Mike and Mike on Big East | Page 2 | Syracusefan.com

Mike and Mike on Big East

How many different OC's & HC's has Tino Sunseri had?
No idea ... don't think it really matters ... heck you could have Norm Chow and the guy still would have triple pumped at the close of the first half ...

I'm possibly mis-remembering, but was the initial intent to fire him, or did they want him to make some changes (the offense), and there was some refusal and ultimately firing? Thought I remembered that. They just wouldn't modernize on offense.

Did they have Haywood in mind when they replaced him? All I can remember was the stories after he was hired, but not how quickly he was named after Wanny was fired.

Leach, Holgerson, Golden, Bradley, Mark Stoops, Paul Rhoads, on paper were all better candidates.

Leach might have been a stretch but he was always at odds with Texas Tech. Holgerson ended up being HCIW at WV so maybe they could have gotten him. Bradley in hindsight had the Sandusky mess. Stoops is from Youngstown and a name. Rhoads coached at Pitt and was successful in year 1 at ISU. Not sure if he would have left after only one year though.

They ended up settling on Heywood who had a great year in 201o. Although his 2009 he had ONE win overall despite playing in the MAC. Seemed like a stretch to me.

It's coming down to two choices:

Big 'Murica Conference, to appeal to a certain demographic.

Or The Manifest Destiny Conference, to appeal to another demographic.

How about a incorporating a Corporate partner, The Big East brought to you by Extenze - Guaranted to help you grow at least two or three time zones.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
KD95

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom