Memo to Illinois board mods | Page 2 | Syracusefan.com

Memo to Illinois board mods

The kid was stuck with arguably the second or maybe 3rd worse head coach in SUs history. No QB coach. Horrible OCs and an OL that graded out as Fs in 2 seasons. He was injured numerous times and the way he lost his job and was informed was sophomoric on Dinos part.
Suffice to say given all of that he acted pretty well.
Bottom line Tommy and the other kids who left aren't the issue.
So he’ll light it up at Illinois, right?

The kid was stuck with arguably the second or maybe 3rd worse head coach in SUs history. No QB coach. Horrible OCs and an OL that graded out as Fs in 2 seasons. He was injured numerous times and the way he lost his job and was informed was sophomoric on Dinos part.

I bet the family wishes we drafted someone else in that slot.

If by light it up you mean -

Throw for some late-game garbage time TD’s against 2nd string D’s after the game was long since decided -

then yeah, I’m quite certain he will.
We’ll see what happens.

Personally, I think we can acknowledge that our offense stunk while he was here….he was a spoke in that wheel. It doesn’t have to be all or nothing. Whole unit didn’t get it done. Plenty of opportunities, but it never got right. Can’t throw that all on him, but he also can’t wash his hands of all of it either.

Interested to see how he does elsewhere.

Obviously interested to see where our offense goes….post-Tommy it had both some of the best games we’ve seen in years, and then was downright putrid to close the season out.

We're seeing enough in transfers so far that the player is the player regardless of uniform. Nothing against Tommy or anyone else.
My two cents. Tommy is a great 7 on 7 player. He can make the throws. However, he's not a good quarterback. He appears to get flustered. i remember watching a couple of his HS games on line and he never took over a game, if that is the right term.

Remember Western Michigan? Dino stated him in the second half and it was a disaster. he completely fell apart. Later in the year, against Notre Dame he looked terrible. He just can't handle making the decisions of playing QB. Like being called for grounding the ball several time in one half. Anyway, Good luck to him.

There’s a reason I haven’t posted in years . I bleed Orange I’ve lived here my whole life I wear Orange colored glasses to but man o man to many of you avoid the obvious facts ! First off Syracuse, Dino failed Tommy . FACT FACT FACT
Everyone says poor O line play poor wr play poor OC which is true but but but you gloss over the obvious we were LAST DEAD LAST in every way supporting our Qb . Last , THE ABSOLUTE WORST !! Say it out loud we gave Tommy The worst support in the entire country !! And we expected him with his rib injury while max protecting and sub par wrs running wrong routes and no time vs 8 defenders in coverage to make reads ? Lol wake up . Kid is awesome . What happened to pat mahomes in the super bowl ? 2 pics , no TD’s with all the weapons he flopped because he was missing 2 tackles.
Bret Biliema has sent more linemen to the nfl then anyone except saban . He will bring guys in. The pro style TE friendly offense is Taylor made for him .
So once more, I’ll say it again, we gave him the worst worst, worst there is yet you blame him lol
Watch next year he’s gonna explode . Dino blew it

There’s a reason I haven’t posted in years . I bleed Orange I’ve lived here my whole life I wear Orange colored glasses to but man o man to many of you avoid the obvious facts ! First off Syracuse, Dino failed Tommy . FACT FACT FACT
Everyone says poor O line play poor wr play poor OC which is true but but but you gloss over the obvious we were LAST DEAD LAST in every way supporting our Qb . Last , THE ABSOLUTE WORST !! Say it out loud we gave Tommy The worst support in the entire country !! And we expected him with his rib injury while max protecting and sub par wrs running wrong routes and no time vs 8 defenders in coverage to make reads ? Lol wake up . Kid is awesome . What happened to pat mahomes in the super bowl ? 2 pics , no TD’s with all the weapons he flopped because he was missing 2 tackles.
Bret Biliema has sent more linemen to the nfl then anyone except saban . He will bring guys in. The pro style TE friendly offense is Taylor made for him .
So once more, I’ll say it again, we gave him the worst worst, worst there is yet you blame him lol
So he’s going to explode next year. Noted. We will see.

Can someone update this for Illinois?

CgLwOWFUYAEIjyL

Is he? How about his post portal announcement "interview"?

I think he was a very good team mate but he lost me when he held that interview...graphs and all.
Same!

“Thank you for the opportunities over the last 4 years.” would’ve sufficed. Save that other convo for Thanksgiving dinner with your biased family.

I wish Tommy well. He was a good teammate and handled his situation maturely for the most part. Thats about it though, I’ll probably never think of him again.

Can we please pin this?

Can we just wish the kid the best and move on for a few months. We’ve discussed his faults ad nauseam, myself included. I prefer a 500 post discussion on OC rumors without any actual rumors on who our next OC will be.
I’m interested in what the situation at Illinois is and how he projects to do there. If you aren’t, you aren’t. *shrug

I disagree. Blaming the coaches. That's just too easy to do. Dino probably should have been fired this year but it doesnt mean everything he did is wrong and should be blamed for every player that have underacheived. Tommy joined a struggling P5 team. He knew what he was getting into. You can either step up to change the culture and make plays despite the challenges or sulk and blame everyone around you. Should we make exceptions for every kid that's been on losing teams? There are plenty of players that shine on bad teams. We see it every year. We can be mad at Dino all we want but Im not going to let my emotions change what I saw on the field. TD was lacking important intangibles you need to have as a QB. He got more than enough chances to improve on them. He regressed. We can't blame every coach that came in the program for that. Have to put it on Tommy. Btw most 4 stars QB's dont play up to expectations, should we blame every coach when that happens?

I think the pro/con opinions both have some validity.

At this point? He gave everything he could to us. Thats what I care about.

He's still Orange, to me. Maybe we all learn more, at his next stop? I'll be rooting for him.

Deeee-lusional. But here’s hoping your correct. Seems like a good kid,

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jc824

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom