Miami Game Thread ... No Howard today | Page 14 | Syracusefan.com

Miami Game Thread ... No Howard today

Status
Not open for further replies.
-21 in 2nd half. Worst SU team since 1981-82 (for those who haven't been following that long).
It's going to be a long frustrating season. So many weaknesses.

Mike w 3-14 with 8 turnovers. He needs to score 20 for us to be able to win.

We have to recruit a true 1 guard. We can't have a 3 acting as a 1 bringing the ball up against that type of ball pressure. G has done what he can, but most 1 guards start playing with the ball in their hands in 6th grade. I may be in the minority, but with Malachi and Lydon coming back, I would like to see Battle at the 2 and Howard running point. Yes, he's a combo guard, but he seems (while in limited mins) to have the feel and handle for the 1. Have Lydon play the 4 where his size and skill creates match up issues. Just my opinion, but we need to have a true 1 in Orange soon! Go cuse!

SDjohn said:
We have to recruit a true 1 guard. We can't have a 3 acting as a 1 bringing the ball up against that type of ball pressure. G has done what he can, but most 1 guards start playing with the ball in their hands in 6th grade. I may be in the minority, but with Malachi and Lydon coming back, I would like to see Battle at the 2 and Howard running point. Yes, he's a combo guard, but he seems (while in limited mins) to have the feel and handle for the 1. Have Lydon play the 4 where his size and skill creates match up issues. Just my opinion, but we need to have a true 1 in Orange soon! Go cuse!

Thing is, we're stuck on recruiting long guards who really aren't point guards.

The positive from this is that maybe we eventually change our ways in terms on the type of players we recruit.

pearl31 said:
yeah, because Miami's bad and stuff

Do you think Miami is a sweet 16 team? This was their first conference game. Rankings mean nothing right now. Hell, we were 14th not to long ago.

The positive from this is that maybe we eventually change our ways in terms on the type of players we recruit.

Joseph ain't long.

I have too many other grievances that I will now scream off my front stoop.

The positive from this is that maybe we eventually

change our ways in terms on the type of players we recruit.

I know we love our tall guards and all but there are 6-3, 6-4 true ones out there. No need for a 6'6 PG unless he's a true 1 playing point for this team. We fell in love after MCW, but we did have some success with 1's before him. As far as being long on top of the zone, yes it's a plus but not a necessity. Flynn was a true 1. Battle isn't a true 1, but I'm willing to bet that he's put there and playing in the ACC he will struggle against ball pressure next year. Gotta value the ball.

Bayside44 said:
Joseph ain't long. I have too many other grievances that I will now scream off my front stoop.

Yup, Joseph is the exception.

His lack of progress baffles me.

I don't like it when a kid gets bashed. He's in college and trust me, it's not like Joseph wants to play like this. To me, it seems like he's just not comfortable with the speed of D1. He may be a prime transfer candidate. I hope he figures it out. Either at SU or elsewhere.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cardiac

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom