Mets 2019 Season Thread | Page 17 | Syracusefan.com

Mets 2019 Season Thread

The game is fun again for the Mets and it's fun watching them again. it had been since those first 12 games last year since we've had this feeling. It feels like 2015.

I'm still worried about the bullpen. Are we going to need Familia and Diaz or can we work around them without over-working Lugo?

Last edited:
The game is fun again for the Mets and it's fun watching them again. it had been since those first 12 games last year since we've had this feeling. It feels like 2015.

I'm still worried about the bullpen. Are we going to need Familia and Diaz or can we work around them without over-working Lugo?
Huge Yankees fan as a kid. Left the game after the second strike and never went back. Rarely watch baseball anymore unless my son is playing.

Watched last night. Great game. Playoff atmosphere at Shea (written intentionally)...Unfortunately, fell asleep in the 7th so missed the ending...

Beating Strasburg last night was big. Sets you up to potentially have a big weekend.

Huge Yankees fan as a kid. Left the game after the second strike and never went back. Rarely watch baseball anymore unless my son is playing.

Watched last night. Great game. Playoff atmosphere at Shea (written intentionally)...Unfortunately, fell asleep in the 7th so missed the ending...

Beating Strasburg last night was big. Sets you up to potentially have a big weekend.

Strasburg had the Mets down 5-3. Doolittle cannot close against the Mets for whatever reason.

It's official: Lugo is our closer.

He's def going to be their #1 reliever. They dont like to use him on back to back days a lot, so Diaz is probably gonna get some chances. I think they need to get him back to like 85-90% of last year; I would really like their chances if he's reliable again.

Little more than a week ago I took a flier on the NYM by betting $40 @ 75 to 1 that they win the World Series. Obviously still a long shot but with their rotation, coupled with some mediocre competition for the WC, they have an excellent shot to make the playoffs. After that anything can happen.

if they get past the WC game they have the pitching to get it done.

win tomorrow and the Atlanta series really starts to mean something.

Little more than a week ago I took a flier on the NYM by betting $40 @ 75 to 1 that they win the World Series. Obviously still a long shot but with their rotation, coupled with some mediocre competition for the WC, they have an excellent shot to make the playoffs. After that anything can happen.

Just to show how quickly things have changed, before the game last night, my friend took them at 32 to 1

Got back home from the game not too long ago. Citi literally shook under my feet when Lugo got the out.

Got back home from the game not too long ago. Citi literally shook under my feet when Lugo got the out.

As I said, I went Friday night, it was insane. Looked so much fun again last night

This team is remarkable they have overcome another big defecit. You got to believe.

This team is remarkable they have overcome another big defecit. You got to believe.

If only DeGrom hadn't hesitated on the way to first base. The error should have been on him. But the Mets are pickin' it now.

They won 2 out of 3 blah blah blah I don't care

You can't lose this pitching match up going for the sweep.

They won 2 out of 3 blah blah blah I don't care

You can't lose this pitching match up going for the sweep.

The Mets are 83-79 all time in games DeGrom starts, (9-14 this season). When he gets the decision, they are 62-48. When he doesn't they are 21-31. The dude's lifetime ERA: 2.68.

Thrilled the way they are playing but Diaz blows I'm tired of his act. And why is althier getting a big ab he's hitting .075. Mr met would have been a better option.

Thrilled the way they are playing but Diaz blows I'm tired of his act. And why is althier getting a big ab he's hitting .075. Mr met would have been a better option.

Diaz last year: 1.96 ERA. lifetime: 3.14 This year: 5.32
Familia last year: 3.13 ERA, lifetime: 3.11 This year: 6.69

Much earlier in this thread someone said something about "normal fluctuations". There's nothing normal about what happened to these two this year. Can you imagine what the Met's record would be if they'd just performed to their career numbers?

Much earlier in this thread someone said something about "normal fluctuations". There's nothing normal about what happened to these two this year. Can you imagine what the Met's record would be if they'd just performed to their career numbers?

If the pen wasn't the dumpster fire it was in the first half, the Mets would be the best team in baseball. That's not an exaggeration either. Diaz is quickly becoming a lost cause. When you're competing for a WC spot, his blown saves and losses add up quickly.

Yesterday's game summed up the Mets struggles. Poor pitching, poor defense and poor situational hitting. They have to start a new streak.

Part of me wants to blame Brodie for the Cano/Diaz trade but in his defense he thought he was fixing the Mets biggest weakness with Diaz + Familia. If everything had panned out with the veterans and the young guys had evolved as they did, the Mets would easily be in the playoffs. I'm not sure how he could have know that Familia and Diaz and Gsellman would be THIS bad. Hopefully he's learned his lesson and realizes for relief pitching its much much easier to go the free agency route as opposed to making a big trade for a reliever.

I think playoffs are still a longshot for this year... kind of like in hoops when a team makes a big run to comeback from a bug deficit but can never quite manage to get ahead... I think that's where the Mets are. They are due for some regression.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jc824

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom