Michael Benny the 1st to tweet about it. Story at 5 | Page 5 | Syracusefan.com

Michael Benny the 1st to tweet about it. Story at 5

That would help with student attendance

Students don't show up anyways. They shouldnt even be a consideration for any future plans. If it WAS a concern..they could easily run drunk trollies from campus to the new area via the connective corridor. Or...the students could take the train as well after the team is done with it.

lol. I love when people act like Syracuse students are filthy rich royalty.
Tell that to anyone walking by all the BMW, Lexus and Land Rover lots all over campus lol. A LARGE population on that campus is trust fund babies.

Students don't show up anyways. They shouldnt even be a consideration for any future plans. If it WAS a concern..they could easily run drunk trollies from campus to the new area via the connective corridor. Or...the students could take the train as well after the team is done with it.

So off base

Tell that to anyone walking by all the BMW, Lexus and Land Rover lots all over campus lol. A LARGE population on that campus is trust fund babies.

What = a LARGE population to you?

I went to Syracuse (class of '07) - so I am pretty familiar with the demographics. I am not saying there aren't wealthy kids on campus. But to assume that 3-5k students are already going to Destiny daily or weekly anyway to shop in the "high end stores" is somewhat ludicrous.

ncb_g_carrier-dome_mb_600.jpg

CusefanATL said:
What = a LARGE population to you? I went to Syracuse (class of '07) - so I am pretty familiar with the demographics. I am not saying there aren't wealthy kids on campus. But to assume that 3-5k students are already going to Destiny daily or weekly anyway to shop in the "high end stores" is somewhat ludicrous.
What "high end" stores are in Destiny now? Saks? Burberry? Barneys?

What = a LARGE population to you?

I went to Syracuse (class of '07) - so I am pretty familiar with the demographics. I am not saying there aren't wealthy kids on campus. But to assume that 3-5k students are already going to Destiny daily or weekly anyway to shop in the "high end stores" is somewhat ludicrous.
Oh i dont think they are shopping that much at Destiny..Im just saying there is a ton of rich kids on campus.

They're still going to play hoops in the same place. Which at the end of the day is The Franchise around here.
They can take the train like the team. It could actually be an eye opening experience for students that never step a foot off campus.

I bet it would be tough to find a pic like that for football.
We're not in the SEC where the whole region lives for their big state school. Most of the students weren't wearing SU onesies in the crib. The basketball team puts out a good product and as football keeps getting better we'll get more students at the games.

I do think it has to become more of an event though. Tailgating is a huge part of college football and SU students don't really have a place to do that. It's exciting to get to the parking lot several hours before the game to drink, eat, and play games with all your friends. On the other hand, when you have the option of either rolling out of bed and walking to the dome vs staying in bed and watching the game on tv, it's a lot tougher to get out of bed. Football games have to become an event that the students don't want to miss. Look at how popular May Fest is. That's basically a day of tailgating that ends with a shitty concert instead of a football game.

We're not in the SEC where the whole region lives for their big state school. Most of the students weren't wearing SU onesies in the crib. The basketball team puts out a good product and as football keeps getting better we'll get more students at the games.

I do think it has to become more of an event though. Tailgating is a huge part of college football and SU students don't really have a place to do that. It's exciting to get to the parking lot several hours before the game to drink, eat, and play games with all your friends. On the other hand, when you have the option of either rolling out of bed and walking to the dome vs staying in bed and watching the game on tv, it's a lot tougher to get out of bed. Football games have to become an event that the students don't want to miss. Look at how popular May Fest is. That's basically a day of tailgating that ends with a shitty concert instead of a football game.

Agree - Move legal drinking age back to 18. Problem solved.

Why take the train when you can drive a Lexus? I get it, you hate the students except for the ones you cheer for.
Yes i "hate" students. I just don't think they should be a priority for the sports programs when they don't care very much for anything other than high profile basketball games. Simple as that.

They can take the train like the team. It could actually be an eye opening experience for students that never step a foot off campus.

Would you want to leave if you knew this is how you would be looked at and treated?

It always confuses me when people hate the students, or assume they are all pretentious jerks who don't care for their own school. They chose to come to SU. The athletes we cheer for are their classmates. Without them, I doubt the school is the largest employer in the city, or plays D1 football, or even exists.

As for your parking lot assessment, when I was a pretentious rich college kid at SU, my classmate Lawrence Moten drove a red Lexus. I hated him and thought he could do well for himself by seeing the world away from the Hill. Talk about a silver spoon in his mouth!

Want to leave? All this "hating" the students talk is garbage. The only point im making is they shouldn't be a priority because they haven't proven to be reliable for showing up to football games. End of story.

An eye opening experience to what end? Most of them are making a beeline to the city limits the second they graduate...I know I did. Choosing to go to the "private and expensive" college in the city of Syracuse does not mean going all in for the city. I am very nostalgic for my time on the hill. The city not so much...no offense to the locals.

An eye opening experience to what end? Most of them are making a beeline to the city limits the second they graduate...I know I did. Choosing to go to the "private and expensive" college in the city of Syracuse does not mean going all in for the city. I am very nostalgic for my time on the hill. The city not so much...no offense to the locals.
That's wonderful. You missed out on a great city, but it was your choice and thats fine. To what end? I don't even know what you mean by that.

Want to leave? All this "hating" the students talk is garbage. The only point im making is they shouldn't be a priority because they haven't proven to be reliable for showing up to football games. End of story.

Without those students there is no school and hence no games to be played. If I am wrong please provide a minimum of one example to disprove my statement.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CuseGuy44

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom