Mike Hopkins to the Phoenix Suns | Page 17 | Syracusefan.com

Mike Hopkins to the Phoenix Suns

Hop and UW are fighting hard. Five points and already 11 minutes into the game!

Going to break some news to you. Going to be tough to hear. At this point Hop doesn't want to be there. He knows it ain't going to get better just waiting for us to call him once JB steps aside. He will be in a better conference better program better resources better fan base locally and national and will be able to get back to his recruiting grounds.

23-5 with 5 minutes left in the half. Let that sink in. They may not score 20 points in this entire game.

Hop and UW are fighting hard. Five points and already 11 minutes into the game!
Congratulations. You actually have us rooting against Hopkins...who we love...just so you’ll be miserable. Coach K couldn’t win at Washington. They’ve always been losers and always will be. Leave us your address and we’ll send you some Cuse gear

Hey Hooper, Washington is winning the second half. Why haven't you updated us?

I turned the game off when they had 5 points 15 minutes into the game.

Great to see they aren’t losing by 20.

23-5 with 5 minutes left in the half. Let that sink in. They may not score 20 points in this entire game.
Watching the Huskies struggles the last 2 years should give every SU fan concern that Hop may not be the right guy to take over for Boeheim. They are terrible this year and were gawd awful with 2 McDonalds AA's last year. He should definitely be on the hot seat next year the way things are trending at Washington.

1-9 is bad. I cant even lie

Let's take it in perspective. The well has run dry at UW. Hopkins doesn't want to be there, he never wanted to be there was just the best opportunity to cut his chops until JB retired.

Going to break some news to you. Going to be tough to hear. At this point Hop doesn't want to be there. He knows it ain't going to get better just waiting for us to call him once JB steps aside. He will be in a better conference better program better resources better fan base locally and national and will be able to get back to his recruiting grounds.
Dude cmon. You sound like a clown with this post n a few others.

Let's take it in perspective. The well has run dry at UW. Hopkins doesn't want to be there, he never wanted to be there was just the best opportunity to cut his chops until JB retired.
You have zero clue on that statement. Dont be “that guy” who makes uneducated statements like this.

It appears that the Seattle recruiting handlers have turned in Hop probably because he brought in guys from the east coast and gave them spots that the Seattle people thought belong to them. That, and with the covid situation stopping recruiting visits, has choked off talent.

Do you think Hop is doing a good job at UW? Year four and he has turned UW into the worst P5 team in the nation. He sure would be a great hire back at Syracuse.

2 good years, 2 REALLY bad years. Probably gets one more as the rubber match or they can just eat the contract and fire him and to be honest I would probably fire him if they can make the $ work. He has been horrible the past 2 years at UW there is no denying that, I just don't know why you seem to revel in it and continue to post here about it. The UW job does stink though and the program will most likely need a miracle to ever be anything but mediocre. If Hop can't get a HC job at a smaller school in the Northeast, I wouldn't be shocked if he winds up as an NBA assistant

I don't want him back at Syracuse as the HC and I have always been in the boat that Syracuse should hire the best coach for the job when JB retires. I do like Hop and appreciate everything he did here while at Syracuse. Also, stop with the hire him at Syracuse B.. S... Like I said, he has been horrific at UW the past 2 years

Last edited: