Miami | Syracusefan.com

Miami

longislandcuse

Living Legend
No idea what to expect out of this game.

We seem to be finding an identity on both offense and defense and our star players are starting to play like star players, on both sides of the ball.

We're 4-3.

Inexplicable loss to MTSU where we looked all out of sorts and made massive mistakes to give the game away.

Two road losses to good teams, in which again, we made massive mistakes but still kept it close all game.

We seem to have started to "click" in these past 2 games. We overcame our massive mistake against Clemson in which we saw a 14 point swing.

Miami is good. How good? I don't know. They've played some cupcakes, destroyed Duke and won two toss up games where they got lucky/clutch last second plays to beat solid teams in FSU and GT.

How healthy is Miami? They were pretty beat up heading into GT. I know they are without Walton for the year but do they get anyone else of importance back for us?

Rosier is a streaky QB, Homer is a good RB and they have some serious talent at WR.

On defense, their Front 7 is supposed to be Clemson/Bama lite but I haven't been blown away by them when I've watched. Their secondary is the weak link from everything I've heard.

It feels so good to go into a big game this week and actually care about it because I think we can win.

This game will tell us a lot about the state of this team. I love that Dungey said we should be 7-0. I love that Miami will be undefeated Top 10. I love that we have a ton of players from Florida. This should not be a letdown game. We already lost one game this year due to lack of focus, let's not make it two.

No idea what to expect out of this game.

We seem to be finding an identity on both offense and defense and our star players are starting to play like star players, on both sides of the ball.

We're 4-3.

Inexplicable loss to MTSU where we looked all out of sorts and made massive mistakes to give the game away.

Two road losses to good teams, in which again, we made massive mistakes but still kept it close all game.

We seem to have started to "click" in these past 2 games. We overcame our massive mistake against Clemson in which we saw a 14 point swing.

Miami is good. How good? I don't know. They've played some cupcakes, destroyed Duke and won two toss up games where they got lucky/clutch last second plays to beat solid teams in FSU and GT.

How healthy is Miami? They were pretty beat up heading into GT. I know they are without Walton for the year but do they get anyone else of importance back for us?

Rosier is a streaky QB, Homer is a good RB and they have some serious talent at WR.

On defense, their Front 7 is supposed to be Clemson/Bama lite but I haven't been blown away by them when I've watched. Their secondary is the weak link from everything I've heard.

It feels so good to go into a big game this week and actually care about it because I think we can win.

This game will tell us a lot about the state of this team. I love that Dungey said we should be 7-0. I love that Miami will be undefeated Top 10. I love that we have a ton of players from Florida. This should not be a letdown game. We already lost one game this year due to lack of focus, let's not make it two.

Good Stuff.

On their board they aren't giving us much respect and think the heat will get to our guys. Also they keep mentioning we suck on the road.. which i would argue with a lot given we were some mental mistakes and one possession from winning vs two ranked teams.

I see a lot of Clemson in Miami. They have some very talented skill players but put a lot onto their qb to make it happen. Rosier is a tough nosed kid and makes plays with his arm and feet. Franklin and Bennett will be key to containing him. They do a nice job using misdirection post snap with their runs and are good in the Read Option. Similar to all our opponents, we need to keep the ball in front of us and make them earn their points.

I loved the comment about the heat tiring us lol. I think just like all year we should look to tire them out with tempo and 8-15 play drives so we are right there in the final quarter.

Overall we are far more tested this year than they are. Nothing they throw on the field should be any greater of a challenge than we have seen to date. Watching them so far I think NCSU is better overall given how good the combo of Finley Hines and Samuel is.

To win I think we have to be unpredictable with offensive shifts and calls along with the blitz packages. Also we have to keep Berrios in check. Dude is so hard to guard.

At this point if Dino gets their heads right and the Florida boys are all in given the return home I think we can pull it off.

This is the proverbial let down game coming off a big win. Miami seems to be rolling now. It's definitely a winnable game, especially if we play like we did on Friday. I'm just worried about the team not being mentally right. At the very least I would be happy coming out of this game injury free...regroup going into the bye week and go on a nice 4 game win streak to end the season.

One thing I could see Dino doing is breaking out the jet sweep this game. Miami over reacted a lot on D to Tech and they had some huge runs outside. We really haven't used it as much of late. Again just one nugget. I love how we have seen so many different wrinkles every game. I doubt that changes even if it is just a slight personnel shift vs actual look.

All I know is that the winning is NOT helping their attendance. On the 2nd half onside kick, you could see the bottom sections in the camera view. The middle three were almost completely empty. So, crowd may not be an issue.

All I know is that the winning is NOT helping their attendance. On the 2nd half onside kick, you could see the bottom sections in the camera view. The middle three were almost completely empty. So, crowd may not be an issue.

Playing in Ft Lauderdale/Miami Gardens is the equivalent of Syracuse playing in Herkimer.

Last edited:
This is the proverbial let down game coming off a big win. Miami seems to be rolling now. It's definitely a winnable game, especially if we play like we did on Friday. I'm just worried about the team not being mentally right. At the very least I would be happy coming out of this game injury free...regroup going into the bye week and go on a nice 4 game win streak to end the season.
No chance for a let down, none.

In hindsight I have accepted the MTSU loss as Clemson may have prepared better for a 4-2 SU team than a 3-3 one. The Clemson win is the best in 30+ years while a MTSU win would have been 2nd weakest of the season on paper.

We should be getting Miami's best shot this week as they don't want to be the 2nd top 10 in a row to lose to Cuse.

From what I've read so far, Miami fans view Syracuse as the team that lost to a full strength MTSU team and not the team that beat Clemson, almost knocked off LSU/NC STATE. Dino will have them prepared to play. Cuse needs to knock them off to be viewed as legit and not a fluke.

I think this group likes playing the spoiler and being underdogs.

We'll be ready. If anything Miami will let down against us.

I'm seriously worried about the field. and the footing. Huge chunks of turf were ripping up on Saturday anytime a kid made a cut. Guys slipping all over the place. Field btw the hashes was just mud.

Move the game to the Dome.

If we can get off to another decent start,I think we beat them. IMO, our 3 losses were due to playing like crap in the 1st halves and having to try and claw back in the 2nd. That field might be a big time issue as well.looked horrible yesterday.

If we can get off to another decent start,I think we beat them. IMO, our 3 losses were due to playing like crap in the 1st halves and having to try and claw back in the 2nd. That field might be a big time issue as well.looked horrible yesterday.
I think our tempo can be even more effective on a crap field.

Man vs Man Miami has more talent as did Clemson. Hopefully the execution and drive of the players supersedes that. I’m impressed with their Duke win. Atmosphere should be nothing compared to LSU and such. If we play well then I like our chances. Won’t be easy though.

I don't expect a letdown. Dungy and team got their first taste of greatness Friday, and they want more.

Top 10 team and national tv should keep them focused (not saying Dino won't have them ready, regardless).

We win this one, after Clemson, and now we've got this baby humming. Proves Clemson wasn't a fluke.

Other thing - right now it's forecasted to be raining. I think this helps us. They don't have the greatest fans and the rain will help damper the ones that show.

We need to keep our pace up, though. Reduce the penalties and push, push, push.

Gonna be a shootout

Berrios and Langham are legit and our secondary is banged up.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DizzyNY

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom