down Derrick Rose in the playoffs.

LeBron has led the league in WS the past 3 seasons and is leading the league this season. He was #2 the 3 season before that. Melo has never been in the Top 10 in his career.

Listen, I love Melo and have defended him more here than probably everyone. I think Melo is a GREAT player, not just a good player. But there is absolutely no way Carmelo is a better player than LeBron.

44cuse

A month of good defense does not make Melo better than LeBron. You do realize LeBron has made more big shots than Melo has played defense?

Also, LeBron plays defense on all 5 positions. And assume you also realize that LeBron shut down Derrick Rose in the playoffs.

LeBron has led the league in WS the past 3 seasons and is leading the league this season. He was #2 the 3 season before that. Melo has never been in the Top 10 in his career.

Listen, I love Melo and have defended him more here than probably everyone. I think Melo is a GREAT player, not just a good player. But there is absolutely no way Carmelo is a better player than LeBron.

44cuse
Which is why my premise is based upon IF Melo keeps up this play (which he is capable of doing). LBJ is a better player than maybe anyone but until he becomes clutch you will always have arguments as to is he really better than Kobe, Wade, Melo etc.

Remember the first time Miami played Cleveland and everyone thought the Cavs would still be good?

No, I don't remember many people thinking that. Maybe Bill Simmons was pulling for a Ewing Theory, but that was a dream...

Yeah, like I said before, people are praising Melo to the sky for playing awesome the last month or so (and rightfully so, he has) but that incredible stretch is basically what Lebron's normal level of play is. So if you want to throw out all of Melo's career bu t the last 15 games, he's still probably not as good, since he still isn't the defensive player Lebron is.

For whatever it's worth on the Cavs, I seem to remember them getting a little buzz like "maybe they won't be that bad" but I don't think people thought they'd be any good.

The Cavs were down by 50 pts to the Pistons at one point last night. To the PISTONS!

Yeah, like I said before, people are praising Melo to the sky for playing awesome the last month or so (and rightfully so, he has) but that incredible stretch is basically what Lebron's normal level of play is. So if you want to throw out all of Melo's career bu t the last 15 games, he's still probably not as good, since he still isn't the defensive player Lebron is.

For whatever it's worth on the Cavs, I seem to remember them getting a little buzz like "maybe they won't be that bad" but I don't think people thought they'd be any good.
Minus the fact Lebron wouldnt have hit the game tying three and the game winning three against the Bulls.

You just responded to me. And you were one of several people who continued responding to and referencing my posts after I said I was done.

But that wasn't even my point. My point was give credit where credit is due.

1. Tim Donaghy
2. Hollinger's numbers aren't universally recognized, so you're begging the question.
3. The Cavs won 127 games his last two years in Cleveland. They were the #1 seed in the East both of those years.

How many games did the Cavs win LeBron's last year in Cleveland? How may games did Cavs when the season after he left?

Hollinger's #'s aren't universally recognized...that's really your response? Do you not believe:

Dwight Howard
Dwayne Wade
Dirk Nowitzki
LeBron James
Kevin Love
Chris Paul
Kobe Bryant
Kevin Durant
Russell Westbook
Derrick Rose

Were the 10 best players in the NBA last year? Not to mention...PER/Hollinger should HELP your argument because it is biased towards volume shooters (AKA: Melo).

So I'd say PER does a pretty good job of identifying the best players in the league. I don't know anyone who doesn't think it works. WS and WP48 are debated a little more.

44cuse

Which is why my premise is based upon IF Melo keeps up this play (which he is capable of doing). LBJ is a better player than maybe anyone but until he becomes clutch you will always have arguments as to is he really better than Kobe, Wade, Melo etc.

I just want to be clear: Are you saying Kobe, Wade and Melo are all better than LeBron? Just so I understand you accurately.

Whether you are clutch or not has nothing to do with being the best player. This was all discussed a couple of days ago. I would much rather have the best player in the league for the 47 minutes of the game where you avoid needing to be clutch.

44cuse

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cusethunder

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors