Mets 2017 - Calling all Mets fans | Page 9 | Syracusefan.com

Mets 2017 - Calling all Mets fans

He hasn't been the same pitcher since blowing all those world series games. He seems to have lost any sort of consistency he ever had. His nasty stuff bailed him out most of last year but he seemed to lose that even towards the end of the year. I'd say the Royals got into his head and built a townhouse in there. Lucky for the Mets they have Reed but they need to find an 8th inning guys... Robles isn't consistent enough for that role, Salas and Blevins don't have the elite stuff.
Can't afford to lose him from the rotation right now, but ultimately, Harveys future may be as a 3 out guy

Harvey at times pitched well last night.. of course the 3 balls they made solid contact with were rockets off the bat.. he made them look like fools most of the night, but his control is awful and gets him behind in the count way too much.

still i wouldnt have run him out there at 2-2 and almost 100 pitches

Can't afford to lose him from the rotation right now, but ultimately, Harveys future may be as a 3 out guy
I don't think his ego will let him do that. Don't see many 8th inning relievers dating super models.

Honestly I think he needs time away from the limelight in the minors to find his control and figure out how to pitch again.

Harvey at times pitched well last night.. of course the 3 balls they made solid contact with were rockets off the bat.. he made them look like fools most of the night, but his control is awful and gets him behind in the count way too much.

He was awful last night.

Terry seems to have the worst decision making process when it comes to whether or not to leave a pitcher in. Just because his pitch count was below 100 doesn't mean he was fresh. He was lucky to have only allowed 2 runs in the first 5 innings.

He was awful last night.
had the bullpen not been so bad lately he leaves after allowing 2 runs and 2 balls they actually hit solid. instead he stays in and implodes.

then its followed up by robles debacle yesterday and today blowing a 7-1 lead where every bullpen guys screwed it up, thats like 6 guys in a row blowing up.

This team is a disaster, can't even hold a 6 run lead.

I've tuned out, just checking up on them while I watch golf, boxing, auto racing, horse racing, the NBA, hockey, lacrosse and don't really care that much who wins, (except SU lax). That's the nice thing about this time of year. If the Mets get things straightened out, I'll start watching entire games again. But you can't expect much from them with half the team on the DL.

Mets fans how long is Cespedes out for?

As I got offered him in a trade for Gio Gonzalez and if it's not too long I would trade a guy I am not super high on.

Mets fans how long is Cespedes out for?

As I got offered him in a trade for Gio Gonzalez and if it's not too long I would trade a guy I am not super high on.

Best case is he's back by the end of the month. But with the Mets, you never know...

There is a part of me that would just like to write this season off to injuries; but I have no faith next season will be a whole lot different

Best case is he's back by the end of the month. But with the Mets, you never know...

There is a part of me that would just like to write this season off to injuries; but I have no faith next season will be a whole lot different
The Mets are quickly reaching a crossroads... they need to figure out which pitching staff is real. The world series one or the current shatshow.

I think Thor, DeGrom, Wheeler, Matz (if he can stay healthy) are legit. Those 4 plus any >0 war pitcher as #5 is a pretty freaking good group of starters. Mets need to focus on getting these guys to pitch to contact instead of trying to be too perfect so that these dudes can get past 5/6 innings.

The open question is starter #5 within range of the majors right now because Harvey and Gsellman are not major league pitchers at this point in time.

The bullpen needs to be rebuilt from scratch. Reed is a great 8th inning guy, Blevins seems okay and that's all they got. I would try Robles as closer as he has the stuff... his problem is in his head. But the Mets need to spend the rest of the season trying to figure this stuff out.

The position player strategy is entirely betting on the kids doing what they are doing moving forward: I hope by the end of the year we are running out Cespedes, Conforto, Bruce, Smith, Rosario, Rivera, Darnaud, and either Walker or Cabrera at 2nd. But the Mets being the Mets I'm sure Walker, Grandy, Duda, Reyes will be there to the bitter end.

Coaching: Thank you Terry and Werthen and Long but the whole coaching and training staff needs to go bye bye this off season. Terry has pretty much comprehensively proven that he can't handle a bullpen or a pitching staff. This year, he has also shown in an inability to manage his players that seemed to be his strength the last few years. I actually like Werthen but he's going to be the sacrificial lamb for the complete implosion of the pen and the starters this year. I think Long has done some good but has done more than enough harm to outweigh any good. The homer ball strategy has gotta go... modern baseball is about getting on base and extending pitch counts.

GM: Alderson has done a great job of being in charge when the franchise recovered but the team needs new ideas to get to that next level. I believe the position player strategy has actually hurt the pitching staff because it has drastically increased the pressure innings they have had to pitch. For much of the last 3/4 years these guys know if they give up even one run the game is over. I think this is the root cause of all of the staff's problems... they have to be too perfect which causes them to run up high pitch counts.

The Mets are quickly reaching a crossroads... they need to figure out which pitching staff is real. The world series one or the current shatshow.

I think Thor, DeGrom, Wheeler, Matz (if he can stay healthy) are legit. Those 4 plus any >0 war pitcher as #5 is a pretty freaking good group of starters. Mets need to focus on getting these guys to pitch to contact instead of trying to be too perfect so that these dudes can get past 5/6 innings.

The real crossroads is they have a ton of potential FA in the off-season. I shouldn't write this season off, but there are a lot of different ways this off-season can go.

I have given up all hope.

This is beyond pathetic now. A 7 game losing streak. I know. I know. Injuries. Still, how in the world is Terry Collins going to keep his job after this? Someone has to take the fall.

I spent the afternoon cleaning out and washing my car. I didn't want to spoil a nice day with a Mets game.

around 6 games out with so much gone bad.. not sure to be happy or sad.. still familia getting hurt cost them that game and probably the 7-1 lead they lost last weekend. just those 2 and they would be sitting at .500 four games out and feeling OK waiting for the starters and Cespedes to come back..

not giving up hope yet though, Wash has a ton of holes too.

got to find a reliever that doesnt cost them games and Reed will be shot soon as they dont trust anyone after Blevins and maybe Edgin,

they must have someone in the minors, but it looks like they dont..

still get the SS back, Reyes is showing some signs. Walker is coming back a bit, Cespedes means they can bench Grandy and they should probably do the same with Duda.. that removes two .200 hitters and some huge holes in the lineup if The Rivera twins can hit just a little..

This bullpen is really bad.
What's sad is that this was a relatively predictable outcome coming out of last season and spring training yet the Mets did NOTHING to address it. Familia was as wobbly as a loose tooth towards the back end of last year so the only proven commodities the Mets had was Blevins and Reed. Yet the Mets did nothing to address this gap because they couldn't get rid of Bruce's contract.

Wilpons.

If the Mets have any chance to do anything this season, now is the time to do it while playing teams like the Padres and the struggling Pirates. Also, starting last week against the Angels, the Mets started a stretch of 20 out of 28 games at home. Need to take advantage of that. After that, they play 16 of 19 on the road before the All Star break. Also, mark June 12th on your calendars. The Mets play 11 in a row against the Cubs, Nationals and Dodgers. We will know shortly what this team should do by the trade deadline.

If the Mets have any chance to do anything this season, now is the time to do it while playing teams like the Padres and the struggling Pirates. Also, starting last week against the Angels, the Mets started a stretch of 20 out of 28 games at home. Need to take advantage of that. After that, they play 16 of 19 on the road before the All Star break. Also, mark June 12th on your calendars. The Mets play 11 in a row against the Cubs, Nationals and Dodgers. We will know shortly what this team should do by the trade deadline.

We need Matz and Lugo to come back, this rotation right now is in shambles, I know Harvey only gave up two runs last night, but he wasn't good, he needs to go more than 5 innings, he was lucky to only give up 2 runs last night.

We need Matz and Lugo to come back, this rotation right now is in shambles, I know Harvey only gave up two runs last night, but he wasn't good, he needs to go more than 5 innings, he was lucky to only give up 2 runs last night.

To one of the worst offenses in the MLB. Middle of the road team would have laced him for 5-7 runs lol. He's all hype.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AlCuse

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom