Mets 2019 Season Thread | Page 19 | Syracusefan.com

Mets 2019 Season Thread

The Mets aren’t offensive juggernauts, but since they’ve moved to Citi, this has been their best offensive year. (They only had to move the walls in 3 times!) Remember how bad 2009 was? Murphy led the team with 11HRs. 11!!!!!

I loved those dimensions. But damn those were offensively challenged teams. The right-center power alley was a graveyard, the wall in center was a little deeper and did that goofy thing to accommodate the apple, and the wall in left cost Wright and others more than a few homers. (Heck, if the Mets and Cardinals played Game 7 in '06 at Citi, they'd might still be in extra innings today.)

With any luck, they will soon be at a point where they can roll out these lineups:

Vs Lefties:

Rosario SS
McNeil 2B
Alonso 1B
Ramos C
Conforto RF
JD Davis 3B
Nimmo LF
Lagares CF

Vs Righties:

Rosario SS
McNeil 3B
Alonso 1B
Conforto RF
Nimmo CF
JD Davis LF
Ramos C
Panik 2B

Pretty darned good hitting and defense. You have Frazier available to fill in at 1B and 3B, Guillorme able to play everywhere in the infield, and it sounds like Lowrie, a switch hitter who is playing games down in Class A, is only a week or so behind Nimmo. When he comes back, maybe McNeil gets some at bats in the outfield again too (you know he is going play somewhere every day).

From what I have seen, it looks like he is probably our best defensive outfielder...

With any luck, they will soon be at a point where they can roll out these lineups:

Vs Lefties:

Rosario SS
McNeil 2B
Alonso 1B
Ramos C
Conforto RF
JD Davis 3B
Nimmo LF
Lagares CF

Vs Righties:

Rosario SS
McNeil 3B
Alonso 1B
Conforto RF
Nimmo CF
JD Davis LF
Ramos C
Panik 2B

Pretty darned good hitting and defense. You have Frazier available to fill in at 1B and 3B, Guillorme able to play everywhere in the infield, and it sounds like Lowrie, a switch hitter who is playing games down in Class A, is only a week or so behind Nimmo. When he comes back, maybe McNeil gets some at bats in the outfield again too (you know he is going play somewhere every day).

From what I have seen, it looks like he is probably our best defensive outfielder...

I don't see nearly as much baseball as I'd like, but I made it to the Syracuse game on Sunday (feels unnatural to say anything other than "Chiefs") and thought Nimmo was swinging the bat very well.

That's all I've got!

I can’t understate how important this Cubs series is. Need to win 2 of 3 at minimum.
at the beginning of this homestand, i thought they needed to go 6-3 to maintain momentum. after the cleveland sweep, i was thinking maybe 7-2. now we're hoping to eke out 5-4.

losing that degrom game was a nut punch

At least the Syracuse Mets are fighting for a division title.

Jeff McNeil has been awful since his return. He needs to stop that swing at the first pitch bull****. Work the ****ing count. Men on second and third and you bail out an erratic pitcher in Neris by swinging at his junk in the ground.

Nice win today. Beat the Nats again tomorrow

Poorly managed inning from DeFrancesco. A 13-6 lead is now 13-11. Pounders and Nogosek were given too much rope to hang themselves.

I know it's minor league ball but this was a soul-crushing game to listen to:

Mets vs. RailRiders | 09/03/19

Santana had given up 1 hit and 1 run through the first 6 innings, got nobody out in the 7th inning. In the last two innings our pitchers got 6 guys out, walked 6, gave up 10 hits and had 4 wild pitches.

I know it's minor league ball but this was a soul-crushing game to listen to:

Mets vs. RailRiders | 09/03/19

Santana had given up 1 hit and 1 run through the first 6 innings, got nobody out in the 7th inning. In the last two innings our pitchers got 6 guys out, walked 6, gave up 10 hits and had 4 wild pitches.

I listened to it and you could hear how resigned the commentator was to what was happening on the field. As poorly managed a game that you will see at any level. If Brooks Pounders, Nogosek and Hanhold are called up, they're in trouble if they have to rely on any of them.

Would have been great for the Syracuse team to join the Brooklyn organization in the playoffs and to also earn good will with the locals as they had a winner in their first season. So much for that.

really i get the idea of taking Lugo out.. but he never pitches 2 days in a row so just finish the win..

that was dumb pitch selection by the catcher.. throw the slider down and away and make him take it..

For Mets fans, yesterday was like being rescued from the Titanic:

...by the Hindenburg:

I don’t care who we get back, Diaz needs to be traded this offseason. He singlehandedly derailed the season.

And fire Mickey too.

There are not enough reliable relief pitchers to justify the over-reliance on the bullpen that is par for the course in baseball these days. If the other team wants to get to your bullpen and you want to go to your bullpen, one of you has to be wrong.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AlCuse

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom