Mercer is 20x better than wmu | Syracusefan.com

Mercer is 20x better than wmu

But why the are they zoning duke???
WMU was 16 seed bad...Whittington had a jumpshot, but nothing else. Saw none of the post moves he was described to have. Brown was a chucker, who had no PG skills. Tava had some moves, but overall they had no athletes, and no way to initiate offense.

I'll tell ya what, Duke is living by the three right now. Without those 7 shots, they are down 3. Mercer just needs to slow the pace of the game and go at Duke inside with their big stiffs. Get the Duke bigs in foul trouble.

If Mercer tries to run with them, Duke will wrap this up early in the second half.

I've said all along that Duke's kryptonite is bad shooting and a team with more size in the middle than they have. Mercer is much bigger than I thought they were.

Duke is looking like a mid-major. Can only score on 3's and putbacks. Refs are helping them by allowing them to put their hands all over Mercer.

Yeah, all you need is Duke to slow down from three and you're all set. We've seen it enough in our games, a team comes out hot, then just keeps on shooting themselves out of a game.

Duke's talent should overwhelm Mercer though eventually. Probably.

WMU was 16 seed bad...Whittington had a jumpshot, but nothing else. Saw none of the post moves he was described to have. Brown was a chucker, who had no PG skills. Tava had some moves, but overall they had no athletes, and no way to initiate offense.
I think you have to give us some credit. WMU had won 12 of 13 and was playing very good basketball. The zone was just unreal in the 1st half yesterday.

This Mercer alum is proud of the first half effort! Didn't expect to hang in there quite as well when Duke started hitting those 3s to start.

Lord K actually did a halftime interview. When's the last time that happened?

They go 11 deep, with 7 seniors. That can really help in one of these matchups.

Baylor winning early.

I think every one knew Duke would have their hands full with Mercer. I expect they pull away and win in the second half though.

I just realized that they are playing in Raleigh...tough to tell from the crowd noise.

one of the kids on mercer looks like a fullback in the NFL. if duke ends up somehow losing my bracket is

Mercer is located in Georgia. Not that far for their fans to travel. Also Duke is a hated team nationally, so everyone in that building not wearing Duke colors is rooting against the Blue Devils.

Mercer came from the same conference as Florida Gulf Coast. They beat fgcu@fgcu to win the asun as a 2 seed.. They're very good. They can easily make a sweet 16 run. I have it in my bracket

Baylor winning early.

I think every one knew Duke would have their hands full with Mercer. I expect they pull away and win in the second half though.
That Baylor team is freaking dangerous when they are clicking.

I have Baylor in my E8 thinking the draw was very good for them.

Last edited:
I just hate watching Duke get away with foul after foul. They hack, grab, tackle but don't get called...but they're STILL LOSING!!!!

themorey said:
I just hate watching Duke get away with foul after foul. They hack, grab, tackle but don't get called...but they're STILL LOSING!!!!

Was shocked they called a charge on Parker.

Was shocked they called a charge on Parker.

He took at least 2 steps while the Mercer dude was just standing firm. That would have been too much even for Duke.

Mercer guys sprinting to help their teammate up. They're really into this. Lord have Mercer.

They are absolutely mugging these Mercer guys and then Mercer gets touch fouls. Such BS.

You have to beat Duke by 10+ in the state of NC to actually beat them. This has been the case for as long as I have been paying attention to it.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SYRtoBOS

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom