Micron - Let’s try this again | Page 7 | Syracusefan.com

Micron - Let’s try this again

lol ...ask Buffalo...and not sure the state helped with the dome roof reno. came from fundraising, school reserves and borrowing. I see they (the state) are helping with the new seating etc.
My point was spending state money on some crazy arena down the hill or wherever everyone here was taking probably would've crowded out the money they spent in this, so I'm glad it didn't happen

Syracuse will have an IKEA with this announcement. I predict it'll be opened by 2026.

We'll also see air travel pick up.

I can see non stops to new cities and extra flights added to various hubs.
Agree. An expansion/renovation was already announced earlier this year for Hancock Airport. It’s probably just the very start.

Over the next decade light rail needs to be tackled. The first section should be University to downtown to Destiny to Train Station to Airport to Cicero/Clay.

And more roads will need to be built.

Sadly some houses and long established businesses will need to be moved.

Finally, the core for the community needs to always be focused on downtown.

This needs to happen like yesterday...the Thruway from Exits 34a to 39 needs to be free for commuters and widened to 3 or 4 lanes each direction.

Tearing down I-81 downtown going to put traffic on the Thruway.
Agree, but not great timing that the Thruway is currently being reconstructed from exits 37-39. I do think there’s enough room to add another lane each way though. I never understood why it wasn’t 3 lanes like it is near Albany and Rochester.

I do know they are adding lanes to 481(Future 81).

I like the optimism but I'm still not sure a Final Four is feasible. I do think this growth will help SU get the S16/E8 again (which is still great IMO)
Once climate change takes a toll and our winters bottom out in the 50s… we’ll be considered. I’ll do my part and never buy a Tesla or hybrid.

Once climate change takes a toll and our winters bottom out in the 50s… we’ll be considered. I’ll do my part and never buy a Tesla or hybrid.
Seating is an issue. The FF is in venues that holds 70k. We are looking to decrease ours by at least 5k.

Seating is an issue. The FF is in venues that holds 70k. We are looking to decrease ours by at least 5k.
How many temporary on the floor seats could they squeeze in?

I would hope they could make an exception and host it on campus for a throwback feel.

I hope Syracuse can support another major 4 star hotel downtown or near campus

Hancock is going to need another parking garage or a bigger one. It’s already hard to get a spot in the winter months.
One is already in the works.

There will be a boom in motels but also a bunch of extended stay places.

Guess what?

Syracuse will now be competitive to bid for a Final Four within 3-4 years.

In what sport?

I would hope they could make an exception and host it on campus for a throwback feel.

I hope Syracuse can support another major 4 star hotel downtown or near campus

The suites don't have bathrooms, the stadium is a million miles apart from the places that host these events.

My family thinks i’m crazy, but i’ve been saying the ample supply of water will be the second revolution for this area. Our area currently draws 20m gallons of water per day from Ontario. Believe it or not, mircon will require another 20m per day and our water treatment facilities can handle up to 70m.

Water won’t be a problem. OCWA said how much do you need. OCWA then said do you want more… water and power are no issue. The power station nearby can power the city of Buffalo. That’s not an exaggeration.

yeah and how about those lakes overflowing...

This needs to happen like yesterday...the Thruway from Exits 34a to 39 needs to be free for commuters and widened to 3 or 4 lanes each direction.

Tearing down I-81 downtown going to put traffic on the Thruway.

Great series of comments by you, Mark. Did you used to work in City Planning?