Mike Hopkins to the Phoenix Suns | Page 16 | Syracusefan.com

Mike Hopkins to the Phoenix Suns

Hop also inherited two NBA players and a team loaded with talent. Yes, Romar was awful. But to say Hop is better is like saying Trubisky is better than Foles

Bottom line is Hop is on the verge of two consecutive last place finishes in a bad conference. Washington hasn’t done that in who knows how long. Romar never did it. It will likely be three in a row next season as the team likely gets worst.

Once again. Ask yourself. Is UW better, worst or equal to where they were when Romar got fired?
Your incessant posting about Hop is wearing on everyone’s last nerves. But what’s really, truly driving me crazy is that you keep misspelling worse as “worst” in every damn post!

Your incessant posting about Hop is wearing on everyone’s last nerves. But what’s really, truly driving me crazy is that you keep misspelling worse as “worst” in every damn post!
Not sure you are aware of this Husky, but this a Syracuse basketball board.

We appreciate that you have decided to inform us that the UW basketball program is awful. We now know that. There is no need to update us with each loss as the season progresses. We get it. We know UW is going to lose 20 games (if 20 games are actually played).

I am sorry you are having a bad season. I like Mike a lot and wish things were better. Maybe you can get Jimmy Boeheim to start at PF next season and he will help turn the program around. Hang in there and appreciate that you still have a decent football program.

I respect your opinion but IMO Syracuse prefers to hire “lifer” head coaches and the only way I see this continuing with the basketball program is to hire from within.

Based upon... what?

Because we've had one atypical situation where we've had an all-time great coach who's had a career spanning five decades? Chances are, you'll never see a situation like this again. Anywhere, not just at Syracuse.

Exceptions to the rule shouldn't be the template.

Based upon... what?

Because we've had one atypical situation where we've had an all-time great coach who's had a career spanning five decades? Chances are, you'll never see a situation like this again. Anywhere, not just at Syracuse.

Exceptions to the rule shouldn't be the template.
Based on Syracuse’s inability/unwillingness to compete ($$$) with public P5 schools for top coaching talent and the men’s lacrosse program in-house coaching history. I’m also thinking they hope they have their “lifer” with Coach Q

Based on Syracuse’s inability/unwillingness to compete ($$$) with public P5 schools for top coaching talent and the men’s lacrosse program in-house coaching history. I’m also thinking they hope they have their “lifer” with Coach Q

Don't compare lax to revenue generating sports. C'mon.

Syracuse has beneffited substantially from JB not seeking to maximize his value on the open market. The guy still drives pontiacs, for christ sake. He was head's down coaching for a few years, then got some Nike money, and then after a couple of years realized that in CNY he was loaded. He very easily could have sought more money, but didn't need to -- he's not a materialistic guy.

That's different from the university being "unwilling" to pay for coaches. And now with ACC money / revenue sharing, doing so will NOT be the problem some like to pretend it is.

People need to be careful -- you get what you pay for. And if the objective is to go cheap to save some money, then chances are the results will follow suit.

Last edited:
had an offer from Ohio St. Has the bloodlines. Can't be too bad.

The comment about the identity of what Hop wants is key. Looks like he is now trying to build that foundation. UW has had plenty of guys who were a quick stop and off to the NBA surrounded by crap. Build a roster of guys who you can build a sustainable program with vs a flash in the pan. A couple years with talent to build some excitement and now taking the lumps and understanding he needs to shift focus a bit. It's smart albeit not sexy I'm sure to UW fans.

You soiled yourself when you saw this, so excited to come over and post it here immediately. Just giddy I bet

He’s a troll, what else can be said? Why else continue to come over to this board to make the same point? He even threw in a little dig about our loss yesterday.

You soiled yourself when you saw this, so excited to come over and post it here immediately. Just giddy I bet

Do you think Hop is doing a good job at UW? Year four and he has turned UW into the worst P5 team in the nation. He sure would be a great hire back at Syracuse.

What is funny is that everyone on here gives Hop a pass for what he’s doing at UW.

But when you guys blow a huge lead to an awful Pitt team...FIRE BOEHEIM HE HAS TO GO! Oh but Hop is doing fine, give him a couple more years.
Hey I resemble ...er I mean resent that remark.