Melodramatic absolutely owning Lebron | Page 6 | Syracusefan.com

Melodramatic absolutely owning Lebron

Status
Not open for further replies.
Who do you want during crunch time to make a big shot? That's my reason for Durant

I'd rather have lebron and not have to worry as much about crunch time.

Who do you want during crunch time to make a big shot? That's my reason for Durant

Sure, but that's a different question than necessarily who is the best fit to start a team. If Lebron is better the first 47 minutes than Durant (which he is, pretty clearly) than you may not need that last second shot to win the game.

I also happen to think that for the most part, the whole Lebron is a choker thing is overblown, so I'd still rather give the ball to Lebron than Durant iif I needed a bucket.

If I was building an NBA team give me a PG first, paul first followed by rose

I think PG usually have the shortest shelf life of all players.

Sure, but that's a different question than necessarily who is the best fit to start a team. If Lebron is better the first 47 minutes than Durant (which he is, pretty clearly) than you may not need that last second shot to win the game.

I also happen to think that for the most part, the whole Lebron is a choker thing is overblown, so I'd still rather give the ball to Lebron than Durant iif I needed a bucket.

I think PG usually have the shortest shelf life of all players.
Jason Kidd would like to talk to you about his shelf life ;)

Yeah, and throw Stockton in there too. And hell, Steve Nash also. Hey, I did say "usually".

I do think Paul is one of the more underrated players; I think he is one of the 5 best PG ever. The knee injuries would worry me a bit though.

The thing I like the most about Paul is that he is just a good person off the court as he is on it. His foundation is involved in something like 20 charities. He is also easy to like and if I'm building around someone I want fans to like the guy.

I a gree he seems like a great guy, but I will always remember him as the guy who punched someone in the balls in college.

lebron is the best player in the league, but until he wins a ring nobody really gives a crap. he quit in game 5 against the celtics a couple years ago. he disappeared in the 4th qtr in the finals last year. its put up or shut up time.

if you could have either kobe or lebron on ur favorite team for the playoffs this year who u taking? im still taking kobe.

Sent from my SCH-R720 using Tapatalk 2

I never knew he did that. Granted I was 10 at the time and the only college basketball team in the world was Syracuse. But that goes to show that when it comes to sports a lot of people tend to forget the small things a player does as long as it doesn't become a habit.

also a funny thing about lebrons supporting cast in cleveland. back to back 60plus win seasons. back to back 1 seeds. very popular pick to win the title both years. but if the supporting cast was such a joke, why did most people still pick them? they were good enough to beat orlando in 09, but nobody talks about that. its only about the weak supporting cast. i guess if he had wade and bosh on those cleveland teams they win it all. oh wait..

also a funny thing about lebrons supporting cast in cleveland. back to back 60plus win seasons. back to back 1 seeds. very popular pick to win the title both years. but if the supporting cast was such a joke, why did most people still pick them? they were good enough to beat orlando in 09, but nobody talks about that. its only about the weak supporting cast. i guess if he had wade and bosh on those cleveland teams they win it all. oh wait..

they picked them all to win it because of Lebron James

Sorry I totally disagree I think the legend of Durant has just begun he is a straight monster and doesn’t have nearly the baggage Lebron does. The fact that people would rather have Lebron take the last shot over KD is actually comical. I guess only time will tell. In all honesty the match up I want to see in the NBA championship is Thunder vs Heat.
Lebron vs KD and then on both sides you have talent James Harden might be the most under rated player in the NBA and Westbrook is no joke either.

Harden is really good. Big fan of his.

also a funny thing about lebrons supporting cast in cleveland. back to back 60plus win seasons. back to back 1 seeds. very popular pick to win the title both years. but if the supporting cast was such a joke, why did most people still pick them? they were good enough to beat orlando in 09, but nobody talks about that. its only about the weak supporting cast. i guess if he had wade and bosh on those cleveland teams they win it all. oh wait

I dunno, the supporting cast was pretty bad. Mo Williams played the second most minutes of anyone on that team. Mo Williams is a solid player, don't get me wrong, but he is a guard with a career true shooting% that is right around league average. (Shockingly, his 2 best years came when he played with Lebron). Andy Varejao played the third most minutes; he's another solid player, but he isn't an all star or anything like that. (Mo Williams made the AS team in 09 I believe; please, that is a joke IMO). Cleveland in 2009 and 2010 was the type of team that can do well in the regular season but may under perform in the playoffs. They had a lot of solid NBA players, but no stars other than Lebron. When you get into the playoffs, the bench means less, and that can be where you run into problems. (Now to be fair, I wasn't saying all of this at the time). Also worth pointing out from a regular season standpoint, that Cleveland in Lebron's last 2 years there won more games than Miami did last year and will likely have a higher win% than Miami from this year. So that does say something about how you are running into a bit of a diminishing returns issue with Lebron and Wade on the same team. They are still really awesome though, and made the finals in their first year. Lebron played 38 minutes per game last year, Wade played 37; in the playoffs Wade played 40 and Lebron nearly 44; that's what I mean about the bench meaning less in the playoffs.

Now, the 2009 Orlando team wasn't a total powerhouse either. Kind of similar to Cleveland; one mega star and a lot of solid players. Remember when Rashard Lewis was good?

if you could have either kobe or lebron on ur favorite team for the playoffs this year who u taking? im still taking kobe.

Probably pretty obvious who I am picking. Throw in Kobe's injury and it's a no brainer to me. Just looked up Kobe's playoff stats from last year; he only played 35 minutes per game after being over 40 every playoffs since 2000. Wonder if that is just a fluke since they got swept, were blown out, etc.

I believe the only reason Mo Williams was an All-Star was that Jameer Nelson got hurt right before the game.

I believe the only reason Mo Williams was an All-Star was that Jameer Nelson got hurt right before the game.

That rings a bell; now that you mention it I remember him being an injury replacement.

Durant is younger, but Lebron is probably 100 times better defensively and is probably just as good offensively, if not better.

Also, if we're talking about building a team from scratch, Lebron is as versatile as they come. You can pretty much play any group of 4 players around him, because he can guard 1-4 and play any position on offense, really.

LeBron on your team means your basically a lock for no worse than a number 2 seed in the playoffs. The problem is once you have him, you are automatically assumed to be a title contender which adds quite a bit of pressure to the team (and to LeBron).

I probably take too many digs at LeBron, but at the same time, this is the same guy who annointed himself "King James", talked about leaving as a junior in HS (granted, he was a kid), had way more clout in who was brought in to Cleveland than people admit (not saying ownership/mgnt should have let him by any means), quit in that Boston series and then did The Decision and then had that stupid party where they said they were going to win like 8 titles.

I love watching LeBron play. He's the best athlete in team sports. It is amazing to watch what he can do so effortlessly. But at the same time, with all the antics and decisions, when I don't see him demanding the bull in crunch time or being a maniacal competitor or wanting to basically crush all of his opponents, something feels off. And it would be fine, if he had won or will win titles and gets the Finals MVP. But until that happens, there is just a feeling of something missing. It's like he is disappointing me, even though I have no right to be disappointed.

talked about leaving as a junior in HS (granted, he was a kid),

Don't remember this (not saying you are lying). Of all people, I remember it being mentioned with Tyson Chandler. Anyone else? Am I making this up?

If anyone could've made that jump though, it would've been Lebron. (Or going back far enough, probably Wilt or maybe Kareem).

quit in that Boston series and then did The Decision and then had that stupid party where they said they were going to win like 8 titles.

I gotta think if Lebron could have one week in his life back, it would be that week with the decision and then that party or whatever you want to call it. Really stupid. I don't know if anyoen remembers, but he had a near triple double in game 6 of the Boston series. Game 5 was the one where he quit though. I remember thinking at the time maybe his elbow was really bothering him, but nothing really came of that, so maybe he did just take that game off, which is mind boggling.

Liked the post for the last paragraph; pretty much agree with all of it.

Add Chris Paul to a team...he might make a little difference..add 10+ wins. Add Lebron to an average team and you have an instant contender.

NBA GM's would laugh about someone taking Paul over Lebron. It's not even worth debating.

I'm a bigtime Heat fan. I've been a fan since the team started back in 1988. I watch every game. Having this current team is (from a fan's perspective) magical. The talent on this team is something that won't be repeated anytime soon. I see people taking swipes at Lebron for the celebration they had right after the signings were announced. That was intended to be a "pep rally" for Heat fans only and it was definitely taken out of context and in hindsight everyone involved probably would have redone that. (For the record, it was Pat Riley and other Heat executives who put that together, not the players).

Lebron is such a physical freak of nature, that you look at him and instantly assume he is the guy who wants to take all the big shots, but his DNA is different. He wants to be more like Magic than MJ. He likes being the facilitator, and sometimes it comes back to bite him. Maybe 5 of their losses this year were due to him passing to the open man who then misses the shot. Is that his fault for not taking the final shot? He setup his team to succeed the best way he possibly could. If a Mike Miller or Udonis Haslem or even Chris Bosh make the open jumper, we all laud Lebron for that pass at the end of the game and for being such an unselfish teammate. What he did in the 4th quarters last year was definitely a cause for concern, but I think he will learn from it and if the Heat make the finals this year, we will see a different outcome.

For the people saying they would rather take Durant over Lebron, you don't watch a lot of these players' games. Lebron will win the MVP this year. He will also be in the top 2 or 3 for defensive player of the year. So far this year, Lebron has guarded every position on the floor. He has guarded the 1 through the 5. Durant is NOT the defensive player that Lebron is, and he probably never will be. Durant is taller, but he is rediculously skinny. I think my little sister has more muscles than Durant. Lebron is a physical freak of nature. He can dominate anyone on either end of the floor, and the exertion he puts out on the defensive side is staggering.

Sure the decision was awful, and he has even admitted that. This guy is a once in a generation type of athlete. These type of athletes you either love or hate. It's rare for someone to fall somewhere in the middle. I love Lebron as an athlete. Granted it has a lot to do with the fact I'm a Heat fan, but it is pure enjoyment watching this guy play basketball. You give me first pick of any player in the league and I'm picking Lebron hands down because of his conditioning, his freakish abilities and his desire to make those around him better.

In the nba I don't buy building a team around a PG, all the guys you have named have never won anything. Jason Kidd won a championship because of Dirk, Steve Nash has shown that he can't carry a team by himself and couldn't win with amare, same with Paul when he was in new Orleans or deron Williams on the nets/Utah. I know other people are in love with Derrick rose but I think he's overrated, the bulls offense runs so much better with him not on the floor.

As for Durant over Lebron, Durant hasnt shown me much either at end of game situations in big spots for me to say he is anywhere close to Lebron. Sure he's a great scorer but he hasn't shown that hes capable of doing what Kobe or Melo do in the clutch. As others have said, overall lebron with both offense and defense makes your team and instant competitor.

there is just a feeling of something missing. It's like he is disappointing me, even though I have no right to be disappointed.

Dead on. Completely agree with that. But that doesn't mean he isn't the best player in the league. Not saying you are saying that, but others are.

44cuse

lebron is the best player in the league, but until he wins a ring nobody really gives a crap. he quit in game 5 against the celtics a couple years ago. he disappeared in the 4th qtr in the finals last year. its put up or shut up time.

5/6/2006 Lakers vs Suns, Game 7

That is quitting to send a message. In a Game 7. But no one ever talks about that.

44cuse

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cusethunder

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors