Mike Waters | Syracusefan.com

Mike Waters

It’s funny, Mike has a young “presence.” Don’t know how else to put it, he just comes across as a younger person. So it’s crazy to see him with a son about the age he “seems” to me.

Super nice guy. Meet him at Syracuse Press Club awards ceremony a few years ago. Stopped and talked basketball for like ten minutes, he didn’t seem to mind at all. I consider myself a pretty knowledgeable fan, I don’t know squat compared to him.

I have always felt the current beat writers are somewhat soft. I’d like to see them go after the coach on tough team subjects and my god stand up for yourself when the coach goes after you or a colleague. To much tippytoeing around Jim. But certainly his son graduating from law school is a great accomplishment.

I have always felt the current beat writers are somewhat soft. I’d like to see them go after the coach on tough team subjects and my god stand up for yourself when the coach goes after you or a colleague. To much tippytoeing around Jim. But certainly his son graduating from law school is a great accomplishment.

How was the play, Mrs. Lincoln?

Mike and Donna are the best we will ever have. Love them. Wish they would press a little more from time to time, but bringing in Axe as a court jester-like foil helps.

Too

They’re between a rock and a hard place. The hoops program butters the Post-Standard’s bread so if you upset Boeheim one too many times your access is going to get cut. I wish that wasn’t the reality but it’s the burden of being the paper of record in a college town where the coach can’t stand to hear anyone’s perspective other than his own.

Super nice guy. Meet him at Syracuse Press Club awards ceremony a few years ago. Stopped and talked basketball for like ten minutes, he didn’t seem to mind at all. I consider myself a pretty knowledgeable fan, I don’t know squat compared to him.
How tall are you?

I think the paper has a lot more power that they use with our sports programs. The University asks a number of favors from the newspaper. I won't get in to them but a simple refusal would cause the university some discomfort. When asked why about the refusal, the answer that your coach doesn't treat our people with the proper respect would cause higher ups to get involved. But to my knowledge, the paper has never used that card.

Last edited:
I think the paper has a lot more power that they use with our sports programs. The University asks a number of favors from the University. I won't get in to them but a simple refusal would cause the university some discomfort. When asked why about the refusal, the answer that your coach doesn't treat our people with the proper respect would cause higher ups to get involved. But to my knowledge, the paper has never used that card.
Other than the 1st NCAA investigation.

I think the paper has a lot more power that they use with our sports programs. The University asks a number of favors from the University. I won't get in to them but a simple refusal would cause the university some discomfort. When asked why about the refusal, the answer that your coach doesn't treat our people with the proper respect would cause higher ups to get involved. But to my knowledge, the paper has never used that card.
Can we get a rewrite here? I’m confused by your words. “The university asks … from the university?”

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jc824

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom