Mets 2017 - Calling all Mets fans | Page 8 | Syracusefan.com

Mets 2017 - Calling all Mets fans

I'm actually pretty curious to see how the pitching staff is dealt with. Degrom, Thor are certified studs and wheeler and Matz seem like they are solid depending on health. I think the Mets keep them all but that's assuming they want to stay as Mets. The Wilpons weren't afraid to spend big before the Madoff crap I'm hoping now that those payments are done they will start spending again. I do wonder if the shitshow that's the franchise will prevent these guys from re-signing.

I am pretty sure they have substantial loans still out, so money will always be an issue.

I know Degrom was making noise earlier about wanting an extension; the Mets didn't seem too interested. The fact is; Harvey aside, they control these guys for a while. Degrom can't be a FA until after 2020, and Matz/Thor the year after.

I'm a Braves fan so take this for what it's worth, but I've always had the impression Harvey was a little too big for his britches.

He is way too big for them, his attitude sucks, and I am tired of his primadonna act, win something and then act like a big shot, this guy has accomplished what exactly? He has been a 500 pitcher who is always hurt.

I want Judge.
judge-reinhold-fast-times-ridgemont-high-1982-photo-GC.jpg

done

He is way too big for them, his attitude sucks, and I am tired of his primadonna act, win something and then act like a big shot, this guy has accomplished what exactly? He has been a 500 pitcher who is always hurt.

I get it, but I don't think that's really fair. (Which maybe, who needs to be fair?)

The guy was an awesome pitcher. Game 5 in the world series was thisclose to being a legendary performance. He's not the same pitcher he was. Will he bounce back? possibly. I'd bet against it, at least to even 2015 Matt Harvey

Typical Mets, their ss goes down, and they bring up the guy from their farm system hitting 254, instead of the guy hitting 381.

Typical Mets, their ss goes down, and they bring up the guy from their farm system hitting 254, instead of the guy hitting 381.
They are trying to maximize control years and they don't want to put too much pressure on the kid.

I can't wait till this franchise starts acting like a team in the biggest media market in America. Wilpons.

Reason 5,873,446 why Terry Collins drives me nuts... bottom of the 7th in a tie game. Sales gets two easy outs and Collins yanks him with bases empty to bring in Blevins to create a lefty on lefty matchup against Panik... a dude with pretty little power. Panik gets a hit... Blevins does get an out so there was no real damage. But why wouldn't you just let Salas go get Panik? What if this game goes into extra innings?

Collins does everything by the baseball bible of lefty vs lefty/righty vs righty and whatever other bs it says... he never ever can take into account game situation and instead prioritizes baseball dogma. His biggest weakness as a manager in my opinion.

I'm calling it now... Harvey won't be a Met going into the 2019 season. I just hope the Mets are able to recoup some value out of him

I can see him possibly being traded this year or next. I think he'll end up signing with the Yankees in 2019. At least, that's probably what Harvey wants to happen.

Reason 5,873,446 why Terry Collins drives me nuts... bottom of the 7th in a tie game. Sales gets two easy outs and Collins yanks him with bases empty to bring in Blevins to create a lefty on lefty matchup against Panik... a dude with pretty little power. Panik gets a hit... Blevins does get an out so there was no real damage. But why wouldn't you just let Salas go get Panik? What if this game goes into extra innings?

Collins does everything by the baseball bible of lefty vs lefty/righty vs righty and whatever other bs it says... he never ever can take into account game situation and instead prioritizes baseball dogma. His biggest weakness as a manager in my opinion.

He did the same thing on Sunday, it was a 7-0 game in the top of the ninth!!!

sounds like Girardi

Mets could send Harvey to triple AAA.

Should the Mets consider sending Matt Harvey to the minors?

"Making such a dramatic move could accelerate the team and the player toward a divorce that seems inevitable at this point, but on the other hand, the Mets might feel like it’s their best chance at producing the change in Harvey they want, and need. It would be a dramatic wake-up call that would certainly get his attention, because it would have the potential of altering the timeline by which he would become a free agent. As it stands, Harvey is on track to accumulate the requisite time in the big leagues hit the open market in the fall of 2018, but if the Mets hold him in the minor leagues, they could back that up by a year, at least. If the Mets sent him to Class AAA or AA for the rest of 2017, he might not reach free agency until he was 30, rather than 29 -- and that could make a difference in the perception of what he might be."

So Salas who has been giving up HRs like crazy for 2 weeks comes out for Blevins who is Money most of the time.

sounds like Girardi
only difference is...if fired, Girardi wont be off the phone with his wife telling her he is unemployed and he will have 10 manager job offers.

only difference is...if fired, Girardi wont be off the phone with his wife telling her he is unemployed and he will have 10 manager job offers.

He would,but Terry Collins is a darn good manager, I am tired of hearing people bash the guy.

He would,but Terry Collins is a darn good manager, I am tired of hearing people bash the guy.
fwiw: I think hes done a hell of a job too, and the turnaround in the last week+ has been as strong as any.

they were right on the precipice of the abyss heading into DC, where the rain out helped as they split 2, but then they've taken 2 out of 3 2x last week and won again yesterday.

fwiw: I think hes done a hell of a job too, and the turnaround in the last week+ has been as strong as any.

they were right on the precipice of the abyss heading into DC, where the rain out helped as they split 2, but then they've taken 2 out of 3 2x last week and won again yesterday.

He and Bobby V are the only managers to ever take the Mets to the playoffs in back to back years, they play hard for him. This team is not dead yet.

cant believe they blew that.

Typical Met loss, a chance to sweep a bad team like you should, and they choke, Flores blows it, and Familia blows another one. I am done with Familia, he will never be the same again, time to find a new closer.

Maybe Terry shouldn't have used Familia 3 days in a row?

Familia wasn't the same pitcher before the HR last year. His control has been much worse since the start of 2016

Maybe Terry shouldn't have used Familia 3 days in a row?

Familia wasn't the same pitcher before the HR last year. His control has been much worse since the start of 2016
He hasn't been the same pitcher since blowing all those world series games. He seems to have lost any sort of consistency he ever had. His nasty stuff bailed him out most of last year but he seemed to lose that even towards the end of the year. I'd say the Royals got into his head and built a townhouse in there. Lucky for the Mets they have Reed but they need to find an 8th inning guys... Robles isn't consistent enough for that role, Salas and Blevins don't have the elite stuff.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Cuseman17

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom