Might cut the cord | Page 20 | Syracusefan.com

Might cut the cord

Based on my experience, I've never had an issue with watching a live game on a delayed basis, even when the live event ended and I was still watching.
It sucks in a group chat while the game is live though

So right now I have the ACC network but my wife and I are considering cutting the cord because spectrum increased our bill by $60. If I keep my Internet and get ESPN plus for my iPad will I still be able to watch Syracuse basketball and football games? At least the ones that would regularly be shown on ESPN?
Go streaming - Utube TV works for me!!!

I wonder if DTV will still offer a college student streaming for Sunday Ticket.
I do know YT will offer it to different streams, but the big draw was the price for a college kid
(and me that mooched on my HS'er since she is dual enrolled in community college :))

This is yet another reason not to use game day group chat :cool:
I got to thinking about that issue with my situation with YTTV now and decided not being in the chat might not be the worst thing in the world. :)

Can you elaborate on this? My dad does this all the time and will want the details? What happens if the event ends?
Ok. So as I said, this is an occasional issue. Most of the time, nothing bad happens and it’s fine.

But.. occasionally if you are behind the live event and that even ends , AND that event went BEYOND its scheduled time (as live events often do) the broadcast will simply STOP at the prescheduled time and leave you with a cliff-hanger.

If you had the event set to record, you can exit out of the program and wait a few minutes , and the entire program will be available to you. I believe some person at you tube TV is literally manually doing these adjustments with the live event over-runs, thus the few minute delay .

If you WERENT recording the event, you’re straight out of luck and you’ll just have to watch the end in highlights .

Ok. So as I said, this is an occasional issue. Most of the time, nothing bad happens and it’s fine.

But.. occasionally if you are behind the live event and that even ends , AND that event went BEYOND its scheduled time (as live events often do) the broadcast will simply STOP at the prescheduled time and leave you with a cliff-hanger.

If you had the event set to record, you can exit out of the program and wait a few minutes , and the entire program will be available to you. I believe some person at you tube TV is literally manually doing these adjustments with the live event over-runs, thus the few minute delay .

If you WERENT recording the event, you’re straight out of luck and you’ll just have to watch the end in highlights .
It took me a long time to trust the YTTV extending the recording. I was so used to recording past the run time and recording shows after games. Getting all of the game on one recording is helpful. Never had the issue of getting stuck on a cliff-hanger.

Never had this issue at all with YTTV. Had this issue all the time with the cable DVR

This is yet another reason not to use game day group chat :cool:

I got to thinking about that issue with my situation with YTTV now and decided not being in the chat might not be the worst thing in the world. :)

Not being there has put years back on my life.
Little, if anything, of value is ever posted in the in-game chat, just a lot of posts that many regret later. If I've participated twice in ours, that would be a lot. The hardcore ND board calls theirs The Romper Room, and by that I mean to get to their in-game chat you select "Romper Room" off the board's menu.

Little, if anything, of value is ever posted in the in-game chat, just a lot of posts that many regret later. If I've participated twice in ours, that would be a lot. The hardcore ND board calls theirs The Romper Room, and by that I mean to get to their in-game chat you select "Romper Room" off the board's menu.
Ha! One of our more infamous posters who has been with us since the start (rarely posts anymore) used to refer to this entire forum as "Romper Room" long before game chats were a thing. He was ahead of his time for sure.

If I am understanding you correctly, the simple solution to prevent that is to be sure to select the option to keep recording the event well past the scheduled event ending. I typically choose 2 hours longer and have never had a problem.

The DVR storage is limitless, so pick the longest record time.

If I am understanding you correctly, the simple solution to prevent that is to be sure to select the option to keep recording the event well past the scheduled event ending. I typically choose 2 hours longer and have never had a problem.

The DVR storage is limitless, so pick the longest record time.
I’m not familiar with there being an option to do that beyond selecting the following program to record which would be a pain to have to remember to do that

too bad it seems to be a one device limit..
similar to the existing ST for students.

But good to see they re-up'd it and kept the price the same.

I see DirecTv is offering $400 in visa reward card for new customers to get ST via YT.

I know many people play CSR roulette and ended up getting ST for free back in the day. So maybe enough grumbling and threats they'll throw existing customers a bone.

if you are a student in a suite, 4 of you could pay $100 and get 4 feeds on 4 devices.. or you could pay $400 and get unlimited feeds and 2 external feeds.. I wonder how they figure out if you are in a different household if you bought it in your dorm on campus. would the outfacing IP be that much different?

I have a fire stick and am trying to log onto the ESPN app using my YouTube TV credentials and it's just taking me in circles. Anyone else have those issues?

youtube vs fubo? Is one markedly better than the other for SU games?

I had Hulu and I'm going to switch to one of the above.

I have a fire stick and am trying to log onto the ESPN app using my YouTube TV credentials and it's just taking me in circles. Anyone else have those issues?
Every time. On my phone however, no issue

youtube vs fubo? Is one markedly better than the other for SU games?

I had Hulu and I'm going to switch to one of the above.
IDK about anything about Fubo, but YouTube TV has the ACC Network and usually a CW network station. Because it carries the ACCN, you can access games that are ACC Network Xtra on the ESPN app.

IDK about anything about Fubo, but YouTube TV has the ACC Network and usually a CW network station. Because it carries the ACCN, you can access games that are ACC Network Xtra on the ESPN app.
Thanks

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FbBarbie

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom