Mets 2017 - Calling all Mets fans | Page 19 | Syracusefan.com

Mets 2017 - Calling all Mets fans

And db approved the sale!

Mets have the richest owner in baseball!

Good bye Wilpons you dooshbag mf aholes

Slow down Cowboy. Good luck getting players to take that money when u have the greatest sports franchise in professional sports across town in the Yankees. Players are still going to come thru us. Carlos Beltran your most recent big time free agent almost 15 years ago begged for the Yankees to sign him before signing with the Mets after the Yankees declined. Just saying.

Slow down Cowboy. Good luck getting players to take that money when u have the greatest sports franchise in professional sports across town in the Yankees. Players are still going to come thru us. Carlos Beltran your most recent big time free agent almost 15 years ago begged for the Yankees to sign him before signing with the Mets after the Yankees declined. Just saying.
I know when the Mets do something and you say do not get excited, it is officially time to get excited.

Thanks for making my day CR!

Greatest sports franchise in professional sports? Exactly how many titles has the greatest sports franchise in professional sports won in the last 20 years. I pick 20 years because that is a long time. A 30 year old would maybe have seen the last one or two from twenty years. And what a franchise did 40 years ago or more carries zero weight with young guys today. As a Syracuse basketball fan we know all that too well. So, once again, how many titles in the last 20 years. Must be a lot for them to be the best.

And yet another reminder.

If you want to talk politics and bash someone (in this case DeBlasio), take it to the OT Foru,m and start your own thread.

It doesn't belong here.
Shouldn't we bash DeBlasio whenever and wherever you can. It's not political. Both sides think he's an idiot.

Greatest sports organization or not Cohen has a lot more money than the Steinbrenners. Man I've been waiting my whole life to utter that phrase.

Interesting news the Mets flipped back and Bingo got the AA team back. great for the area to maintain a team.

Interesting news the Mets flipped back and Bingo got the AA team back. great for the area to maintain a team.
Did they confirm that AA will stay there? I saw that they could flip with Brooklyn? I wonder how much it would reduce interest to drop from AA to A.

Did they confirm that AA will stay there? I saw that they could flip with Brooklyn? I wonder how much it would reduce interest to drop from AA to A.
Last I knew, it had not been decided whether Bingo would stay a class AA franchise or drop to class A.

Personally, I think it is a no brainer to leave Bingo at class AA.

Players come and go between A and AA and between AA and AAA all the time. You will reduce travel and expenses by locating the class AA team between the class A and class AAA teams.

Which is exactly what the Mets have today.

Based on Sandy's comments, Binghamton's staying put and Brooklyn's going to full-season A. So that leaves Binghamton in AA. Good news all around, I think.

Also good news Storman accepted the qualifying offer.. its a bit over market value for his slot but we needed another decent/sold starter.

Move Lugo back to the pen. pay him a bit more if need be..

Degrom/Strohman/Peterson was pretty good most of the yr.

Thor hopefully comes back mid season for the stretch run in limited innings

working hard on getting Baur/Darvish?morton need 1 one of those

Matz will be the long man or 5th starter if they dont get one more which they probably need to do.

Missed on all 3 of the top FAs

Absolute failure by everyone involved.

Mets stay the Mets.

such over reaction..

we didnt overpay for a pitcher
we didnt sign a CF we didnt need
we signed the better catcher..

we got the best SS we could have asked for and now probably have the money to sign him.

Mets stay the Mets.

I definitely don't get the McCann> JT decision.

They did make a fairly notable trade though

Can't get Springer or Bauer, Same old Mets. Another disappointing offseason.

such over reaction..

we didnt overpay for a pitcher
we didnt sign a CF we didnt need
we signed the better catcher..

we got the best SS we could have asked for and now probably have the money to sign him.

WE HAVE THE RICHEST OWNER IN THE LEAGUE WE CAN OVERPAY NOW

DODGERS OVERPAY FOR A PITCHER BECAUSE THEY LIKE WINNING

I can confirm Alex isn’t back with Syndergaard so maybe he can bounce back when he comes back from TJ.

Mets can pay Lindor now which would be smart. Make him a decent offer I bet he signs.

I can confirm Alex isn’t back with Syndergaard so maybe he can bounce back when he comes back from TJ.

Mets can pay Lindor now which would be smart. Make him a decent offer I bet he signs.
Another failure of an offseason. Thor is a bum.

Mets stay the Mets.
I am not upset.

Bauer wants to pitch every 4 days. That screws up everyone else in the rotation.

$40 million a season is way too high for a player with a lifetime ERA higher than DeGrom, Carrasco, Syndergaard and Stroman. I think he is going to have a better second half of his career than his first half, but I don’t see him being worth $40 million a season. A good, not great starting pitcher is just not worth that kind of money. If it was just over paying, I wouldn’t care, but when you overspend in one area, it leaves you with less money to address other weaknesses.

Plus, the guy is a lightning rod for controversy.

I think for this team, at this time, there are better ways to spend that money.

Mets added the best shortstop in baseball, and a lot of you guys are mad about their offseason? Lol.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jc824

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom