Mike Hopkins! | Syracusefan.com

Mike Hopkins!

Evan P

Walk On
Random question! I was 7 years old at the time when Hopkins got a bloody jersey in the 2nd round vs Umass in 1992. Did he also get a bloody face/jersey in a Big East game like Villanova or Seton Hall? I vaguely remember that happening as well but I was so young so could be a false memory.

He got a seriously bloody face in that game versus UMass. The picture made the front page of the sports section in the Washington Post. I don't remember anything similar against Nova.

Last edited:
Searched for that picture but no luck. I did find this one which is pretty cool.

11.jpg

He got a seriously bloody face in that game versus UMass. It made the front page of the sports section in the Washington Post. I don't remember anything similar against Nova.
Here is morvil11 's video of the game. Go to around the 33:40 mark and you can see the carnage. Some thug on UMass drove to the hoop. Hop tried to defend him. The thug hit him in the temple with his elbow. I am assuming it was intentional but didn't look at it really closely.

Hop was clearly not happy about it.

Very physical game.

Bloody Hop.jpg

Last edited:
I think cto and Mike both expressed frustration about not being able to find this picture. Joyce and Mike, if you stop by, check this picture out!
The Washington Post picture was black and white ... and full forward-looking face. There was a HUGE copy of it in the Washington Post ... which I had displayed in my office for about 10 years .. until I retired. Sadly, I tossed it when I cleaned out my office.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
vegasnick

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom